kodiakbear

Pre-launch
Dwarven Forge KS5 Back to the dungeon

71 posts in this topic

Coming after KS4 is delivering.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
1 person likes this

Dwarven Forge terrain goes back underground in 2017!

a1be17782c58b2cb17605416d528fb42_origina

01e67f9fcbece26c6cd02e6756faaa16_origina

Edited by kodiakbear
2 people like this

This will be an easy pass if the walls make 3/4 of the tile unusable.

3 people like this

The currently available corner pieces like that one have only one full floor square too. So unless you are cutting your models in half to use the half spaces at the edges of the walls, 3/4 of Dwarven Forge corner tiles have always been unusable as gaming space. This new one is just putting some decoration in the partial floor spaces along the walls.

I admit that it is a slightly confusing design choice that they made way back with the original resin sets and stuck to. But having the walls eat into part of the floor spaces allows for each overall tile size to be 2x2 or 4x4, which helps with layouts where you can lay any tile next to another. All the standard tiles fit on an overall 2x2 grid.

2 people like this

It is definitely a feature of all Dwarven Forge walls...for better or worse.

As for the Kickstarter, I would be naive to think that I can make my will save against it. The best I can hope for is to come out without spending too much.

3 people like this

I really like the look of these walls and I like my terrain with walls but I know some do not.

I am not fond of the very short wall look but to try new things I DMed a couple games using just floor tiles, door pieces and accessories, while I missed the walls it did work.  I also Dmed those games with wall less caverns and used the DF chasm sets to make the cavern walls rough, while it worked I would like another chasm set with different sculpts to have added to the variety.  

I emailed Dwarven Forge and suggested that they could get in on the wall haters side of the market by selling sets of floor only tiles and accessory sets without wall items.  I do not know if they will ever try it but perhaps if they got more emails from the wall less demographic they would.

Edited by kodiakbear
4 people like this

I personally am finding that what I want most is variety in elevation to add interest to my builds. I hadn't bought an elevation packs until KS4, and that stuff obviously isn't here yet. 

Hopefully KS5 adds to this some decent options for that.

2 people like this

15726465_10154848630544458_3482703470047

Here is a teaser pic of some ruins.

Edited by kodiakbear
4 people like this

15726465_10154848630544458_3482703470047

Here is a teaser pic of some ruins.

I can't see it for some reason.  Don't torture me!

Your wallet is obviously blocking your vision in self-defense. 

1 person likes this

Now this I can get behind.  Freestanding pieces that will work well in any configuration, and won't look too small next to modern day heroic scale figures.  More like this please!   :blush:

Edited by Jeneki
2 people like this

Hmmm is he going for a posh palace?

I'm curious what the rest of the dungeon tiles will look like.

I'm down for the ruins...

Hoping for trees...

1 person likes this

I managed to make my will-roll for every Dwarven Forge Kickstarter ... reasons being: it's not cheap (that in itself is not really a bonus to my will-roll), it's heavy (meaning shipping to Germany is expensive) and not-cheap plus high shipping means I have to pay a lot of import taxes and fees ...

3 people like this

I managed to make my will-roll for every Dwarven Forge Kickstarter ... reasons being: it's not cheap (that in itself is not really a bonus to my will-roll), it's heavy (meaning shipping to Germany is expensive) and not-cheap plus high shipping means I have to pay a lot of import taxes and fees ...

Doesnt Dwarven Forge of a European distributor?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   1 member

• Similar Content

• By sorcerersapprentice
      Meanders2 Wave2  Digital Sci-fi Terrain drops in 2 days time on the 21st May. 
      A preview is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/1602493010?token=6e1623e4
      This will be the biggest sci-fi map project ever attempted and potentially over 145 giant new maps for Scifi RPG.  You can  get Vector Packs, Commercial Licenses, and much more. You can also have your name or even company logo put into my Meanders as a bonus just by backing early. There are downloadable banners on the preview that you can take to share the project around on groups and sites. Thanks for reading, hope to see you there. Cheers :)
    • By MAGECompany
      Hello everyone, 

This is Helena from MAGE Company and I am here to update you about our KS campaign. 

