kodiakbear

Live
Dwarven Forge KS5 Back to the dungeon

346 posts in this topic

Coming after KS4 is delivering.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
1 person likes this

Dwarven Forge terrain goes back underground in 2017!

a1be17782c58b2cb17605416d528fb42_origina

01e67f9fcbece26c6cd02e6756faaa16_origina

Edited by kodiakbear
2 people like this

This will be an easy pass if the walls make 3/4 of the tile unusable.

4 people like this

The currently available corner pieces like that one have only one full floor square too. So unless you are cutting your models in half to use the half spaces at the edges of the walls, 3/4 of Dwarven Forge corner tiles have always been unusable as gaming space. This new one is just putting some decoration in the partial floor spaces along the walls.

I admit that it is a slightly confusing design choice that they made way back with the original resin sets and stuck to. But having the walls eat into part of the floor spaces allows for each overall tile size to be 2x2 or 4x4, which helps with layouts where you can lay any tile next to another. All the standard tiles fit on an overall 2x2 grid.

2 people like this

It is definitely a feature of all Dwarven Forge walls...for better or worse.

As for the Kickstarter, I would be naive to think that I can make my will save against it. The best I can hope for is to come out without spending too much.

3 people like this

I really like the look of these walls and I like my terrain with walls but I know some do not.

I am not fond of the very short wall look but to try new things I DMed a couple games using just floor tiles, door pieces and accessories, while I missed the walls it did work.  I also Dmed those games with wall less caverns and used the DF chasm sets to make the cavern walls rough, while it worked I would like another chasm set with different sculpts to have added to the variety.  

I emailed Dwarven Forge and suggested that they could get in on the wall haters side of the market by selling sets of floor only tiles and accessory sets without wall items.  I do not know if they will ever try it but perhaps if they got more emails from the wall less demographic they would.

Edited by kodiakbear
4 people like this

I personally am finding that what I want most is variety in elevation to add interest to my builds. I hadn't bought an elevation packs until KS4, and that stuff obviously isn't here yet. 

Hopefully KS5 adds to this some decent options for that.

2 people like this

15726465_10154848630544458_3482703470047

Here is a teaser pic of some ruins.

Edited by kodiakbear
4 people like this

15726465_10154848630544458_3482703470047

Here is a teaser pic of some ruins.

I can't see it for some reason.  Don't torture me!

Your wallet is obviously blocking your vision in self-defense. 

1 person likes this

Now this I can get behind.  Freestanding pieces that will work well in any configuration, and won't look too small next to modern day heroic scale figures.  More like this please!   :blush:

Edited by Jeneki
2 people like this

Hmmm is he going for a posh palace?

I'm curious what the rest of the dungeon tiles will look like.

I'm down for the ruins...

Hoping for trees...

1 person likes this

I managed to make my will-roll for every Dwarven Forge Kickstarter ... reasons being: it's not cheap (that in itself is not really a bonus to my will-roll), it's heavy (meaning shipping to Germany is expensive) and not-cheap plus high shipping means I have to pay a lot of import taxes and fees ...

3 people like this

I managed to make my will-roll for every Dwarven Forge Kickstarter ... reasons being: it's not cheap (that in itself is not really a bonus to my will-roll), it's heavy (meaning shipping to Germany is expensive) and not-cheap plus high shipping means I have to pay a lot of import taxes and fees ...

Doesnt Dwarven Forge of a European distributor?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Beagle
      Who Are we?
      Antediluvian Miniatures are new company producing an ever expanding range of 28mm miniatures for the war gamer, collector and role player. You can see our existing miniatures at www.antediluvianminiatures.com
      The Plan.
      We would like to add to our ever expanding range of unique and unusual figures by producing this range of Medieval Devils and Demons inspired by the freakish illustrated manuscripts of the medieval period! 
      These figures are sculpted by Andrew May ( Demons ), Ian Mountain ( Witch ), and Jo Brumby ( Terrence the Goat ). We think these will be great fun and an unusual addition for fantasy wargames, skirmish and role playing games. There are all 28mm scale, cast in metal- they will come with plastic bases supplied.

