I went to IKEA tonight (December 26th) and picked up 4 more of the shelves that go inside the cabinet units. They are like $2.50 each so for $10 I became even more organized with my storage, feels good!

Here's what the cabinet units now look like and how I organized them after moving a few things around to where I felt like they made even more sense.

Cabinet #1 - WOOD! Plinths, bark, balsa, and building materials.

15589942_1069082503220839_91860054711936

Cabinet #2 - Stamping, staining, plaster, talc, hirst arts, and hot glue stuff. You can see my bits bin underneath which isn't full yet, lots of room to expand in it. I've got one of my TaoTronics lights stuck to the side of it.

15672881_1069082506554172_11496609231952

Cabinets #3 & 4 

#3 - Soaps, Resins, Sculpting putties, clays, and epoxies, water effects, oxide paste, etc. Also has the TaoTronics light mounted underneath. 

#4 - Mediums, primers, dull coat, glues, blue tack, etc.

15697978_1069082539887502_57607435622994

Cabinet #5 - Basing materials only

15698300_1069082543220835_27575178070720

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 20

Is there / will there be under-cabinet lights? If not, might I suggest setting aside a bit of budget space for them when feasible?

ETA: And because I'm dumb, I forgot the important part: Looking good! Can't wait to see more progress! ::D: 

Edited by canuckotter
  • Like 1

plan looks good but need to see some progress ..

done yet?

Thanks!

Did you say that before I edited and added to the reserved spots?

Is there / will there be under-cabinet lights? If not, might I suggest setting aside a bit of budget space for them when feasible?

ETA: And because I'm dumb, I forgot the important part: Looking good! Can't wait to see more progress! ::D:

Yeah I'm thinking of doing some under light cabinets LED strips AND/OR a bigger light that'll clamp onto the corner area of the painting spot which will be a draftsman's light, I saw some on amazon for like $100 and really liked the look of them. Right now I have 6x 6inch 90W LED daylight bulbs in the ceiling and the TaoTronics directly above my paint area, which I mounted to the bits box and under cabinet using that super strong double-sided sticky tape.

Thanks!

• Like 6

plan looks good but need to see some progress ..

done yet?

Thanks!

Did you say that before I edited and added to the reserved spots?

Yes,,,yes I did.

Now I can see some progress and I am extremely jealous!

• Like 2

Duh! Those are secret.  Looking good (for such a small place.)  My finshes are much less, but my small table is 6' x 4'  The large table is 4'x13'.  But it is in the basement, something that the don't have in your area.

• Like 3

Looks good so far and I am sure that it will be even better once you have it the way you want it.

I will say that I am more than a little jealous that your room has windows.

That is the only thing mine doesn't have that I would really like in a game room.

• Like 1

I hate you a little.  :-)  Love the room, and love the paint rack.  Is that the original Kraken one from TGJ, or is it from the newer company?

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now