I went to IKEA tonight (December 26th) and picked up 4 more of the shelves that go inside the cabinet units. They are like $2.50 each so for $10 I became even more organized with my storage, feels good!

Here's what the cabinet units now look like and how I organized them after moving a few things around to where I felt like they made even more sense.

Cabinet #1 - WOOD! Plinths, bark, balsa, and building materials.

15589942_1069082503220839_91860054711936

Cabinet #2 - Stamping, staining, plaster, talc, hirst arts, and hot glue stuff. You can see my bits bin underneath which isn't full yet, lots of room to expand in it. I've got one of my TaoTronics lights stuck to the side of it.

15672881_1069082506554172_11496609231952

Cabinets #3 & 4 

#3 - Soaps, Resins, Sculpting putties, clays, and epoxies, water effects, oxide paste, etc. Also has the TaoTronics light mounted underneath. 

#4 - Mediums, primers, dull coat, glues, blue tack, etc.

15697978_1069082539887502_57607435622994

Cabinet #5 - Basing materials only

15698300_1069082543220835_27575178070720

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 20

Is there / will there be under-cabinet lights? If not, might I suggest setting aside a bit of budget space for them when feasible?

ETA: And because I'm dumb, I forgot the important part: Looking good! Can't wait to see more progress! ::D: 

Edited by canuckotter
  • Like 1

plan looks good but need to see some progress ..

done yet?

Thanks!

Did you say that before I edited and added to the reserved spots?

Is there / will there be under-cabinet lights? If not, might I suggest setting aside a bit of budget space for them when feasible?

ETA: And because I'm dumb, I forgot the important part: Looking good! Can't wait to see more progress! ::D:

Yeah I'm thinking of doing some under light cabinets LED strips AND/OR a bigger light that'll clamp onto the corner area of the painting spot which will be a draftsman's light, I saw some on amazon for like $100 and really liked the look of them. Right now I have 6x 6inch 90W LED daylight bulbs in the ceiling and the TaoTronics directly above my paint area, which I mounted to the bits box and under cabinet using that super strong double-sided sticky tape.

Thanks!

• Like 6

plan looks good but need to see some progress ..

done yet?

Thanks!

Did you say that before I edited and added to the reserved spots?

Yes,,,yes I did.

Now I can see some progress and I am extremely jealous!

• Like 2

Duh! Those are secret.  Looking good (for such a small place.)  My finshes are much less, but my small table is 6' x 4'  The large table is 4'x13'.  But it is in the basement, something that the don't have in your area.

• Like 3

Looks good so far and I am sure that it will be even better once you have it the way you want it.

I will say that I am more than a little jealous that your room has windows.

That is the only thing mine doesn't have that I would really like in a game room.

• Like 1

I hate you a little.  :-)  Love the room, and love the paint rack.  Is that the original Kraken one from TGJ, or is it from the newer company?

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SilenzZzz
      Good day, i have been painting for a little while, but recently i have tried to push myself further... this is my second mini to do for LGS painting contest (i won the first one they did) .... have about a week left to finish him. so i am planning a little more highlights and more work on the weapons....

if it wasn't for a local friend i would still be painting in blocked colors and calling it done, but he keeps pushing me to try more hah! 

i am open for input and criticism on him... :)

• By Silvervane
      Ok, Here I go starting another WIP.  I had the hankering for Frostgrave only no one around who wanted to try.  So I decide to finally give the Dark Alchemy solo scenarios a try.  I had skeletons, rats, and a stand-in for the alchemical monstrosity.  I looked around and thought, hey those WWWOZ Tin man painted up red and gold would look cool as the FIre-Flingers for the final scenarios.  I also decided I only wanted to paint them as gaming pieces.  I haven't really posted anything cause my camera broke, and I really haven't wanted to pick up another.  So I'm starting this WIP to practice with my phone camera, as well as post here a little more often.

