kodiakbear

Dwarven Forge KS5 Back to the dungeon

They are shafting Asian customers too. USA wave two starts soon and the Asian anything wave is still two weeks or so away. 

I think that's largely due to the waves of shipments going out this time.  I think if they were to ship it all in one shipment they might have had better international timing.  I know they've shipped from the US in the past, but it seems they are getting better at adjusting/tweaking over the past few years so changing that seems like it could have been on the table if everything had been manufactured on time.

I don't have a screenshot on hand, but someone posted a photo of their mine set from mantic on the DF mod group on FB, saying these would look awesome with the cavern set. Stefan replied to wait until we see KS6 ! Mines in the making for DF? Future will tell :P

On 6/30/2018 at 12:42 AM, animesensei said:

I think that's largely due to the waves of shipments going out this time.  I think if they were to ship it all in one shipment they might have had better international timing.  I know they've shipped from the US in the past, but it seems they are getting better at adjusting/tweaking over the past few years so changing that seems like it could have been on the table if everything had been manufactured on time.

That might well be, but they are counting down on their homepage to 10 days for their next KS and so far I've seen nothing, as has most no-USA country. That is called jumping the gun. :)

No backing from me on KS6, unless my KS5 is in by the end of KS6.

Edited by Maglok

1 hour ago, Maglok said:

That might well be, but they are counting down on their homepage to 10 days for their next KS and so far I've seen nothing, as has most no-USA country. That is called jumping the gun. :)

No backing from me on KS6, unless my KS5 is in by the end of KS6.

That's understandable Maglok, but since DF has run the best large KSs I have been a part of I will be trusting them.

Do what you feel is best but pledging at a small level to get you in would make sense to me, then if you like your KS5 stuff and really like what is in KS6 you can bump up in the pledge manager.  

• Like 2

Latest DF KSV shipping update: at the DF forums

• Everything has finished production.
  • NA is shipping wave 2, which is encounters 8-14 (maybe unpainted 15 and 13 part 2 according to backer shipping notices), almost all unpainted add-ons except elevation tray and emperor's palace, and some painted add-ons. Remainder arrives in 10-17 days (to US port or warehouse I'm not sure).
  • EU first shipment ship is 2-3 weeks out from Germany, contains pretty much everything NA is getting in the first two waves.
  • AU first shipment is somewhere at sea.
  • Asia will ship complete by 1st week of August.
  • Mideast 3-4 weeks out.

Lots of detail on just what's outstanding in the post.

I will do the retail math, checking to see how much the Ks saves me, and then decide if I am backing again. The fulfillment is really making me angry, as the USA is so blatently first, second and third in line. 

6 hours ago, dice4hire said:

I will do the retail math, checking to see how much the Ks saves me, and then decide if I am backing again. The fulfillment is really making me angry, as the USA is so blatently first, second and third in line. 

I think you'll get your shipment by the time we get our last round.  Asia is being pre-packed (i.e. your stuff is getting sorted and boxed near the factory) now, shipment in about 2 weeks. US final shipment arrives in 16 days (to shore or to warehouse I'm not sure, but I'm guessing shore based on timing...). Then it's a week to unpack, pack, and start shipping. Add another week in transit if the shipping estimate is sea travel only. You'll be telling us about golems and elevation and stuff that we won't see for another week...

The US has a warehousing facility that's already staffed. It's actually easier for them to get this stuff off their floor, and the overhead is relatively minimal. Paying distributors adds up...

EU are the real losers in this as they have to wait for a 5-week ship journey that might have left on Monday China time. They'll receive the equivalent of US wave 2 about the same time everyone else gets their final shipment.

From a US perspective, Kickstarter pricing is not that different than store pricing for most add-ons. The shipping, timing, and availability is where the benefit comes from most.

14 hours ago, Maglok said:

Well the update hints at maybe seeing some KS5 before end of KS6. :) I am hopeful!

Me too. 

I really want to see how well I like the Elevation platforms from KS5 before KS6 is done if it has any in a cavern style.

Elevation platforms are a big regret of mine from KS5. I just could squeeze them or terrain trays into my limited finances.