Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nakos

12 Days of Reaper/Holiday Promotion Discussion Thread

400 posts in this topic

Is it possible at all to just purchase the models themselves, cause I don't know about anyone else, but $40 each order is WAAAAAAAY to steep for me to be able to partake in all the goodness, despite the desire to.  My budget simply cannot handle it. 

I'd be willing to pay a little more being these are special editions... but yeah.. my budget.. 

2 people like this

Yeah, happens every year.  There's at least a half dozen there I''d really like to have, but I know the budget will allow only one order at $40. :(

Decisions....decisions... :)

Edited by Chris Palmer
4 people like this

There are SO many awesome minis this year!! Definitely that wrapping dragon needs to come join the dragon hoard I got last year. Hard choices will have to be made if I can arrange a second order... :wub:

4 people like this

yeah.. the paint set is going to make $40 orders easy for at least two days.. gah.. all the awesome new freebies

2 people like this

Is there anywhere to see bigger pictures of the 12 days of Reaper figures, particularly the greens?

3 people like this

I am liking the paint set, but budget and the wife say no. I really can not use any of that paint anyways. Just the completist in me who want every shade of paint Reaper makes..LOL.

5 people like this

In a weird way, this year actually works out well for me.  There's nothing inherently wrong with any of the promo minis, I'm just not particularly floored by any of them.  The Mocking Beast and the Treant are the most likely candidates for me, but I'm not terribly worked up.  Don't get me wrong, the minis are all fine, just not my particular cup 'o tea so to speak.

4 people like this

some of those look cute - 

father Christmas 

Goblin Carolers 

both dragonettes 

tinker gnome..

but this year I am going gruesome instead of cute, and my holiday budget for minis has vanished into an expensive  KS. 

If I had budget left this would be a hard choice. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
5 people like this

Well, I guess that means we won't be seeing Ginger Cookie as a freebie in the boxes is year. ::): It's one of my favorite promo colors; useful in lots of contexts.

So, paint set, and Nick the rogue puts me in easy shooting distance of one order. ::(:

I blew out last year and got four orders assembled, but I don't think I can do that this time.

I really like the carolers and the wrapping dragon...

5 people like this

This is maybe too much of an amazing selection this year!

My mini-painting friends here at home are telling me I should ask Reaper if I can just get two of all the new 12-days-of minis if I order a resin Ma'al. That would almost make resin Ma'al tempting...

Seriously, I see a whole bunch of new stuff I want and I have nowhere near enough money to get them all. I think I count 8? So $320 worth?

The goblin carolers are my top pick for sure, because they'll actually get used, and I think the wrapping dragon is #2 on the list--but they're all pretty neat.

The treant looks like it's some sort of Dr. Seuss villain. Which kind of makes me want it more...

5 people like this

The Yule Treant, Tinker, and Christmas Mockingbeast are fantastic.  I definitely can't afford three orders this year, so I hope they'll come back around as add-ons or such next year.

I should ask Reaper if I can just get two of all the new 12-days-of minis if I order a resin Ma'al.

Resin Ma'al was only available during the Black Friday Promotion which ran from 11/25-28. It is no longer for sale.
2 people like this

I should ask Reaper if I can just get two of all the new 12-days-of minis if I order a resin Ma'al.

Resin Ma'al was only available during the Black Friday Promotion which ran from 11/25-28. It is no longer for sale.

Oh, okay. That... wasn't a serious question, but since I didn't know what was going on with the dragon, thank you for the information!

But I'm curious, so I'll bite on the obvious followup question--where did the $699 regular price come from if the kit wasn't intended to be sold outside of Reapercon and the Black Friday deal, which both had it at around $500? Did you just sell out?

Edit: I see, retail stores in 2017. Nevermind!

Edited by terminalmancer
2 people like this

So it looks like Father Christmas and Santa's Helpers are in the Preview Gallery. Does that mean they will also be for sale, or just part of the 12 Days promo?