• Please log in to reply
1284 replies to this topic

#1276 Thes Hunter

Thes Hunter

Associate Bachelor Master, Esquireâ„¢

• House Tabletop
  • 5460 posts

Posted Today, 02:50 AM

Can't sleep, an assortment of maladies are all ganging up to annoy me. Palpitations are back, but again, per the plan I made with my cardiologist, I'm not taking nsaids unless I absolutely have to. To see how this plays out. But my hands, wrists and feet are burning with pain, and I had to get up to start using my hands to keep the stiffness from settling in making the pain worse. I'd take some ibuprophen, but see above.  :lol:

Anyways, it's not as bad as I make it sound. I'm just whining cause I'm not asleep like I would like to be. The pain is pretty minor all things considered, and if I hadn't been awoke by some GI issues, I'd probably be soundly snoozing through all of this. Though if i can't go to sleep soon, ibuprophen it is.

• OneBoot, LittleBluberry and Xherman1964 like this

Google+ Album of most of my painted miniatures.

0 Board Game Minis, 0 Tabletop Minis, 0 Display minis finished in 2017. 

#1277 Xherman1964

Xherman1964

God of Like-Bombing

• House Figmentius
  • 18644 posts

Posted Today, 05:26 AM

It will stay messy for a few weeks. I am in the mood for glitter everywhere. Maybe I should break into the magical glitter too...

Let me help you with that:

Spoiler

Edited by Xherman1964, Today, 05:27 AM.

• Thes Hunter, Erifnogard, OneBoot and 1 other like this

Bacon: It's what's for Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Elevenses, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner and Supper.

My Latest Work:

WAR TURTLE WITH HOWDAH

My Latest WIP:

BEASTMAN BUST

LOST WORLD PROJECT

INDEX OF MY PAINTED MINIS.

House Figmentius
    colligo vivere in aeternum

bones3_sig1.jpg  

#1278 Chaoswolf

Chaoswolf

Godlike

• House Tabletop
  • 18008 posts

Posted Today, 07:05 AM

Oookay, five minis finished tonight.

Man, how do you do it? If I finish 5 minis in a week I'm doing good...

I was told today that I was a friend's "backup husband" if she wasn't married in the next 5 years. While discussing it, we decided that our wedding attire would be that of the wrestling duo The Road Warriors, with her painted as Animal and me as Hawk. Or possibly, if I got in shape, I would dress as Lord Humongous instead. One of our mutual lady friends would be my Best "Man," and a couple of our mutual guy friends would be required to wear pink polyester leisure suits complete with ruffled shirts in their roles as bridesmaids.

We would have the most awesome wedding ever. I'm pretty sure that we could work in some Jerry Springer style interruptions during the dinner speeches and everything. Heck, I guarantee that I could get someone to run up behind me and hit me with a folding chair as I was cutting the cake...

Now that wedding sounds like it'd be a blast!

• Froggy the Great, OneBoot and Xherman1964 like this

Chaoswolf is Wolf, woodsman and warrior in

Boldly Into Darkness Go.

Official Lord of the Hunt as designated by Space Pope Bryanzilla the First.

2017 Miniatures tally:

Painted:1 Purchased:0  Received:0 Year to date: +1

2016 Miniatures tally: Lost count at the end, but I'm sure I finished in the hole.

bones64.png

MissMelons, on 10 Jun 2015 - 3:51 PM, said:snapback.png

Looked like I bathed in the blood of fairies.

#1279 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 21069 posts

Posted Today, 08:07 AM

Bear in mind these are the first minis I've finished in a long time.  The 30 figures next to them in the painting tray have been sitting neglected for weeks.

Practice a lot and unashamedly use shortcuts.

• Aryanun, Thes Hunter, OneBoot and 1 other like this

frogwarts.gif Frogwarts: Head of House frogwarts.gif

I'm selling stuff.  PM if interested.

#1280 LittleBluberry

LittleBluberry

Godlike

• House Tabletop
  • 3714 posts

Posted Today, 11:12 AM

Can't sleep, an assortment of maladies are all ganging up to annoy me. Palpitations are back, but again, per the plan I made with my cardiologist, I'm not taking nsaids unless I absolutely have to. To see how this plays out. But my hands, wrists and feet are burning with pain, and I had to get up to start using my hands to keep the stiffness from settling in making the pain worse. I'd take some ibuprophen, but see above.  :lol:

Anyways, it's not as bad as I make it sound. I'm just whining cause I'm not asleep like I would like to be. The pain is pretty minor all things considered, and if I hadn't been awoke by some GI issues, I'd probably be soundly snoozing through all of this. Though if i can't go to sleep soon, ibuprophen it is.

I'm not going to give you advice 'cause you know waaaaaay more than me, but here's my cheer of encouragement! I had to give up NSAIDs for my sinus surgery and I've been trying to stay off of them since. My knee is not thrilled with this development (arthritis) but it's hanging in there for now. I hope whatever you're trying to accomplish works out for you.

I'm slothing around, catching up on the forums while my little girls work out. I squandered away most of yesterday playing Twilight Princess, I figure after 10 years I should try and finish it. Don't know if I'm going to try and run through Skyward Sword before March, though.
  • OneBoot and Xherman1964 like this
There is a typo in my username. Expecting more from my posts will likely result in disappointment...

