The Godsmouth Heresy

For the second round, Sturgis' attempts to cleanse the poison don't help, and Ma'alik takes 1 point of Charisma Damage.

OOC - unlike drain, rest can recover ability damage.

"well hello there. I don't think our shambling friend needs you any more" He said as he picked up the gems, making no attempt to hide them from the others 

Sillilial looks at the stones "My priest at the chapel always told me black is evil, I don't trust those gems, you should be careful jayelief" -ooc- yes I know that's not how you spell it, that is sillilial pronunciation -ooc-

Sturgis will continue to try to flush what little he can from Ma'alik's body. 

Heal:  1d20+7= 9+7= 16.

Also, he'll take note of the gems and see if they hold any religious significance.

Knowledge: Religion  1d20+6= 17+6= 23. 

DM rolls:  16 and 11.  Well, the dice roller seems to like me more now.  Give it a day or two.

"While such relationships vary amongst different faiths to those who follow the Eternal Rose, black does not have quite the same significance. It can be associated with evil, so can red, and yet we have followers of the Dawnflower here who know red to be one of the shades of the dawn, and far from.  I've learned that not all that is darkness is evil, nor is all that is bright good. All colours are scared to Shelyn, and can reflect her beauty. I used to know a young painter who for a period of several years used nothing but brown pigments as she sought to see the shape of the world beyond the sense of colour."

Ok, Ma'alik gets a +4 on the next save.

Anyone else doing anything, or are we just going to wait out the poison?

The gems are useful for the creation of undead.

They still hold value for jewelry, though.

"that makes the most sense" He said with a nod. This time drawing his sword before approaching the next door, and giving it a look over for traps, and a listen for any sounds of movement on the other side.

(taking 10 so 18 on traps, 17 on perception/listen  dm rolls 9 and 10)

Janalyth inspects the next door.  No lock, no traps.  There are no sounds coming from the room beyond.

Ma'alik then takes up position to open the door.

He pushes the door open with his shield... and then...

He sees the following room:

"Brightly painted carvings along the walls of this room vividly depict mighty dragons in flight over shining cities, while below, winged angels kneel and serve human masters.  Peacock-feather motifs dominate throughout the chamber, and a faint, pleasant perfume drifts through the air.  Several humans lie supine atop biers draped in rich cloth-if they are dead, the bodies are perfectly preserved and have the appearance of relaxed sleepers, showing no signs of corruption or decay."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      Ready-to-play PCs and NPCs for Pathfinder RPG, featuring 11 Core, 9 Base, 3 Alternate, and 10 Hybrid classes, and up to 80 Archetypes.
    • By Thrym
      It's been a while, so time to start up a group of gamers again.
      I will be starting a Game Session ... once a month for 4, 6 or more hours at a session starting the week of my birth ... March's fourth week somewhere between the 19th and the 25th.  So this is an open invitation to any within driving range of Seneca Falls/Waterloo, NY area who are interested in participating in a month-to-month campaign. 

This will be a Roleplaying Game with emphasis on the story and roleplaying. Naturally there will be some fighting, adventuring, exploring, thieving, and the like depending on the system chosen. I have two systems that I would like to run .. the first is one I have been sitting on for sometime and features a much more reasonable method of gaming than any system I've played and the second I have just acquired that is also a new style of system for me.

Regardless of your rolls, the story moves forward ... it just might be more complicated than it was a moment before. Fantasy setting with D&D like characters.

Based on the comic/graphic novels of the same name. You are mice. Yup, standard size, like in the cover image of the book. But you are one of the Mouse Guard and sworn to protect Lockhaven and the Mouse Territories. The game uses a success dice (d6) system from Burning Wheel.
      So, if you are interested in joining this gaming adventure, reply or message me to get an invite to the Facebook Group.
    • By ChaoticBlues
      It is time to set a course for adventure in your 5th Edition and Pathfinder RPG games with a spectacular set of pirate plunder and aquatic adventure on the seven seas and exotic ports of call with the Pirate Campaign Compendium from Legendary Games! 
      Whether you want to run interludes across the ocean or along the coastal plain or to undertake a full-on nautical campaign, from pure aquatic fantasy to historical high seas adventure, from sea serpents to booming broadsides, you'll find a wealth of amazing accessories in the Pirate Campaign Compendium! The base version of the book comprises a compilation of Legendary Games' full line of Pirate-Plug-Ins for Pathfinder and 5E.
      You'll find FIVE complete adventures ranging from 4th level to 14th level, including the smuggling run gone wrong in Spices and Flesh, the mad captain's hidden harbor in Tarin's Crown, the fast-paced high-seas heist of Raid on the Emperor's Hand, the seething rage of an ancient mystic secret of the seas in Scourge of the Steaming Isle, and an all-out assault on the stronghold of the pirate king in Fort Scurvy!  Dozens of maritime magical items in Treasury of the Fleet, including personal items like the hurricane harpoon and sea lord's tricorne as well as magic items for your ship. A selection of sinister sea monsters in an ever-growing bestiary of the briny blue!  A Pirate Codex of 30 nautical stock NPCs from 1st to 16th level, ready to drop into any encounter at a moment's notice. A pair of fully developed ship crews to use as allies or adversaries in Cutthroats and Crew. Eight richly detailed and ready-to-play pregenerated PCs in Nautical Heroes, each with detailed histories and backgrounds and advancement notes, perfect as followers, rivals, or even replacement PCs!  That's already over 200 pages of piratical delights for you, but that's just the beginning! With stretch goals, we'll be adding new nautical class options like aquatic archetypes, feats, and spells, more monsters, and even more surprises as we collect stretch goals along the way, where you get to help decide what goes in the final book! With your support, this book easily could pass 300 pages and beyond!
      Plus, we'll have a Pirates and Plunder chapter where YOU have the chance to bring a whole pirate world to life with characters and pirate captains and crews of your own, even designing a personal pirate flag, figurehead, or even a treasure map!
       Click here to download Chapter Ten Sample Pages: PCC 10p3 and PCC 10p9
      Click here to download Chapter Seven Sample Pages: PCC 7p14
    • By Darcstaar
      I finally finished by Giant Rats Dozen from Bones I.
      I tried to give them fur texture.  The texture from the cast was too light for drybrushing, so it's essentially free hand.
      The gray rats have some red and green glazed into the shadows to give them a little diseased feel.
      I spent WAY too much time painting these...
      Mold lines on the actual rat (as opposed to the base) were too tricky to try to get rid of, especially in light of the subject matter.  They’re rats.  A lot of them.

C&C Welcome.
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)