Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, it is with great pleasure that I present you today my latest project. I just completed the display base for the eleven Fox Critters I painted at the beginning of the year. I used Woodland Scenics ready-made fall colors trees and Bachmann Scene Scapes spruce trees as well as various undergrowth foliage, turf, natural stones, sand and realistic water effect. The base itself is made of wood, masonite hardboard and putty. I made the benches and the tente frame with real branches. For more details see the Fox Critter Rogue Camp Diorama WIP.

The camp fire, the two chest and all the Fox models are magnetised to the base and can easily be removed. Every Fox are from Dark Sword Miniatures and were sculpted by Dave Summers.
      Your comments are very welcome.

• By MojoBob
      I've made a start on a new piece of scenery, a foot bridge crossing a narrow stretch of river.

The tile is sized to fit with my other river pieces, but I'd like it to be an attractive little standalone model in its own right. We shall see.

The bridge is one that I 3d-printed from a model I found on Thingiverse; I thought it was bigger when I started printing it, but it will do OK as a foot bridge — its total length is about 70mm. The base is 3mm MDF, sealed with black spray primer. The rock formations are DAS air-drying clay, press-moulded into Woodland Scenics rubber rock moulds, and the rest of the groundwork is SculptaMold plaster/paper goop. The steps and flagstones are just pressed and scribed into that once it had firmed up but not actually set hard.
    • By LarsM
      I have been sculpting lately, and finds it very fun and satisfying. There is just something about making everything from scratch.
      I dont think I will ever make 'real' miniatures, but simple creatures like this one is super fun.
      As always C & C is welcome.

..Here is the sea squiq. A lot of squiqs get captured by goblins and is trained and used for war. But this one is still a free living creature. Living and eating along the shores..

• By Guildenstern
      Finished the bases for these two 'statues'. I picked a more sombre kind of theme, almost winter or fall, as I thought it looked better with these than a bright, summer theme. 

• By ThirstyBob
      I decided to get this and paint it for my Mom for Christmas. Arrived like this:

Airbrush Primer:

Base coated dark green, realized tortoises don't have green shells so went over the shell with sequential layers of Ochre/Burnt Umber mix, followed by ochre several times. Drybrushed dark blue over the skin.

Washed the shell with burnt umber, washed just the crevices with a thin black wash.

Highlighted the shell with mid yellow, did some speckling of red green and blue on the head and neck.

AND then we run into problems, gotta do the eyes. So I do that...

And we got one ridiculous looking, Stoned of his gourd tortoise. Please help!
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)