Darcstaar

The Godsmouth Heresy

285 posts in this topic

You fill Sillilial and Reaver in as to the findings of the room, and head to the next room.

Are we still doing Janalyth checking for traps, perception check (listen), disarming/unlocking as needed, then moving aside to let Ma'alik open the door?

1 person likes this

The door to the south is next.

Janalyth finds no trap or lock, but the stout wooden door seems to be barred from the inside.

IMG_4370.PNG

"that is one option. We do still have the magic to open it without force as well"

"While true, if our enemies found this place, would they not have already forced the door if there were something of value?  Why lock it behind you if there were nothing left?"  Sturgis asks.  "If this is our path, and if the chime does not work, do we know if the charge is lost?" 

"We should use the Chime only if there is no other way.  I suggest we let Reaver knock it down."

"I do have a crowbar if that helps."

"I agree, let us save the chime then. There is no telling where else we might need it further ahead."

Sturgis sighs, and agrees with the others.  "If there is room, Shall we all help as we may?" 

One additional person can "aid another" on the STR check to break the door.  Aid another is D.C. 10 to give a +2 to Reaver's roll.  Anyone have a crowbar?

12 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

"We should use the Chime only if there is no other way.  I suggest we let Reaver knock it down."

"I do have a crowbar if that helps."

Yep.

Lol, sorry I missed that.

Does Reaver have functioning hands to use it?  Or just claw tipped manglers?

If he can't use it, the Aid Another person can to get a +2 on the Aid roll, or some other strong character can be the primary opener with the crow bar and someone else can try to aid another.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gargs
      Kobolds!  Who doesn't love the cute little guys?

So these guys were a really quick paint job for my ongoing Pathfinder campaign, and I know what you're thinking.  "Gargs, that sorceror is purple!" True, he is, but that's he is described in the module.  :)

Anyway, for a quick paint job at my relatively newbie level, I'm actually pretty happy with these guys.  In retrospect, I probably should have chosen a different color for the shirt on the sorceror, but honestly, wasn't sure what would contrast well with his dark skin.  Any thoughts for future reference?

Eventually, I may go back and add some OSL to the sorceror as well, but trying to tackle two different flame effects was definitely a bit intimidating to me and I wanted to get them done in time for game day.  Biggest fear I had was trying to figure out the color of the OSL effect given that the flames are made up of multiple colors themselves.

Anyway, as always any comments, critiques, advice, etc. are always appreciated!  Thanks for looking!
    • By Gargs

Next up in my painting journey for my current Pathfinder game.  The Stag Lord, a.k.a. the first Big Bad that the party will encounter (likely at the next session, so I may need to speed up the painting process near the end to get him done).  This is also proving to be my first "Moby Dick" mini, or perhaps "Murphy's Law" if you prefer.  When I first opened him up, I learned that he was missing his bow arm.  While it's certainly plausible he'll lose that arm when he encounters the PCs, it seemed a bit premature to me.  :)  Fortunately, Reaper Customer Service is awesome and even though it was months after I had placed the order, they still replaced the entire mini for free, which is doubly awesome since as a newbie painter I don't have a lot of random extra bits lying about for basing materials, conversions, etc., so getting a full package was pretty sweet (even though I'd have been thrilled with just the one missing piece).

Next thing I noticed as I assembled this guy was that he required a lot of gap filling.  The helm was a rather loose fit and the cloak didn't really line up in back either.  Ironically, this actually didn't bother me much since i saw it as a chance to practice my gap filling which I have not had to do too much of to date.  So with that out of the way, I set about priming and getting the base coat on the skin done.

Can't really see it here, but I then noticed a weird issue on the skin.  For some reason, the paint on his skin began to crack.  This is puzzling to me as I am not sure what could be causing it.  I had used the same bottle of paint very recently (like less than a week ago) with no problems.  Any thoughts on what could have caused it?  I've gone over it with another coat and will see how it holds up, but hopefully he won't need a Simple Green Bath.  That said, I'm open to suggestions here.  

The initial plan from here is to go with kind of a dirty bone look on the helm, gray for the cloak, and Coal Black for the armor pieces.  Haven't quite decided what to do with the leggings yet, but I'm thinking possibly a darker brown, but I am very much open to suggestions as I freely acknowledge I only have a basic grasp (if that) of color theory.  

Anyway, thanks for looking and please feel free to provide C&C as I go.  I am always looking for pointers, tips, etc. as I continue to slowly improve to a somewhat passable state.  :)  Ultimately I will be aiming for Table Top quality which I don't think I will have too much trouble achieving (well my version of TT anyway).  
    • By 3xoterricDesigns
      Hi nerds, this is my first Kickstarter. Gotta take care of my gamer nerds yeah? There's inserts for minis, favorite dice, and dice jail. The slots are specifically sized to handle Magic cards with sleeves too.
      What do you think? I need all the sharing I can get folks.

Kickstarter link
      Twitter: @3xoterricDesigns

• By hdclearman
      This has been sitting on the self of shame for a while.  Decided to pull it down and use it to test a color scheme that I want to use for a different model.

Looking or feedback.  I wanted a somewhat traditional look, but switched up some tans where I normally see whites or blacks.

• By dks
      "Hell's Vengeance" is a recent Pathfinder Adventure Path, in which the player characters are evil.  This is the first evil-PC Adventure Path that Paizo has produced.
      One of the friendly non-player characters (NPCs) is a young woman named Cimri Staelish -- a troublemaker in the little town where the adventure begins.  She is supposed to adventure alongside the PCs for a while, and let the GM advise the players on how to be evil, if they don't abandon their usual heroic inclinations fast enough.

I am running this Adventure Path for some of my friends, so I decided to convert a miniature to represent Cimri. 
      She uses a kukri, wears leather armor, and has a bobbed haircut.  Adventure Path #103 has color artwork for her.
      The Warlord miniature Saramonde (14299), of the Crusaders faction, came to mind as a base figure for a minor conversion: link to Saramonde in Reaper gallery
      ... so I chopped the sword and scabbard, mashed the sword with flat pliers into a wider blade and carved it into a kukri shape, and sculpted longer hair with Green Stuff. 
      I attached her to a round base and sculpted some dirt and rocks.

Here's how the conversion looks.
      She appeared in the first 3 sessions of the game like this, unpainted.

Last week, I started painting.  I used brush-on primer and then spent about 2 hours painting almost everything with rough colors:

The next day, I painted for another 2 hours, giving higher highlights, sharper lining, and smoother transitions. 
      She is ready for the Forum, and ready for her first full-color appearance in the game next weekend.

Enjoy,
      Derek

• Who's Online   52 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)