#1281 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 15508 posts

Posted Today, 11:19 AM

Bear in mind these are the first minis I've finished in a long time.  The 30 figures next to them in the painting tray have been sitting neglected for weeks.

Use staples, too.  If you figure out something that works, use it everywhere you can.  This is why many of my figures have rich, red-brown leather.  I hit on that with Coat D'Arms Rat Brown, that's now my staple for rich, dark leather.  Barbarian Leather works the same way for light/worn leather.  Between the two, that's pretty much all the leather for every single figure I have to paint without having to fuss, worry, or think.  If that saves even a mere 6 minutes per figure, after 100 figures I've saved ten hours.  Since many colours can be used more or less the same way, once you figure out what they play best with to make shade and highlight from them, each staple is additive.

Let's say an average figure has 6 different painted bits.  If I can use 6 staples, and each saves 6 minutes, I'm now saving 36 minutes per figure.  After 100 figures, I've saved 3600 minutes - or SIXTY HOURS of paint time. 

And that's how you paint fast. 

(in reality, the savings is much greater - thinktime eats lots of time)

Edited by buglips*the*goblin, Today, 11:22 AM.

• OneBoot, LittleBluberry, Xherman1964 and 1 other like this

kallyslayerkhan_zpspourfqzu.jpg

Hey, YOU!  Want a cool badge like these?  Here's how to get one!

http://forum.reaperm...official-rules/

#1282 Lord of the Dish Pit

Lord of the Dish Pit

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted Today, 11:31 AM

Finally finished the Dragon Bone Pumpkin Catapult, it's crew, the skeletal archer from the learn to paint kit, and the wizard adventuring kid done as Calvin. And it isn't even noon! (ok these have been worked at bit by bit over the course of two weeks, but I'm claiming victory anyway!) Currantly base coating Freddie Pumpkin horror.

The leg is feeling a bit better, so I can bend my knee enough to get it under the desk which means I can sit and paint for longer than 15 minutes at a time.

• pcktlnt, OneBoot, LittleBluberry and 1 other like this

#1283 OneBoot

OneBoot

She of the Singular Footwear

• House Procrastius
  • 6799 posts

Posted Today, 11:53 AM

*trails into the thread, looking bleary*

Good morning, everyone! Apparently I needed a solid 12 hours of sleep; I'm feeling much better now, though my back and neck are rather unhappy with me (they get that way whenever I lie flat for too long).

I think I'll paint a thing, after I get some noms. ^_^

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• LittleBluberry and Xherman1964 like this
kalkhan_zpsnpnn7vhi.jpg
Kaladrax Show-off thread: http://forum.reaperm...ays-by-oneboot/

"Don't sweat it, just paint it." ~buglips*the*goblin

"There are generally two rules for learning to swim - shallow end or deep end. Every now and then, though, you have to drop your marbles and dive into the ocean after them." ~Guindyloo

"Motivation is fleeting and unpredictable. Do not wait for it. Instead, cultivate discipline. Discipline will see you through the times when flighty motivation has left you." ~CashWiley

"You can be the Head of the Papal Guard! SpacePope! Defended by the Mightiest Boot in the Universe!" ~Reaperbryan

See, this is why you're my favourite.

#1284 Sylverthorne

Sylverthorne

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted Today, 12:04 PM

Gaming today!
.. seems brat can't make it. I have a torn about this. :/
  • LittleBluberry and Xherman1964 like this

khanbadge.jpg

#1285 pcktlnt

pcktlnt

I'd like to buy a vowel.

• House Figmentius
  • 5846 posts

Posted Today, 12:08 PM

Use staples, too.  If you figure out something that works, use it everywhere you can.  This is why many of my figures have rich, red-brown leather.  I hit on that with Coat D'Arms Rat Brown, that's now my staple for rich, dark leather.  Barbarian Leather works the same way for light/worn leather.  Between the two, that's pretty much all the leather for every single figure I have to paint without having to fuss, worry, or think.  If that saves even a mere 6 minutes per figure, after 100 figures I've saved ten hours.  Since many colours can be used more or less the same way, once you figure out what they play best with to make shade and highlight from them, each staple is additive.

Let's say an average figure has 6 different painted bits.  If I can use 6 staples, and each saves 6 minutes, I'm now saving 36 minutes per figure.  After 100 figures, I've saved 3600 minutes - or SIXTY HOURS of paint time. 

And that's how you paint fast. 

(in reality, the savings is much greater - thinktime eats lots of time)

With buglips giving advice along side froggy, paints were not the first object to come to mind. I thought, staples? How is it that they are using tiny metallic items in miniatures? Why are they attempting to connect them together. Then reading on with buglips's advice of maintaining a "rich, red-brown leather"...I was like why are you stabbing yourself and painting with blood. Also, didn't know goblins bled red nor frogs. 

• Erifnogard, OneBoot, Xherman1964 and 1 other like this

Goal of 2016: 7 / 200 (Third time is the charm!)

Goal of 2015: 36 / 200 attempt number 2 - failed and far worse.

Goal of 2014: 52 / 200 I has failed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Randomness, XI, Rampant, Randomly, Rampaging

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Lord of the Dish Pit