First things first, we have a date! The KS will launch on May 15th! This is our Kickstarter preview link. The page is still under construction, so you will see it as it is being created. 

Furthermore if any of you will be attending UKGE in early June, you will have the opportunity to play a close to final copy of the game, with the designers! That's right, Twisted Brothers are going to be there to demo the game for all of you!

The miniatures of the game are now being produced, so we are going to post daily updates with the minis. 

This is the bandit. This is one of the minions of the game, so you will encounter him in the early stages of your combat. The bandits are despicable people who have gathered from all the 12 Realms and have as a purpose to raid travelers of the lands. These thought by other low-lives have as a purpose to sow terror across the main roads that link the 12 Realms and especially close to the mountainous areas that are their lairs. 

However some of them, in an effort to increase their loot, they lurk into dungeons where the mighty heroes are battling evil. They thought it would be a nice chance for them, since heroes usually carry more valuables than the peasants who cross the roads of the 12 Realms. 

What do you think of the Bandit? Do you like the mini?
      If you are interested in the campaign, don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter, or add a notification on Kickstarter

• By pcktlnt
      https://cmon.com/news/zombicide-green-horde-is-coming

ZOMBICIDE: GREEN HORDE IS COMING! With the end of the incredibly successful Rising Sun campaign, Zombicide has been dethroned as the biggest CMON Kickstarter of all time, but soon it will have a chance to retake its crown. We have something colorful and strong for our next campaign: Zombicide: Green Horde is coming to Kickstarter at the end of May! This sequel to the smash hit Zombicide: Black Plague, will bring players back into a world of deadly medieval fantasy, this time filled with infected orcs and goblins who will put survivors to the ultimate test. This green menace is not only stronger than their human counterparts, but they also tend to gather into massive hordes that ambush the survivors when they least expect it. Uncover the many surprises the Green Horde has in store for you!
        Stay tuned to CMON.com, Twitter, and the CMON and Guillotine Games Facebook pages for updates on this new menace that threatens anything and anyone that stands in its way. If Zombicide: Black Plague gave you nightmares, Zombicide: Green Horde will make them come true.
      Learn more about Zombicide: Black Plague here.
    • By SamuraiJack
      <link here>

Description

Enter the Dark Ages of Greece, ruled by mighty Gods wielding advanced technology. Control asymmetric heroes and choose your path to victory, either by strategic control or adventure style monster hunting and quests.
      Build majestic multi-part monuments of Gods on the board and unlock their mighty powers that will help you win and survive the raids of monsters, who travel through land and rain havoc.
      In Lords of Hellas, you control an asymmetric hero, developed by increasing his 3 basic statistics and gathering artifacts. The main statistics are:
      Leadership that will help you to move your armies
      Strength that will empower you to successfully hunt for monsters
      Speed that will make your hero move faster
      Through the game you can choose from various actions and influence the game thanks to the mighty monuments of base Gods: Zeus, Athena, and Hermes. You need to strategically move your armies and hero as well as manage your actions in order to win. There are also random events, where players need to vote or take action together.
      Players can win in various ways: by controlling area, temples, or slaying monsters that are wandering through the map and interfere in various ways. Once any victory condition is met, the game ends (there is no point system). 

• By Dan d'Lyon
      This is a pre-launch thread, but should be launching on Kickstarter in April.

Darkholds is a dungeon crawler boardgame - think Space Hulk crossed with Zombicide - containing lots of undead (including Wihtgar, Wihtboga, Wihtax, Gasts, Dreaguth and Tomb Spider) and six heroes, all in plastic. It's heroes versus the game.
      The heroes are Carrowek, Penda, Nerys, Gnith and Sáthach, plus a special KS only miniature that you can ONLY get if you purchase the boardgame, Morag of Mann. You can't get her separately and she will only be available during the Kickstarter. The retail version won't include her.

I don't know why it keeps merging into a single post.  But hopefully it stays.
  • Who's Online   61 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)