Darcstaar

The Godsmouth Heresy

Ma'alik opens a vicious gash into the cruel monstrosity. He fails to recall any information about the "thing."

Reaver then steps forward and with a well placed claw threads the needle between his ally, the wall, and doorway, and strikes true, sending the monster to its long-overdue eternal rest.

• Like 1

(assuming we are no longer in combat)

Ma'Alik sends a silent prayer to the Dawnflower for her aid in rooting out evil (Detect Evil) and surveys the room and the corpse of the creature.  He remains on guard in case there is another danger that they missed in the brief time between the opening of the door and the creatures attack.

"Janalyth, are you badly hurt?" he inquires.

"I don't know. I do not think so...it's bite though, be careful, I think it has a kind of poison, and even dead that may be a risk...it was like a drug, a sudden wave of pleasant feelings, but the body rebelled..but that is easing now. give me a moment, and then we can search it's room. See if there is something to be learned"

Sillilial will step into the roomsending his hawk in first. He looks at the dead monster and looks at Reaver "there you got to kill a bad guy, happy" Reaver nods and falls into place besides Sillilial. Sillilial will help however he can, but for the time being will attempt to figure out what the monster is using arcane knowledge check.

Roll:

9(2+7)

Sillilial is not able to figure out any additional information about the creature with that skill.

Ma'alik doesn't detect any evil left over in this room.  As he searches the body, he notes it has some old but still valuable looking jewelry on it.

Also, after rifling around the room, Ma'alik and Sillilial find an elixir and a potion in one of the cupboards.

"Everyone okay?"  Sturgis, asks, after seeing the creature rend into one of his companions.  He is staring at the creature trying to think of if he knows anything about it or what it is. 

If either Religion or History help here:  1d20+6 either way:  15+6

DM Rolls:  20 and 19

Crunchy stuff:

Sturgis Rochar
NG Human Cleric 1 (of Sarenrae)
XP:  100

Str 15
Dex 6
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 16
Cha 15
Saves:
Fort +3
Ref -2
Will +5

HP: 10
Init: +0
AC: 15 (-2 Dex, +5 Armor, +2 Shield), Touch 8, FF 15.

Trained Skills:
Diplomacy +6 (1 rank, +3 class, +2 Cha)
Heal +7 (1 rank, +3 Class, +3 Wis)
Knowledge: History +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)
Knowledge; Religion +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)
Sense Motive +7 (1 rank, +3 Class, +3 Wis)
Spellcraft +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)

Languages: Common, Celestial, Goblin, Orc, Elven

Feats: Cosmopolitan, Selective Channel

Traits: Reactionary and Sacred Touch.

Favored Class: Cleric
Class Abilities: Spellcasting, Orisons,
Channel DC 12, 5/day. 1d6 Healing/Damage

Domains: Fire and Healing.
Domain Powers:
Fire:  
Granted Powers: Fire Bolt (Sp): As a standard action, you can unleash a scorching bolt of  divine fire from your outstretched hand. You can target any single foe within 30 feet as a
ranged touch attack with this bolt of fire. If you hit the foe, the fire bolt deals 1d6 points of fire damage + 1 point for every two cleric levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. Used:  1/6

Healing:   Rebuke Death (Sp): You can touch a living creature as a standard action, healing it or 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two cleric levels you possess. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. used 0/6

Equipment (total weight 95 pounds, medium load)
Weapons: Dagger, Heavy Mace, Scimitar.
Armor: Scale Mail, Heavy Wooden Shield

Other Gear:
Backpack, Bedroll
Waterskin
2 Traveler's outfits
50' Silk Rope
Grappling Hook
Wooden Holy symbol.

Expendables:
One vial of holy water
3 sunrods
6 Days trail rations

2 GP.

Prepared Spells Crunch:

Level 0 (3 prepared):  Light, Read Magic, Detect Magic
1-  (2 prepared): Comprehend Languages, Shield of Faith
Lv 1 Domain:  Burning Hands

Sturgis looks around "This is a room dedicated to the sin of lust!"

Everyone gives him a look like "yeah, we kind of figured."

This creature requires Knowledge(dungeoneering).

Janalyth recalls this is a sinspawn. This particular one is a lustspawn. What do you want to know, you'll get 1 piece of info.

(wouldn't mind knowing why I suck at math so much 9+7 is 16 not 15, but I don't think my grasp of lore will tell me that much. how about a guess as to how long they live?)

They normally live 50-100 years. This one should have been long dead, so something must have been keeping it alive somehow through the aeons.

After he recovered and had better control over his mind and body he moved over to look at the corpse. "sinspawn... I can't recall much about them, but I don't think they live much longer than a halfling or human, and should have died long ago, unless something or someone was either keeping it alive, or breeding such I suppose. I don't know if they do breed. Thassalonian lore is getting into ancient history, even by my peoples standards"

Sillilial looks down at the grotesque body and mutter "well I assume whoever's pet this was will be mad at us for killing it." He then motions to Reaver who begins dismembering the sin spawn. "If something was keeping this thing alive I don't want it getting back up again."

Sturgis will recall through his grasp of history that the sinspawn were created by Thassilonian leaders as shock troops.

Reaver succeeds in dismantling the corpse beyond recognition.

-ooc- sorry bout the unessacary dismemberment sillilial is kinda paranoid. -ooc- Sillilial will pick up the two potions and attempt to id them with spellcraft check

First potion

Roll: (11+7)=18

Potion number 2

Roll:(12+7)=19

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now