haldir

Pathfinder: The Dragon's Demand

163 posts in this topic

Alright.  I will make a character tonight when I get home from work. 

Speaking of character ideas, is there any kind of campaign specific fluff I should be aware of?  I'm thinking more along the lines of deviation from "standard" setting material.  Don't make a butterfly collector because butterflies went extinct as a side effect to the celestial frog blight of 1286 kind of thing.  If not then I have a background idea to put into writing later.

Ok, here's Bregan

Bregan Loreseeker
Male dwarf ranger (Lore Warden) 1
NG Medium humanoid (dwarf)
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60'; Perception +7
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +4 Dex)
hp 16 (1d10+6)
Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +3;
+4 dodge bonus to AC vs giants
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee spear +4 (1d8+3/x3) or
   spear +2 (1d8+2/x3) and spear +2 (1d6+1/x2)
   dwarven maulaxe +4 (1d6+2/x2) or
   dwarven maulaxe +2 (1d6+2/x2) and  dwarven maulaxe +2 (1d6+1/x2)
   dagger +4 (1d4+2/19-20x2)
Ranged shortbow +5 (1d6/x3) or
   spear +5 (1d8+3/x3) or
   dwarven maulaxe +5 (1d6+2/x2) or
   dagger +5 (1d4+2/19-20x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 10
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 17 (21 to resist bull rush or trip)
Feats; Skill Focus (perception), Toughness
Traits; Nimble Fingers Keen Mind, Reckless
Skills Acrobatics +6 , Climb +4, Craft (armor) +6 (+8 if composed of metal or stone), Disable Device +6 (+7 if
searching for traps), Knowledge (dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (engineering)+8, Knowledge (history) +8,
Perception +7 (+8 if searching for traps),  Stealth +6, Survial +8 (+9 if following tracks)
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant
SQ Unstoppable, stonecunning, hatred, naturalist +1, track, lore
Other Gear Rangers Kit, pipe and tobacco, thieve's tools, journal, ink and inkpen, 3gp 9sp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Craftsman; +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks related to metal or stone. Replaces greed.
Defensive training;  gains a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype
Hatred; +1 to atk goblinoids and orcs
Stability; +4 racial bonus to his Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while
standing on the ground.
Stonecunning; +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors
located in stone walls or floors, receives a check to notice such features whenever he passes within 10 feet of
them, whether or not he is actively looking.
Nimble Fingers Keen Mind; +1 to disable device checks and disable device is a class skill
Reckless; +1 to acrobatics checks and acrobatics is a class skill
Naturalist (Ex): An lore warden who has identified a creature with a Knowledge check appropriate to its
type can use performance to share strategies for defeating it with allies in combat. The lore warden and any
allies within 30 feet gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against
exceptional*, supernatural, and spell-like abilities used by creatures of that specific kind of monster (e.g.,
frost giants, not all giants or all humanoids). This bonus increases by +1 at 5th level and every six levels
thereafter. This language-dependent ability requires visual and audible components.
Unstoppable; gains Toughness as a bonus feat and a +1 racial bonus on Fortitude saves. Replaces hardy.
Lore; A lore warden adds half his class level (minimum 1) to all Knowledge skill checks and may make all
Knowledge skill checks untrained. Replaces wild empathy

Based on what has been posted already, I'd lean toward pure melee Human Barbarian.

I don't see a healer type yet, so if it works out that we have no divine magic, I would offer to go with Warpriest.

I'll post a barbarian later today.

Rolls

18 - 6, 6, 6, 2
16 - 6, 5, 5, 3
15 - 6, 5, 4, 4
14 - 6, 4, 4, 3
13 - 6, 4, 3, 1
11 - 4, 4, 3, 1

1 person likes this

I got my wizard done(?) just need to get it here. I tried to copy and paste, but now there is glue on my screen...(old joke but still a good one.) I have the next three days off, (Yeah me!) So I should be able to get him typed up. 

I present Malhrid "Mal" Instedd

Male Ulfen Barbarian

A 6'6" strong man with long straw-brown hair and blue eyes.  He wears his hair long, with several thin braids, and his beard is braided into two thick braids, adorned with various twine and crudely carved bronze and narwhal horn embellishments.  He wears scale armor and carries several axes, and a heavy shield painted blue with an intricate gold knotwork design of a dragon eating an ice troll.  His clothing is in shades of blue, and lined with white polar bear fur.  His greataxe has the Skald runes carved into the handle spelling the word "Skjald-Brestar."

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1055166

Background:

Malhrid is an unfortunate wanderer. He was trained as a shock troop since early childhood. His courage and strength were renowned among his Ulfen brethren. As at home as he was on land as a berserker, he was equally at home on the longships of his people. Sadly, during a fishing voyage close to shore, his ship was attacked by an ice troll. The crew fought bravely. Malhrid didn't remember being knocked out, but he woke up on the shore a half mile away from the wreckage. All of his crew mates were either slain, eaten, or missing. He gathered up what he could and returned to his village. In the grief of the event, he was accused of fleeing. This is surely something Mal would never do. In his shock and grief, he fled rather than challenge all accusers to duels. He made his way south over many months, but was pursued by his people. He managed to forage as best he could, and eventually shook his pursuers due to his nature-lore and woods-craft. He ultimately offered his services as a bodyguard and caravan guard, earning enough coin to survive. He is eager to make a new life for himself in this warmer clime.

