Colonel Kane

Colonel Kane's SCI FI Poll

Hello all,

This is now the Recruitment for my Star Frontiers game. If you wish to join please let me know for sure. either a reply in this thread or you can PM me. Please go to Star Frontiers.com/ Rules and download the Basic set of rules. I hope you enjoy yourself. 

/I am looking at trying to do a Sci Fi RPG, however I have run into a snag and I could use some help. I have /several rule sets, that I like and probably run if I could focus on the rule. SO I need to know how many /people would be interested in playing in each one the one with the most votes is the oone I will focus on.
/Rule Sets (listed in order that I would perfer to run.)
/
/Classic Traveller the Little black box set books 1-3 only
/Star Frontiers
/Stars without Number
/D6 Space
/
/
/Stars without Number and Star Frontiers are both free so even if you do not own the rules you coould still /join in. I like the old Traveller rules and I have bought the little black box. if you do not own the rules then /you will not be able to read the rules, If you do not own the rules we could figure something out. I believe /book 1 on RPGNOW is only $4 or $5, for those who would want to play that.. anyways please post which /rule set you would want to play.

/edited to add D6 Space and to change the price of Traveller Book 1

/Total votes so far:
/Traveller
/Star Frontiers 2
/Stars Without Number 1
/D6

/

Edited by Colonel Kane
  • Like 1

Stars without Number and Star Frontiers

I might be interested for the free to download ones. 

White Star

White Box rules in Spaaaaaceeeee!!!

Thou SF is always a classic

Updated first post to show the numbers of votes for each rule set.

I like don't my the "free" download rule simply because I feel like I am including everyone, as anyone can get the rules and then play in my games. Traveller is the only "pay to play" game that I own, but I do enjoy the little of the rules I have read. Yes you would have to pay for the rules , but since you would only need Book 1, then you would only have to pay $5 to play. The only issue though is it feels like someone is having to spend money on me and I do NOT like that. Anyways, so far Star Frontiers is in the lead.

Now about the universe: no matter which set of rule I use, i will use the maps and maybe some history, but it will be my own verse.

two voters + me. well got to start somewhere. 

My votes are Traveller and Star Frontiers...... I wonder if I could juggle three campaigns....... just kidding. 

Alright so Star Frontiers it is, however I will continue to run my OSRIC campaign and I will still work on my Traveller campaign.  So if you still want to play DL the rules and start thinking of a character. There are a few things I want to get set up first. 

• Like 2

Expanded or Basic rules character creation?

Probably looking at a Human or most likely a Yzarian. I'm not sure what role thou.

Haldir that brings up a good question. I know there is the old set of rules that had the rules broken up into basic and expanded, and there is the new remastered set. Let us go with expanded and we will use the remastered set of rules. 

ok

starfrontiers dot com has everything as pdfs for those that didn't know the website.

They even have form fallible character sheets if anyone wants to go that route.

Whichever rules you choose/prefer but use the Traveller deck plans for ships.

The deck plans are the only thing I dislike about Star Frontiers. That said I will use both SF and Traveller deck plans at some point. This being my only night off this week I had hope to get some work done, however I am making cupcakes for my youngest Birthday party at school tomorrow.

Alright I made a site for this similar to my OSRIC site. Here is the address:

https://sites.google.com/site/colonelkanesstarfrontierssite/

Edited by Colonel Kane

Ok All I have uploaded Open Office Documents to the web site.

Character sheets: Per form1

Equipment sheet: Per Form2

Military Skill Sheet: APT Form1

Technological Skill Sheet APT Form 2

Skill Sheet APT Form 3 and 4

Someone please check the site out and tell me if you can download it.

Haldir on reflection how bout we go basic and learn together?

Sounds good it's been awhile since I played. I think my character was a dralasite....

Will do. If not today, tomorrow for sure.