Darcstaar

The Godsmouth Heresy

377 posts in this topic

Surrounded, confused, prone, the Tengu throws down his weapon and pleads for its life.

In a screechy common voice it speaks "Please, no kill, no kill!"

Sturgis is up, what are you going to do?

Sturgis will attempt to provide mercy to the one who attempted to slaughter us.

"You tried to kill us, what mercy shall we grant that you would have granted us?  Sarenrae grants the flame to such as you, but I she also grants mercy.  What mercy have you earned?"  (This is an attempt at a full surrender he doesn't trust this tengu at all). 

Diplomacy 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22

Sense motive on the Tengu for a feint:  1d20+7:  6+7= 13

He's also watching for a possible hidden weapon as he goes (perception roll if you would like please). 

Extra rolls: 13, 8

Crunch

Sturgis Rochar
NG Human Cleric 1 (of Sarenrae)
XP:  100

Str 15
Dex 6
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 16
Cha 15
Saves:
Fort +3
Ref -2
Will +5

HP: 10
Init: +0
AC: 15 (-2 Dex, +5 Armor, +2 Shield), Touch 8, FF 15.

Trained Skills:
Diplomacy +6 (1 rank, +3 class, +2 Cha)
Heal +7 (1 rank, +3 Class, +3 Wis)
Knowledge: History +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)
Knowledge; Religion +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)
Sense Motive +7 (1 rank, +3 Class, +3 Wis)
Spellcraft +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)

Languages: Common, Celestial, Goblin, Orc, Elven

Feats: Cosmopolitan, Selective Channel

Traits: Reactionary and Sacred Touch.

Favored Class: Cleric
Class Abilities: Spellcasting, Orisons,
Channel DC 12, 5/day. 1d6 Healing/Damage

Domains: Fire and Healing.
Domain Powers:
Fire:  
Granted Powers: Fire Bolt (Sp): As a standard action, you can unleash a scorching bolt of  divine fire from your outstretched hand. You can target any single foe within 30 feet as a
ranged touch attack with this bolt of fire. If you hit the foe, the fire bolt deals 1d6 points of fire damage + 1 point for every two cleric levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. Used:  1/6

Healing:   Rebuke Death (Sp): You can touch a living creature as a standard action, healing it or 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two cleric levels you possess. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. used 1/6

Equipment (total weight 95 pounds, medium load)
Weapons: Dagger, Heavy Mace, Scimitar.
Armor: Scale Mail, Heavy Wooden Shield

Other Gear:
Backpack, Bedroll
Waterskin
2 Traveler's outfits
50' Silk Rope
Grappling Hook
Wooden Holy symbol.

Expendables:
One vial of holy water
3 sunrods
6 Days trail rations

2 GP.
Spells:
Shield of faith was used, strikethrough text was not carried over for some reason.

Level 0 (3 prepared):  Light, Read Magic, Detect Magic
1-  (2 prepared): Comprehend Languages, Shield of Faith
Lv 1 Domain:  Burning Hands

"Please!  We were stalked by that abomination with the nice body and butter-face.  We hid in here after she killed our companion.  We argued what to do, which is why we tied up the hellspawn.  When we heard all the commotion, we feared she was coming.  When the doors burst open, we thought she had finally come for us.  Once the fighting began, the mistake set this fight into motion.  Please, let me go and I'll make my way out the tunnel we dug to get in.  I have no more desire to loot this place."

He seems sincere and doesn't make any weird gestures or moves for concealed weapons.

"tunnel, good to know there is another escape option, if the church's problem solving gets a little uglier than we where led to expect"

"While it largely speaks the truth, it has forgotten to mention that they waylaid me, a member of their own party. Such perfidy must be repaid. Still, your companion has paid in spades. Leave your items, and I shall consider the matter over."

Bowing, he drops his dagger, sap, short bow, 5 arrows, and pack.  Following your instructions didn't mention his coins, which he keeps.

"Heh, clever creature. I suppose that I could argue that coins are items but I won't. As far as I'm concerned you are free to seek your fortune elsewhere."

Sturgis frowns at the situation before him, but he understands.  "Well, let's get our introductions taken care of, "hellspawn."  You don't seem to care much for your former companions, and we have work that must be done.  Betrayal seems to be your luck.  I do not wish to deal with that while in this horrible place, although there is safety in numbers..." 

Sturgis is looking to the others, I am trying to open up for the new PC.

"Yes, it would appear that you are correct about that. My name is Greyson. Like my former companions, I entered this "horrible place" in search of treasure, which I freely admit. However, I am also a seeker of secrets, which are often found in places like this. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am a wizard by trade. Evocation magic is my specialty. I thank you all for the timely interference. If you are in need of an arcanist, perhaps I would be a good fit for your little group?"

1 person likes this

"your companions seemed more than a little on edge about things down here, if we do find ourselves facing unpleasant dangers, evocation magic would not be something I would say no to. You may call me Janalyth"

1 person likes this

Sturgis looks to Ma'alik to see his reaction.  Although Janalyth's acceptance makes him a bit more at ease.

Ma'alik appraises the hellborn with his gift from the Dawnflower (detect evil).  He is well aware of the fact that appearances can be deceiving as his own people were often assumed to be evil.

"Welcome to our merry band.  As long as you stand by us, I will stand by you."

He then fills Greyson in on the party's purpose and adventures thus far.

"A necromancer most likely. Still, we will see what we shall see. Lead on merry fellows."

Sturgis, smiling after Ma'alik's appraisal, limps along in his usual, semi-rear spot, introducing himself "I'm Sturgis, the one who is trying to keep everyone alive around here.  Hopefully, we won't have to test that...  too much, especially if it truly is a necromancer."  He frowns at the thought given by Greyson.

"We may want to spend some time recovering from our wounds.  I do not know if we can re barricade this door or if it is better to go back to one of the other doors."