kodiakbear

Funded
Dwarven Forge KS5 Back to the dungeon

531 posts in this topic

Coming after KS4 is delivering.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
1 person likes this

Dwarven Forge terrain goes back underground in 2017!

a1be17782c58b2cb17605416d528fb42_origina

01e67f9fcbece26c6cd02e6756faaa16_origina

Edited by kodiakbear
2 people like this

This will be an easy pass if the walls make 3/4 of the tile unusable.

4 people like this

The currently available corner pieces like that one have only one full floor square too. So unless you are cutting your models in half to use the half spaces at the edges of the walls, 3/4 of Dwarven Forge corner tiles have always been unusable as gaming space. This new one is just putting some decoration in the partial floor spaces along the walls.

I admit that it is a slightly confusing design choice that they made way back with the original resin sets and stuck to. But having the walls eat into part of the floor spaces allows for each overall tile size to be 2x2 or 4x4, which helps with layouts where you can lay any tile next to another. All the standard tiles fit on an overall 2x2 grid.

2 people like this

It is definitely a feature of all Dwarven Forge walls...for better or worse.

As for the Kickstarter, I would be naive to think that I can make my will save against it. The best I can hope for is to come out without spending too much.

3 people like this

I really like the look of these walls and I like my terrain with walls but I know some do not.

I am not fond of the very short wall look but to try new things I DMed a couple games using just floor tiles, door pieces and accessories, while I missed the walls it did work.  I also Dmed those games with wall less caverns and used the DF chasm sets to make the cavern walls rough, while it worked I would like another chasm set with different sculpts to have added to the variety.  

I emailed Dwarven Forge and suggested that they could get in on the wall haters side of the market by selling sets of floor only tiles and accessory sets without wall items.  I do not know if they will ever try it but perhaps if they got more emails from the wall less demographic they would.

Edited by kodiakbear
4 people like this

I personally am finding that what I want most is variety in elevation to add interest to my builds. I hadn't bought an elevation packs until KS4, and that stuff obviously isn't here yet. 

Hopefully KS5 adds to this some decent options for that.

2 people like this

15726465_10154848630544458_3482703470047

Here is a teaser pic of some ruins.

Edited by kodiakbear
4 people like this

15726465_10154848630544458_3482703470047

Here is a teaser pic of some ruins.

I can't see it for some reason.  Don't torture me!

Your wallet is obviously blocking your vision in self-defense. 

1 person likes this

Now this I can get behind.  Freestanding pieces that will work well in any configuration, and won't look too small next to modern day heroic scale figures.  More like this please!   :blush:

Edited by Jeneki
2 people like this

Hmmm is he going for a posh palace?

I'm curious what the rest of the dungeon tiles will look like.

I'm down for the ruins...

Hoping for trees...

1 person likes this

I managed to make my will-roll for every Dwarven Forge Kickstarter ... reasons being: it's not cheap (that in itself is not really a bonus to my will-roll), it's heavy (meaning shipping to Germany is expensive) and not-cheap plus high shipping means I have to pay a lot of import taxes and fees ...

3 people like this

I managed to make my will-roll for every Dwarven Forge Kickstarter ... reasons being: it's not cheap (that in itself is not really a bonus to my will-roll), it's heavy (meaning shipping to Germany is expensive) and not-cheap plus high shipping means I have to pay a lot of import taxes and fees ...

Doesnt Dwarven Forge of a European distributor?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marc
      New Paths Compendium: Pathfinder RPG Expanded Edition
      Revised and expanded hardcover for Pathfinder RPG with new classes, feats, spells, and art, from arcane paladins to warlocks! From Kobold Press.

Check out the New Paths Compendium Kickstarter!

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      We love miniatures. We love tabletop games. We love anthropomorphic animals, from Disney's Robin Hood through The Wind in the Willows to Brian Jaques' Redwall books. So we combined the things we love in our Burrows & Badgers range of metal miniatures.
      Why are we making them?
      Because we want them! And we know a lot of other people are looking for more anthropomorphic animal miniatures too. Some will want to use them for wargaming or roleplaying. That's what we do with ours - and there's a link below to a free .pdf copy of the Burrows & Badgers Skirmish Game rules for you to download, if you feel like trying it out.
      Other people love painting miniatures, and our figures are perfect for that, full of character ready to be brought to life with your paintbrush....
      And some people just love collecting miniatures; again, we've made this new set of Burrows & Badgers figures perfect for collectors. They are all single piece models, with integral bases, so there are no fiddly parts to be glued on.
      We love making miniatures; we hope you'll love our miniatures too.
      Why we need your help...
      We've got 13 new miniatures sculpted, but they need to have moulds made before we can start producing the miniatures. And that's why we need funding; to get the moulds made, and get the casting process started.
      About the miniatures...
      There are other ranges of anthropomorphic animal miniatures out there, but ours are a little different. We didn't want all the races of animals to be the same size. Instead, we've scaled them to each other; so a shrew or a mouse is a very small model, about 20mm tall, and a really big animal like a badger will stand about 50mm tall, for example.
      Each sculpted figure shown below has a scale picture with it, showing its height in millimetres. All our models are supplied unpainted.
      And if you are interested in doing some anthro skirmish gaming, here's the link to the Burrows & Badgers website, where you can download .pdf files of the rules, warband rosters, FAQs and more:

The Pledges
      Below you'll see pictures of the different Pledge levels available. Each picture shows you what's included in the Pledge, then below them you can see close-up pictures of the individual miniatures, which also include the prices if you want to add extra miniatures to any Pledge. Shipping costs vary depending on where you are; there's a graphic at the bottom of this page that lists all the shipping costs. All Pledges are set for an estimated delivery of December 2017, but we're hoping to deliver sooner than that.

Pictures of the miniature sculpts
      Below you can see pictures of each of the miniatures, and there's a scale image at the bottom right of each picture to show the height of the model in millimetres. There's also a price at the bottom of each picture, for the Pick'n'Mix pledge, or to add extra models to any pledge.

• By Sylverthorne
      And now, for something completely different.

Yes, yes. I know. Not miniatures. But! Shiny! Art! With.. with .. with stuff. *Sage nod*
      The book part usually gets shipped with efficiency; medals and patches and things seem to depend on the efficiency of the crafter making them, but communication is good and things generally show up. I haven't grabbed hardbacks; I've been happy with the soft covers.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project

Seet update #1 for details.
      Extraordinarily versatile, the Tablebreaker has as many uses as you can imagine:
      Express your individuality at work or home!
      Use it as a gorgeous, eye-catching desk display!
      Spruce up your game room with a colorful, themed accent piece!
      Incorporate your passion into your living space with a sleek bookend or mantle decor!
      With options for both Standard and Countdown number orientation, the Tablebreaker is the perfect life-counter that all your friends are sure to envy!

The Tablebreaker was designed from the ground up with 3D modeling software; this allows us to ensure the greatest manufacturability and quality control. The Tablebreaker is then precision machined on a multi-axis CNC mill using a solid billet of 6063 architectural aluminum. After machining, the dice are color anodized to MIL-A-8625 specification. Finally, each die is etched using a CO2 laser. This process selectively removes the anodization and exposes the aluminum underneath to reveal the numbers on each face.
      Why Architectural Aluminium (6063)?
      Aluminum has a superb strength to weight ratio, making it the ideal material for a beautiful, yet durable display piece. Architectural Aluminum (6063) facilitates the most vibrant anodize colors. It’s always been our goal to bring you beautiful gaming accessories with as little risk as possible. Before launching this Kickstarter, we invested a lot of time, money and effort to make sure it was possible to bring our vision to life with a quality that we're proud of.  
      During our testing, we’ve found that in order to maintain a flawless finish, a small, shallow hole needed to be made in the otherwise solid block of aluminum to allow the die to be hung during the anodization process. We worked tirelessly to incorporate this into the overall design for a beautiful and complete finish. We solved the design change by adding a second hole, and incorporating them into distinguishing markers for the 6 and the 9. Our final product will feature two small, flush, stainless steel accent screws to complete this modern look.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      The Campaign Purpose:
      The purpose of this campaign is to get the funds to produce all these new models and also offer the chance to many chaos fans who missed the first campaign, to join the Pantheon of Chaos communitty!

* All the miniatures are made of lead free white metal and are supplied unnassembled, unpainted and without bases (bases can be supplied at request for a small extra cost) I decided to not include bases because there's a wide variety of clients who want square bases for regiments , some round or hex for skirmish games... so we better avoid the extra cost of adding bases that you might not use in the end.
      *All shipping will be paid appart and is not included on the pledges or single models price
      Once you select a pledge level , it grants you a starting quantity to start . Then is up to you to choose which ones you choose from whole catalogue and categories. After the campaign a survey will be sent to all the backers, and there you'll specify which models you've chosen. You can also start with the "€1 pledge" just to stay on the news and recieve campaign updates , all pledges grant access to the whole range, so you can add any single model you want to your basic pledge.
      THE NEW STUFF!!
      There's a lot of new models to reinforce your collection or just to start a new one! Champions, troops, monsters...
      Also as the capaign progresses we will keep adding new models to unlock and then they will become available like any other starting model.
      You can click on the image to see a larger and more detailed version.
      The new miniatures!   
      more new stuff!  
       And the "classic" models from the first campaign!
      Chaos Champions  

The Beastmen  
      Chaos Warriors   

• Who's Online   41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)