Speaking of character ideas, is there any kind of campaign specific fluff I should be aware of?  I'm thinking more along the lines of deviation from "standard" setting material.  Don't make a butterfly collector because butterflies went extinct as a side effect to the celestial frog blight of 1286 kind of thing.  If not then I have a background idea to put into writing later.

Pretty much everything goes. The starting town, Belhaim is your typical rustic sleepy place. As quoted from the book:

"Belhaim presents a sleepy, rustic facade to the wandering visitor. The town is in large part self-sufficient. Its main commodities are pottery and fish, but the town doesn’t receive enough trade to garner much renown from these industries. Most of the town’s inhabitants work for family businesses or provide services. Residents are fractious, and they have long memories. Minor squabbles are common among neighbors who have differing beliefs"

Belhaim is located in the Verduran Forest of northcentral Taldor, on a minor trade road between Wispil and Dunholme. A lesser tributary of the Verduran Fork runs along the side of the town, connected to the main road by a covered wooden bridge.

Taldor (Belhaim is located where the F is in Verduran Fork)

Belhaim

Belhaim & Environs

Town map

There are 3 major religions in the town.

Abaddar, god of cities, law, merchants, and wealth

Green Faith, a naturalistic philosophy based on the belief that natural forces are worthy of attention and respect

Shelyn, goddess of art, beauty, love, and music

Residents of Belhaim have repeatedly put forth plans to have Dragonfen drained in order to salvage the land for agricultural use and to reveal potential new quarry sites (a previous quarry full of limestone was flooded after a earthquake). Yet again and again, these notions were discarded as being far too daunting and expensive. Belhaim seems destined to be nothing more than a sleepy backwater of the dying Taldan Empire.
1 person likes this

I am Xoltan Xorilla. I was born in Korvosa and graduated from a magic college there. You might see me drawing maps of the places I have been. There is not much else I will tell you about me. 

(5'8" slightly over weight with white hair, violet eyes and golden olive skin) 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1055282

This took me longer then I thought, but I think I got everything right and in place.  So here is Tark the Converted:

Tark the Converted
Male half-orc cleric (ecclesitheurge) of Pharasma 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 91)
N Medium humanoid (human, orc)
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 15, flat-footed 10 (+5 Dex)
hp 11 (1d8+3)
Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6
Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +2 (1d4+2/19-20) or
   falchion +2 (2d4+3/18-20)
Special Attacks channel positive energy 3/day (DC 10, 1d6)
Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +4)
   6/day—rebuke death (1d4)
Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4)
   1st—bleeding strike, cure light wounds[D], inflict light wounds (DC 14)
   0 (at will)—bleed (DC 13), create water, light
   D Domain spell; Domains Death (Death, pharasma subdomain), Healing
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 17, Cha 11
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 17
Feats Combat Casting
Traits sacred touch, undead slayer
Skills Heal +7, Intimidate +2, Knowledge (religion) +5, Linguistics +5; Racial Modifiers +2 Intimidate
Languages Common, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc
SQ blessing of the faithful, domain mastery, orc blood, secondary domain (souls, pharasma[APG]), spell-only domain (), touch the spirit world (1 round)
Other Gear dagger, falchion, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, candle (10), flint and steel, hemp rope (50 ft.), pot, soap, spell component pouch, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, wooden holy symbol, 58 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Blessing of the Faithful (+2 sacred bonus, 25 feet) (Su) Ally gains in close range gains +2 atk, skills, ability checks, saves or AC.
Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) Domain (Healing) Granted Powers: Your touch staves off pain and death, and your healing magic is particularly vital and potent.
Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) Domain (Souls, Pharasma)
Cleric Channel Positive Energy 1d6 (3/day, DC 10) (Su) Positive energy heals the living and harms the undead; negative has the reverse effect.
Combat Casting +4 to Concentration checks to cast while on the defensive.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Domain Mastery Can use normal spells to prepare from the domain list, and can choose different domain spells available each day
Orc Blood Half-orcs count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.
Rebuke Death (6/day) (Sp) As a standard action, touch heals 1d4 dam to negative HP target.
Sacred Tattoo +1 to all saves.
Touch the Spirit World (1 rds, 6/day) (Su) Allow touched weapon to harm incorporeal targets.

Haldir please let me know if you need a copy of the character sheet and the best way to get it to you. Looking forward to this getting started.

I just copied & pasted in Drive. Works for me.

Ok again, starting post will be next Weds.

Also, I forgot to mention, the game features kobolds so if anyone has abilities like Ranger's favored enemy, etc. It makes no sense in using the bonus vs goblins or orcs, etc. Also if anyone can take kobold as a language it would be helpful.

Trying to finish this guy up while watching football.

Watching too much football.  ^_^

I can also switch one of my languages as well.

It would not hurt to have two of us to know a thing. 

I can switch draconic to kobold. 

DONE!

Well draconic might help too, with that adventure title!! ^_^