Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Sorry to not help kill the thread.  I had traversed across to Alabama on Friday.  I saw Oak Mountain near Birmingham, Cathedral Caverns, Lake Guntersville and it's Lodge and then stayed at Bald Rock Lodge at Cheaha State Park.  Yesterday I raced across I-20 to stay ahead of Cindy's crying...

My phone had sporadic connection to the internet.  I had no computer.  I only turned on a TV when I heard that the tropical depression got named.  So... for a "work" trip at state parks in another state... it was pretty relaxing and fun!

IMG_3976.thumb.JPG.7549611646c73dae9752a5246d8511ca.JPG

The Lodge at Lake Guntersville... storm not related to Cindy.IMG_3990.thumb.JPG.2a9c48bd3fd6e788ac32fbd1b0d0df16.JPG

The view from my balcony looking over Lake GuntersvilleIMG_4021.thumb.JPG.e2f41c917d1e7edbd52feb38b29b07e2.JPG

At the restaraunt on top of Cheaha State Park looking down into Talladega National Forest.

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 16

Yeah, can't help kill off the thread either.

Because reasons.

Which I shall not divulge. Until I find something really cool and worth posting.

And I'd rather be painting. 

• Like 12

59 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

It is awful, and there is so little I can do. 

I hate feeling helpless. 

Sorry to hear it.  It's stressful to see people you care about suffer, so take care of yourself too.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Sorry to hear it.  It's stressful to see people you care about suffer, so take care of yourself too.

Will do. It helps that I've got my girls who demand walks. I always fell better after getting a walk.

Right this moment, I also would rather be painting.

Edited by David Brawley
  • Like 6

Follow on: is the idea of being happy at work/enjoying ones job really a thing, or is it just a pipe dream?

• Like 11

16 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Man.... It's been a depressing 3 weeks. So much bleep hitting at once.

Hide contents

First a friend earlier and now a co-worker today. Was hoping to make it through the day, but didnt last, cause some of my minions started crying. Dangit. My minions saw me weep. When did growing up become so sad? Can I go back in time and slap myself for wishing to grow up? Sorry. I stored too much internally and now just bubbling around. Don't have anywhere else to write or express and with the closing of the thread, it won't last so long. Ahhhhhjjhhhsidbhehdbd. Flaburnsodneud. Slsijsn. >.<

Sympathy, pkt.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Chaoswolf said:

Follow on: is the idea of being happy at work/enjoying ones job really a thing, or is it just a pipe dream?

I don't hate my job.  Some days I like it.  Mostly I'm bored.  But it pays the bills and I don't really have to exert myself.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, David Brawley said:

It is awful, and there is so little I can do. 

I hate feeling helpless. 

I know exactly how you feel, and it really is awful. :down: 

1 minute ago, Chaoswolf said:

No, it's a thing. I have a great place to work. It has its bad days, but overall I actually quite enjoy being here.

In unrelated news, I need help translating something to latin. I'm thinking @Pingo seems likely to be able to help, but if anyone else knows enough Latin to be able to help I'd appreciate the help in perpetrating some silliness... ::P: How would one say the equivalent of "Well, actually..." in Latin? Google Translate doesn't seem to know any direct translation of the use of "well" as an exclamation... I'm assuming there isn't one. But hopefully there's something that could serve the same role... Anyway! If anyone has an answer I'd appreciate it. Totally not urgent, it's all about being silly... ::): 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Most days I like my job, but it took several jobs and quite a bit of looking for that to happen. Oh, and building an in-house photography "business" to add to my tech writing for variety.

It really can get better.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

meh.

I've never had one I've enjoyed. Just a sliding scale of bad. The one I have now is probably the least bad of the jobs I had. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

I know exactly how you feel, and it really is awful. :down: 

No, it's a thing. I have a great place to work. It has its bad days, but overall I actually quite enjoy being here.

In unrelated news, I need help translating something to latin. I'm thinking @Pingo seems likely to be able to help, but if anyone else knows enough Latin to be able to help I'd appreciate the help in perpetrating some silliness... ::P: How would one say the equivalent of "Well, actually..." in Latin? Google Translate doesn't seem to know any direct translation of the use of "well" as an exclamation... I'm assuming there isn't one. But hopefully there's something that could serve the same role... Anyway! If anyone has an answer I'd appreciate it. Totally not urgent, it's all about being silly... ::): 

Um.

Ignoscite

means "Pardon me" or "sorry"

Rei veritatem

Means "the truth of the thing"

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 12

8 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

I painted little numbers on the bases of all my ships, does that count?

Also @David Brawley, do not underestimate the positive value of living now in the same city as your wife.

Totally counts! But shouldn't you be giving them names?

You're right. Knowing that tonight I get to hug my bride when she gets home? It makes a huge difference!

• Like 13