Inarah

3782 Spirit of Autumn

She is a LOVELY creation...such a sweet expressive face. Along with the FINE brushwork & basing, your choice of colors is BEAUTIFUL.  VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks. I felt a little heavy handed on the face. Probably time to stop using those dollar store brushes. 

• Like 4

Very nice indeed.. However a good brush (I have discovered after many hours of anguish) will certainly up the ante, do not hesitate.

Dollar store brushes as in synthetic/taklon?  They must not be too bad to get the results you've been getting.  Have you ever used a better brush?  If not, you owe it to yourself to try them out.  I think my Kolinsky brushes make painting more enjoyable and improve the results.

Lovely colour choice, Please, invest in some quality brushes, life is too short for crap brushes. Lol. You will not believe the difference it will make, you paint too well, to have a synthetic brush hold you back....you'll wonder why you waited.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week, I painted Kassandra of the Blade from the Bones 3 Core Set.   A couple weeks ago, I found myself painting up a Disney Monopoly Snow White figure to command a unit of Dwarf Miners (Long story you can read about here: Princess Snow), and I was really struck by the simple but effective primary color scheme of Snow White's outfit.  I immediately decided I wanted to paint a Bones female fighter figure with the same palette.

So, I pawed through my boxes of unpainted Bones, and fell upon Kassandra of the Blade as the most suitable of what I had.    The one thing I didn't like about her was the dual-wielding of swords.  So I decided to chop off her left hand and replace it before I started painting her.
            Then came the decision of what to replace it with.  I considered a shield for a while, then in looking through my box of Bones transplant donors I came across Sarah the Seeress, whose staff had gone to make my Highland Heroine into a Frostgrave Appentice, leaving her with just her left hand holding an orb of some sort. At first I thought, no, why would Snow White be holding a crystal ball; but then it hit me: paint it like an apple.      So it was an easy matter to cut off Kssandra's left hand at the wrist and glue on Sarah's hand with the orb.

And here's the final result.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and probably it's one of the best faces I've done to date.

Fhttp://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/07/kassandra-of-blade-bones-3-figure.htmlull painting article on my blog:  
    • By giyomuSan
      Hi, continuing with the wizkids ( still 2 remaining to finish the batch I ordered ^^ ) but I just received some new Bones today , finally :D

Anyway , just finshed one of the 2 elfes female paladin.

• By Pingo
      This is an old Ral Partha Shadowrun figure, now sold by Ironwind Metals as part of the set 20-568, Male and Female Bodyguards. We're using her for a Vampire: The Masquerade character.

I liked her Old School late 20th century futurism look.

There is very little actual black on her. Most of that is lots of other colors, mixed.

There is no WIP thread, but questions and comments are welcome.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)