Darcstaar

The Godsmouth Heresy

377 posts in this topic

OOC still waiting for votes on next area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We are looking for the cause of the troubles here.  It would make sense that they would like to conceal themself.  I say we check out what is behind the hidden door."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we know now that there is a tunnel out, I would like to explore it and be certain of it before we make the decision to use up the magic that will allow us to leave here without it, but I think it's existence is reason enough to not fully horde the chime either"

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ma'alik, that room dealt with Wrath.  Plying the secrets of Wrath will likely end in injury.  I will follow, but I believe we will find nothing but trouble there." 

 

He looks to Janalyth and Greyson.  "If we need an escape route, it is likely the Tengu used that tunnel.  I agree with you that we should investigate that before heading to the main hall.  What say you, Greyson?"

 

If we end up in the "Wrath" room first, Sturgis will take a full defense before they open the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, the tunnel leads out and was safe enough when we came in, although it requires some climbing. I agree a secret door sounds intriguing."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ma'alik pushes the secret door open.  This reveals only a 5 foot wide and long room, with another door to the north.  When you look at the other side of the secret door, it isn't concealed.

 

Janalyth doesn't find any traps on the north door (I rolled).

 

Ma'alik pushes the north door open, and it only creaks softly despite its age.

 

Looking at the south side of the north door, it too is concealed:  so the "secret" sides are the south side of the south door, and the north side of the north side.

 

Give me a perception check, a knowledge(arcana), and then roll initiative.

 

"You enter some sort of Crypt.  There are alcoves in the walls housing ancient remains which have largely succumbed to age and crumbled to dust.  Some grave goods are scattered here and there.  From down the corridor to the right you hear a grating voice doing its best to sound booming..."I sense intruders!  Have you come to rob my master's servants' property?  Finally, after all these years I will prove my worth to my master!"IMG_4687.PNG.2a0cf24d130d9e7cf78bd284c8cb0254.PNGIMG_4689.PNG.dacf28649caac2b022a288d96087b595.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perception: 13+1=14

Knowledge: Religion: 16+5= 21 (in case this is undead and I can get any info about it)

 

Init: this is the game where ShadowRaven rolls for all of us right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perception: 15+6=21

Know (arcana): 16+9=25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, SR rolls party initiative.

 

You both notice a rune on the "secret" side of the north door.  That rune represents the sin of Wrath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowledge:  Religion: 1d20+6 = 16+6 = 22 (figuring out the creature as it appears undead)

 

"We have no quarrel with you, and we are not thieves.  We come seeking to find thieves from elsewhere." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowledge Religion:  skeletal champion.

 

tidbits:  3HD, DR5/Bludgeoning, channel resist +4

 

"If you set foot in this area, which I am charged to protect, you are intruders and must be dealt with in kind.  That is the duty I agreed to uphold all those millennia ago.  I would not pass up the opportunity fulfill my destiny.  Now, let us settle this with honourable combat!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(perception 17 knowledge arcana 9 and init 16)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad guy gets 7 init.

You all get to go first in order of Init bonus.

The enemy is in the square north of the 9b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Everyone BACK AWAY."    Sturgis proclaims quickly.  (hopefully a free/instant type of action.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now