kodiakbear

Funded
Dwarven Forge KS5 Back to the dungeon

536 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mushu_Green said:

The campaign is over and i'm already thinking about adding the passage wall add-on in the PM

Honestly, I feel like the passage walls and corners are the pieces I'm most excited about. I never bought the original passage sets because I just wasn't feeling the design; and they're costly since each piece uses as much plastic as a corner. I have seen how the passages actually help make for solid elevated builds, so I had been tempted to get some. I just think these new pieces are going to be so versatile, whether in rooms or hallways. 

1 person likes this

I'm excited about dungeon elevation stuff. The lack of decent elevation tools is what's kept me from getting ks1 stuff. I am also getting more excited about the passages as time goes on, but the blocks and ramps and daises have me so keen. I am already in for one elevation mega set, it's so hard to convince myself not to get even more elevations.

2 people like this

I ended the campaign with a pledge in but still in considerable uncertainty about what I'll actually pick in the pledge manager. DF KS's have way too many moving parts.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Mushu_Green said:

The campaign is over and i'm already thinking about adding the passage wall add-on in the PM

Quite a bit more expensive than just getting one of the two passage add ons, but you could also take a look at Doomrollers.  The more I looked at that encounter the more I realized it was chock full of bread and butter.  A ton of passage walls, corners and regular 2x2 floors. I'm debating on it because honestly, I wasn't all that worked up about the boulder and ramp since that's a gimmick I'd use probably no more than once a campaign, but the value still seems to be there. For me, its just about deciding whether I want a bunch of bread and butter, or if I want less BnB and some elevation stuff.

3 hours ago, Mushu_Green said:

Edited by Gargs
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Gargs said:

Quite a bit more expensive than just getting one of the two passage add ons, but you could also take a look at Doomrollers.  The more I looked at that encounter the more I realized it was chock full of bread and butter.  A ton of passage walls, corners and regular 2x2 floors. I'm debating on it because honestly, I wasn't all that worked up about the boulder and ramp since that's a gimmick I'd use probably no more than once a campaign, but the value still seems to be there. For me, its just about deciding whether I want a bunch of bread and butter, or if I want less BnB and some elevation stuff.

I am thinking I will add Acid Bath for the passage walls and the elevation stuff.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Gargs said:

This is exactly how I feel. I dropped from Level 4 to 3 to make room for Doomroller because I want that Bread & Butter. Maybe I can sell or trade away the Doomroller.  I don't dislike it, I just don't need it. I'll have to triple check this against multiple Passage Intersection packs, but I'll probably stay with this.  (Also, note there are 3 passage add-ons. They made a third one just for people who already have a ton of floors.)

1 person likes this

So they are sending out preliminary pledge manager invites and I somehow got one.  Ended up going in for a level 5 unpainted pledge with the magnets.  I'm still trying to figure out a way to push it up to a DoD before it closes, but I have a feeling I'm going to settle for just shrine as an add on instead.

I finished my PM and went from 754 to 795, so not a whole lot. I am no longer going all-in on DF, I have too much already. 

How long do we have for the PM? 

From update 32 at the bottom they are saying October 8th is when it will close.  So it'll be open for less than a month unfortunately.  

2 people like this

7 hours ago, PurpleLlama said:

From update 32 at the bottom they are saying October 8th is when it will close.  So it'll be open for less than a month unfortunately.  

Thanks! Hopefully I can scratch together enough disposable funds for what I want to add.