FANTASTIC! That is a VERY IMPRESSIVE creation AND possibly THE MOST BEAUTIFULLY painted piece I have seen you do. VERY WELL DONE!

AND CONGRATULATIONS on surpassing your goal..."greater is he who conquers himself than he who conquers a city,"

Edited by malefactus

I really like that paint scheme, he looks dry and dusty.

Different from all the others you see.

I also like the mini so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      The female changed from being a Storm Giant to being a Cloud Giant between the kickstarter and the retail release of the miniature. Whatever the subtype, she still gets a case of Smurfette syndrome.

The pose of the female is a bit strange, and she does have a certain supermodel-vibe going on. Reaper has explained that the pose was meant to illustrate her bending down to talk to someone human sized, and as such it is not too bad. But taken out of context it just comes off as a bit cheesecake-ish. Reaper has acknowledged that the pose did not work as intended. The swimsuit-like corset really does not help to avoid this impression at all.
      Again, a mini with a slight case of bendyweaponitis. (which, in fact, is the proper scientific name for it). Treated with hot water then cold to straighten out the worst of it.

I based her on a 50mm round lipped base.

77162 Yephima, Female Cloud Giant (the male one did not get a proper name, I wonder why not?)
      From the first Bones kickstarter, 2013
      Storm Giants subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Patrick Keith
      Bonesium PVC
      50mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Maledrakh
      Storm Giant. Or Blue Zeus if you will.

Being from the first Bones kickstarter, this mini is in the softer material. That big sword there was a noodle when I received it. I repositioned it with hot water, and again, it is for the most part OK even if it is slightly bent, it is only apparent from certain angles.
      Also, it has a mould line indentation groove going down the front shoulder that I probably should have filled, as it became very apparent after painting.
      I based it on a 76mm bespoke 3Dprinted round lipped base.

For some reason, the female is quite a lot smaller than the male. Say what you will, they certainly are giant sized when compared with humans!
      I chose to paint them as Papa Smurf and Smurfette, just because.

In the third kickstarter Reaper started redoing the Giants, replacing them with significantly larger versions of previously released ones. These have not been remade (yet). I would expect them to do that in the expected-to-be-upcoming fifth kickstarter, as they have recently shown off a print of the same female figure in a different pose and at about twice the size.

77163: Male Storm Giant
      Storm Giants subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC
      76mm 3Dprinted base.
    • By Maledrakh
      The second of the day's random bones is the Flesh Golem from the third kickstarter.

Basically your Frankenstein's Monster. There was a flesh golem in the first kickstarter as well, but this one is larger, fatter and he has got technological bits sticking out here and there.
      I painted the different parts in several distinct fleshtones, but the subsequent wash with Druuchi Violet and Athonian Camoshade evened out the colour significantly more than I expected. The purple seams I painstakingly painted in more or less dissappeared! The ripped pants started out dark blue green, but ended up dark brown.
      Apart from the drying time I spent maybe half an hour on this mini.

Frankenstein's Ogre!

77512: Flesh Golem
      From the third Bones kickstarter, 2015
      Stoneskull expansion
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC
      40mm base.

• By Maledrakh
      Next randomly grabbed mini is the Dragonman Warrior from the first Bones kickstarter. This one suffers a bit from the softer Bones material used on the earlier Bones. The details are a bit soft, especially around the mouth and face in general. The scales are not all as marked as they might have been. The weapon needed straightening as is common with these minis. As can be seen in the pictures, the straightening was successful, but not quite perfect.

I thought this one might have a bit more armour than the average Lizardman. Turns out it is meant as a player character mini. So it became the Paladin Sir Hisst.

A quick and comparatively easy paint job. I struggled a bit with the face on account of the soft details.

77060: Dragonman Warrior
      Fighters subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
    • By Maledrakh
      I seem to have rather alot of (20 or so) unpainted Bones left from the three first massive kickstarter campaigns, and a shipment with the bits from the fourth KS picked and packed and  underweigh in a container bound for Europe as I write this. Which means that there will soonish be more Bones. Oh yes there will.

So, in an extremely ineffectual attempt to at least get a little more of the backlog painted up before the B4 arrives, I picked a few minis at semi-random from the Drawers of Doom™ where I keep most of the prepped minis these days. (There are several (many!) drawers, and all of them are mostly packed with minis ready to be painted. I open a drawer, have a quick look at the contents and grab a mini or two. Then I close the drawers quickly. This chosen one gets the paint. This is the only way I am able to overcome the paralysis-of-choice that invariably descends if I spend to long looking at all the lovely minis.)
      It really does not help that my spending on minis both KS and otherwise has been a bit...shall we call it frivolous... the last few months, so I tend to be stockpiling more than I paint. Even though I have averaged 365+ painted minis each year these last several years, the mountains of the unpainted keep growing.

But I digress. Speedpaint incoming:

Say hello to Ingrid, supposedly a female viking warrior. With horns on the helmet. So, a Fantasy Viking then.

77225: Ingrid, Female Viking
      From the second Bones kickstarter, 2014,
      Heroes 1 subset
      sculpted by Werner Klocke
      Bonesium PVC
      30mm base
  • Who's Online   53 Members, 3 Anonymous, 127 Guests (See full list)