Darcstaar

The Godsmouth Heresy

Sillilial, you complete casting at the very beginning of your turn. The celestial eagle can act immediately, what would you like it to do? It has Darkvision if it is a celestial eagle. It can smite evil too.

I'll have it fly at the creature and do all attacks possible, It gets 2 claws and 1 bite.

Rolls are

Claw 1

13 to hit (10+3) damage 1

Claw 2

22 to hit (19+3) it doesn't say critical range so I'll role for a possible confirm

Confirm critical (14)

(Critical damage 6) norm damage (4)

Bite

To hit 10 (7+3)

Damage (4)

(OOC critical range for natural weapons is 20)

The eagle looks around for prey, spots the enemy, and flies up to attack.

Since it has to move to attack, it can't do full attack. It lashes out with a claw and hits (let you use the 19) for 4 points of damage. It then tries to hover (10+8=18) successfully, so it can engage the enemy next round with all attacks before flying away.

Sillilial then casts Daylight, which dispels the Darkness spell. The area is now bathed in bright light for a 60 foot radius for 10 minutes.

Ma'alik is up.

The squiddy is 10 feet overhead, clutching the wall/ceiling junction. It is in melee with the eagle. Any of you could shoot at it without it having cover, but firing into melee is -4 without precise shot.

Ma'alik takes a few steps forward, so he has a 5 foot gap between he and Janalyth, then readies an attack with his scimitar if the squiddy is within range.

Sturgis is up.

Holding a moment and shouting a prayer to Sarenrae, Sturgis tries to use a Fire Bolt on the horror in front of it.

Fire Bolt:  1d20-2 and -4 for the melee = 15-6= 9 (assuming this is not a hit)

Damage:  1d6:  2.

(leaving potential hit on the Celestial Eagle to the GM)

"I can't get a clear shot at the floating tentacled thing!"

Crunchy stuff:

Sturgis Rochar
NG Human Cleric 1

Str 15
Dex 6
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 16
Cha 15
Saves:
Fort +3
Ref -2
Will +5

HP: 10
Init: +0
AC: 15 (-2 Dex, +5 Armor, +2 Shield), Touch 8, FF 15.

Trained Skills:
Diplomacy +6 (1 rank, +3 class, +2 Cha)
Heal +7 (1 rank, +3 Class, +3 Wis)
Knowledge: History +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)
Knowledge; Religion +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)
Sense Motive +7 (1 rank, +3 Class, +3 Wis)
Spellcraft +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)

Languages: Common, Celestial, Goblin, Orc, Elven

Feats: Cosmopolitan, Selective Channel

Traits: Reactionary and Sacred Touch.

Favored Class: Cleric
Class Abilities: Spellcasting, Orisons,
Channel DC 12, 5/day. 1d6 Healing/Damage

Domains: Fire and Healing.
Domain Powers:
Fire:  
Granted Powers: Fire Bolt (Sp): As a standard action, you can unleash a scorching bolt of  divine fire from your outstretched hand. You can target any single foe within 30 feet as a
ranged touch attack with this bolt of fire. If you hit the foe, the fire bolt deals 1d6 points of fire damage + 1 point for every two cleric levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. Used:  1/6

Healing:   Rebuke Death (Sp): You can touch a living creature as a standard action, healing it or 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two cleric levels you possess. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. used 0/6

Equipment (total weight 95 pounds, medium load)
Weapons: Dagger, Heavy Mace, Scimitar.
Armor: Scale Mail, Heavy Wooden Shield

Other Gear:
Backpack, Bedroll
Waterskin
2 Traveler's outfits
50' Silk Rope
Grappling Hook
Wooden Holy symbol.

Expendables:
One vial of holy water
3 sunrods
6 Days trail rations

2 GP.

Prepared Spells Crunch:

Level 0 (3 prepared):  Light, Read Magic, Detect Magic
1-  (2 prepared): Comprehend Languages, Shield of Faith
Lv 1 Domain:  Burning Hands

Sturgis tries to line up a shot on the dark tentacled stalactite, trying to avoid the eagle. The shot strays wide. (OOC in Pathfinder, misses by ranged attacks into melee don't injure your allies, so fire away...)

The squiddy lashes out with a tentacle, hitting the eagle for 3 damage. It fails to achieve a grab. The eagle is still alive.

Janalyth's turn.

able to see  his target at last, Jan drops his sword, switches his dagger to his main hand and launches it at the squidy beast with expert accuracy 
19=5-4=20(18,16) adjust for range.

4+2=6 dmg

That's a hit and a critical threat.

Roll to confirm.

Also, if you dropped the sword, you still have a move action. No need to swap hands (which is a free action anyway) because if you only make one attack, it is considered primary. But good role playing imagery, thank you!

Sillilial is next.