Here was the first of four I need for the scenario, as it stands at the moment.  Photo work still in progress as well:

Unfortunately, I had a TPK in scenario 2.  The scenario called for Wizard or Apprentice and 4 of soldiers for the mission.  They all went down, and I rolled unbelievable less than 5 for all of them on the survival roll.  I'm less than inspired to complete these guys now.  but I'll carry on and hope that the apprentice can survive the final encounter with whats left of the warband when I finish.
    • By dks
      Sorry for being away from the Forum for so long.

So ... how does one pronounce "peryton"? 
      I've usually said it like "keratin" (stress on the first syllable), but I suppose it could rhyme with "enlighten" (stress on the second syllable) instead.
      I realized only weeks ago that I had been mispronouncing "wyvern" all my life, and the first syllable is long like "five", not short like "shiv".

Anyway...
      I taught a class called "Fur, Feathers, and Scales" class at ReaperCon 2018.
      I used the Bones peryton as a demonstration, because of the big feathered wings.
      The first-edition Monster Manual gives the coloration of a peryton as blue-black head, black horns, green wings, and blue chest (male) or drab chest (female).
      I showed my students pictures of real hawks and falcons, most of which have dark tips on their wing feathers, and sometimes a series of dark stripes. 
      Then I painted one of the peryton's wings to have stripes like that (black on green).

Now I've decided to paint the whole figure, to at least a good tabletop standard.
      I attached it to a 50mm round base, sculpted some extra rocks, and sculpted the skeleton of a past victim (a Reaper pewter skull, plus bones made from putty).
      Perytons bite the hearts out of their prey, so I made the skeleton's ribcage open/broken in front.

Here's how my version looked after I spent 2 hours slapping on Black Brush-on Primer and White Brush-on Primer, to establish the overall values.
      The primer didn't fully cover the striped green wing from my ReaperCon class.

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By FireImp
      Here’s my next big project, a 1984 Ral Partha dragon. This old fellow was in pieces when I received him, and painted. I’ve cleaned him up, removed the old epoxy glue, pinned him back together, and tonight realized it looks like he’s rising out of the water. He needs a bigger base, which I have (75x46mm oval). But I have never done any basing, and I’d like to create a base that extends the appearance of water. I have no idea how to do that, so any and all suggestions and illustrations are welcome!

• By Xiwo Xerase
      This was originally not one a mini I planned to paint.  However, I got two in an auction lot and the base fits well with one of my few base stamps (in this case, the Happy Seppuku Stone Shore stamp) so... why not?

(click for larger versions)

This is the state she is in now.  She's been primed and a thin coat of Brown Liner (1 part Wash Medium, 1 part Brown Liner, 1 part water) has been painted on top to bring out details.  (I found a mold line I missed on the side of her knee and relined her legs with a thicker coat of Brown Liner, because I forgot the original mix.  The thicker mix is not likely to obscure detail when painting but it does make it harder to see in these pictures.  Oops.)

(Note to self: Get a non-grey background for these pictures in the future.)

I've decided her doublet, pants, boots, and gloves are leather.  Her doublet and pants are stitched in the front and are worn over more normal clothes.  (Both her doublet and pants have obvious stitching in the front and the alternative is undesirable in a family friendly environment.)  Her shirt includes her loose poofy sleeves.  (Which are probably good for a rogue since they mask the shape of her arms.)  I believe the most interesting detail missing from her store page is her knife holster on her left leg.

I wasn't entirely sure what to use for colors so I did a mockup using my paint program.  The knife in her holster will not be visible from this side but I included them to get an idea for how they would look.

(click for a larger version)

The current colors are: (all paints are Reaper MSP or Bones)
      Skin: Youthful Flesh Hair: Blond Hair Doublet, boots, and knife handles: Ruddy Leather Pants and gloves: Nut Brown Belt, stitches, and other leather accents: Leather Brown Shirt and sleeves: Dark Elf Skin Blades: This is one of the colors from the Blade Steel swatch Floor: Dungeon Grey  
      The focuses for this mini are her face, her hair, textures (leather and wood), and NMM for the metal bits.  Let's see how this goes.
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 0 Anonymous, 83 Guests (See full list)