• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dks
      Here is the latest of my Pathfinder figures that I painted: Barzillai Thrune (#60205). 
      I sculpted this figure last year and he was newly available at ReaperCon 2017.  If you go to ReaperCon this year, you can see this figure in person.
      As with Octavio Sabinus (link to my Show-Off thread), Barzillai also appears in the Pathfinder Adventure Path "Hell's Rebels" as a major NPC: link to cover image of #97. (Wayne Reynolds painted the cover art.  The armor makes me think of a shark.)
      Barzillai is the new lord-mayor in Kintargo, and his notions of law and order are going to provoke a lot of resentment, especially from the PCs!
      I wanted the base to evoke a city under siege, so I sculpted the stone rubble out of Aves Apoxie Sculpt, and stuck some toothpicks in as stakes.

Enjoy!

Derek
    • By Dan d'Lyon
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimandperilous/main-gauche-a-zweihander-grim-and-perilous-rpg-sup/description

I know there are plenty of RPG players on the board, and Zweihander just won ENnies for Best Game and Product of the Year at Gen Con.  I missed the first campaign, but strongly considering jumping in on this one.
    • By Darcstaar
      OK everyone.
      As promised, I want to jump into the Pathfinder 2nd edition playtest.
      I can't pass up on a free "Superdungeon."
      I want 4 players.  For the sake of the Playtest, let's not duplicate races or classes.
      The rulebook is available for free download at www.paizo.com.
      I hope to update pretty frequently.
      Attributes are not rolled!

For the Module, you have to pick a Background from the following list.
      Budding Osirionologist: The secrets buried in the seemingly endless sands of the nation of Osirion have long intrigued you, even though you've never actually visited the nation.  Some day, you hope to correct that.
        Choose two ability boosts. One must be Dexterity or Intelligence, and one is a free ability boost.
        You gain the Terrain Stalker (Rubble) Feat, and you're trained in the Ancient Osirion Lore skill.

Esoteric Scion: One of your family members belongs to a semisecret society called the Esoteric Order of the Palatine Eye.  You've long held an interest in perhaps some day joining the order and have studied the strange topics in preparation for that day.
         Choose two ability boosts. One must be Intelligence or Wisdom, and one is a free ability boost.
         You gain the Quick Identification Feat, and you're trained in the Esoteric Order Lore skill.

Family Friend: Your family has been friends with the Deverins of Magnimar for a generation, and you've grown accustomed to hobnobbing with the aristocracy even if you have little or no interest in such matters.
         Choose two ability boosts.  One must be Charisma or Intelligence, and one is a free ability boost.
         You gain the Hobnobber Feat, and you're trained in the Nobility Lore skill

Goblin Renegade: You had been working with a gang of goblin burglars, but that new leader was not good.  It took a lot of guts to stand up to him, but you survived!  Now you're stuck with the longshanks, but maybe you can get back at the old boss.
         Choose two ability boosts.  One must be Dexterity or Charisma, and one is a free ability boost.
         You gain the Quick Repair feat, and you're trained in the Criminal Lore skill.

Mind Quake Survivor: As a child, you once woke from a particularly harrowing nightmare, and this nightmare has plagued you ever since.  You've had strange thoughts and knowledge that you always felt wren't truly your own.
         Choose two ability boosts.  One must be to Constitution or Wisdom, and one is a free ability boost.
         You gain the Dubious Knowledge feat, and you're trained in the Dominion of the Black Lore skill..

Pathfinder Hopeful: You've long wanted to join the adventurous Pathfinder Society, a world-spanning organization of relic hunters.  This aspiration has led you to take up the dangerous life of an adventurer eager to make a name for  yourself and gain the attention of the Pathfinder Society.
          Choose two ability boosts.  One must be to Strength or Intelligence, and one is a free ability boost.
          You gain the Additional Lore feat, and you're trained in the Pathfinder Society Lore skill.
    • By TheAuldGrump
      I now have an idea of what I want for the campaign - warring Seasonal Lords - with Spring and Autumn remaining neutral.

One idea is to build in some forks via the encounter tables - with one result on the standard encounter table being a Unique Encounter - which happens once - but sets up the next Unique Encounter, so that a given series of Unique Events occurs sequentially..

Seasons are tied to the elements - Spring = Water; Summer = Fire; Autumn = Earth; Winter = Air.

The area has no churches, and no clerics - but does have witches and druids. If a PC is a cleric then he or she is 'from away' - and is never entirely trusted.

I think that I may have the campaign traits tied to plot secrets.

Anyway - ideas?

The start of one song from the background -
      Iron axe and iron blade,
      Each shall slay a faerie babe.
      With each an aelphling child must die,
      Hush, my baby, don't you cry....

That the mere presence of mankind, dwarfkind, and others is killing the fey - and that those races view it as a good thing.

One inspiration - for me, but not to be included with the adventure is Joseph Rodman Drake's The Culprit Fay (1819)
      (Spoilered, because long 19th Century poem that may not interest anybody else)

• Who's Online   17 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)