The Godsmouth Heresy

The door to the next room is unlocked and seems un trapped.

The scene depicted on this room's walls are of lavish feasts and parties. A painting of a morbidly obese ruler sitting on a lavish throne adorns the far wall. A similar but plain chair sits in a well preserved state alone the center of that wall. Standing in front of that chair, waiting for untold millennia, is a hideous sight. A bloated, obese zombie gazes at you. It's skin seems barely able to contain its bulk, having stretched taut and smooth and thin. You wonder how it's legs have managed to support the weight of its torso all this time.

(OOC you can give me knowledge History and/or religion for the background of the room.

A separate knowledge religion for the zombie

And Janalyth can give me an initiative roll for the group.)

• Like 1

"I did pay attention, Silli, and, by the gods, this is disgusting."

Knowledge:  Religion 1d20+6:  13+6 = 19

Knowledge:  History also 1d20+6:  18+6= 24

DM rolls: 18 and 11

Crunchy stuff:

Sturgis Rochar
NG Human Cleric 1 (of Sarenrae)
XP:  100

Str 15
Dex 6
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 16
Cha 15
Fort +3
Ref -2
Will +5

HP: 10
Init: +0
AC: 15 (-2 Dex, +5 Armor, +2 Shield), Touch 8, FF 15.

Trained Skills:
Diplomacy +6 (1 rank, +3 class, +2 Cha)
Heal +7 (1 rank, +3 Class, +3 Wis)
Knowledge: History +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)
Knowledge; Religion +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)
Sense Motive +7 (1 rank, +3 Class, +3 Wis)
Spellcraft +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)

Languages: Common, Celestial, Goblin, Orc, Elven

Feats: Cosmopolitan, Selective Channel

Traits: Reactionary and Sacred Touch.

Favored Class: Cleric
Class Abilities: Spellcasting, Orisons,
Channel DC 12, 5/day. 1d6 Healing/Damage

Domains: Fire and Healing.
Domain Powers:
Granted Powers: Fire Bolt (Sp): As a standard action, you can unleash a scorching bolt of  divine fire from your outstretched hand. You can target any single foe within 30 feet as a
ranged touch attack with this bolt of fire. If you hit the foe, the fire bolt deals 1d6 points of fire damage + 1 point for every two cleric levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. Used:  1/6

Healing:   Rebuke Death (Sp): You can touch a living creature as a standard action, healing it or 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two cleric levels you possess. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. used 0/6

Equipment (total weight 95 pounds, medium load)
Weapons: Dagger, Heavy Mace, Scimitar.
Armor: Scale Mail, Heavy Wooden Shield

Other Gear:
Backpack, Bedroll
2 Traveler's outfits
50' Silk Rope
Grappling Hook
Wooden Holy symbol.

One vial of holy water
3 sunrods
6 Days trail rations

2 GP.

Prepared Spells Crunch:

Level 0 (3 prepared):  Light, Read Magic, Detect Magic
1-  (2 prepared): Comprehend Languages, Shield of Faith
Lv 1 Domain:  Burning Hands

Edited by Darkmeer

Sturgis determines This room was devoted to Gluttony.

That zombie is a gasburst zombie. It's vulnerable to piercing not slashing, and explodes into a poison cloud when destroyed.

"Don't kill it... at least not up close!"  Sturgis says, his voice raised not quite to a yell.  "The thing explodes with dangerous poison when it's slain."

Does Sturgis know how far large the poison death burst is?

10 ft cube. The zombie is getting ready to come and eat your brains, what else?

Just waiting on one more initiative I think before I roll for the zombie.

Or, I guess all your initiatives...

Sorry, I had focused on the knowledge rolls earlier. Go ahead and give me that initiative roll for Janalyth.

Lol, Zombie gets 18.

The zombie lurches forward, now just inside the doorway. It seems to whisper "fresh brains" as it shambles.

Since zombies are staggered, all he can do is move.

Janalyth is up.