If the campaign goes well we have some extra characters and a potential terrain feature we'll add in as stretch goals and freebies.

More details of the pledges and locked figures are below.
      What do you get. 
      all the are figures metal cast and supplied with bases. Figures are 28mm scale.

• By SamuraiJack

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Thank you! 
      We will come up with more information, infographics and some stretch goals tomorrow (really! You may be curious.)
      This modular game building system is the result of months of prototyping. Saga World Builder makes it easy for you to play the table-top games you love. 
      The system consists of a large number of double-sided modular map tiles and features hundreds of environmental objects, magic items, weapons, decorations, and equipment.
      All Saga tiles are 6x6 inch as well as 3x6 inch (metric: 15,24 x 15,24 cm as well as 7,62 x 15,24 cm).
      Saga World Builder is a highly modular game-building system for creating gaming maps and environments. 
      We’ve been enjoying role playing games for many years and have developed Saga World Builder with you in mind! From gamers for gamers. All design elements are hand-painted and highly modular. Due to the game’s unique and engaging illustration style, it’s super easy to add your own ideas and designs to Saga maps! 
      Wet- and dry-erase compatible and super durable!
      Saga map tiles are wet- and dry-erase compatible, super durable, laminated on both sides, and reinforced for extra weight and durability.
      Objects printed on adhesion film
      Thanks to the magic of adhesion and electrostatic, all elements stick to the map and can easily be placed, removed, and reused again and again and again. 
      All this is included!
      Beautiful hand-painted game-building system. Dungeon System with hundreds of modular dungeon tiles. Mine System with hundreds of modular mine tiles. Hundreds of weapons, magic items, and decorative objects. Pitfalls, traps, and tricky adventure elements. Environmental objects and props. Kickstarter bonus: Inventory and neutral tiles.  Features
      Saga World Builder is: 
      Completely modular.  Hand-painted illustrations that fit every style. Our objects are printed on adhesion film, which sticks to shining surfaces 
without glue and can be easily removed. 
  Works with any kind of marker: wet, dry, permanent, and nonpermanent.  Cleans up easily and quickly so you can draw on it and erase over and over again. Can cover any size or shape of table. Let’s you create an exciting chase scene. Doesn’t slide around on the table. Allows for a wide variety of terrain, dungeon, or miniatures.  And is Affordable  Rewards 
      (We have two sizes of tiles: 6”x6" and 3"x6. We did a small typo in the description of some rewards where we wrote "All tiles are 6”x6" and 3"x3” / But all tiles are 6”x6" and 3"x6”.)

• By Dan d'Lyon
      Expansion sets for the Blood and Plunder tabletop game.  Live on Kickstarter.

About this project
      Blood is on the horizon! The iron grip of Iberian Domination is eclipsing the 17th century Caribbean as the world races to seize its spoils. Join the emerging Dutch Republic as it battles for its place among the established European powers or defy foreign incursion as a Darien King in this expansion to Blood and Plunder, No Peace Beyond the Line.
      No Peace Beyond the Line is the first major expansion for the Blood and Plunder miniatures game. This expansion will revolve around the No Peace Beyond the Line book that will feature:
      Optional rules for playing games at a greater scale or with more than two players A campaign system Special characters that players will be able to add to units New units and factions for the existing nationalities New nationalities including the Dutch and Native Caribbeans New ships: Piragua, Fluyt and  the Galleon!  Factions for expanded nationalities such as Danes, Swedes, Prussians, and Portuguese This Kickstarter allows us to raise the funding needed to expand our product line to this scale in a short period of time as opposed to having slow, continuous releases. Firelock Games is excited to have the opportunity to continue expanding the world and timeline of Blood and Plunder in order to create a more exciting and expansive line for its player base.
    • By Gadgetman!
      The People at Antarctic Press is at it again...  
      May the Farce be with them in their endeavor of creating cool T-shirts...   

Hurry up to pledge, there's only 4 days left.
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)