Inarah

3782 Spirit of Autumn

She is a LOVELY creation...such a sweet expressive face. Along with the FINE brushwork & basing, your choice of colors is BEAUTIFUL.  VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks. I felt a little heavy handed on the face. Probably time to stop using those dollar store brushes. 

• Like 4

Very nice indeed.. However a good brush (I have discovered after many hours of anguish) will certainly up the ante, do not hesitate.

Dollar store brushes as in synthetic/taklon?  They must not be too bad to get the results you've been getting.  Have you ever used a better brush?  If not, you owe it to yourself to try them out.  I think my Kolinsky brushes make painting more enjoyable and improve the results.

Lovely colour choice, Please, invest in some quality brushes, life is too short for crap brushes. Lol. You will not believe the difference it will make, you paint too well, to have a synthetic brush hold you back....you'll wonder why you waited.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By buckyball
      Here is a miniature i am working on.

My plan is to paint it like a queen from a playing card. I am thinking of calling it a queen snake.

buckyball

• By Glitterwolf
      So back to reposting my minis after the account crash.

This is Freebooter winged Vampire Raven, sh swoops down from this ruin to attack Hasslefree's Gen.
      I removed Gen's horns, I wanted her to look more human.

Gen's pics are linked cause, nude...mammal parts,

I like the wings, but overall I'm not so proud of this.
      Around this time ( years ago) I noticed my eyesight getting worse.
      Nowadays I use a visor.

https://postimg.org/image/ef2n7zl6d/

https://postimg.org/image/dcsgpgpid/

https://postimg.org/image/5k1sxhbth/

https://postimg.org/image/d012j9rt1/

• By EldritchEladrin
      Hello all,

Starting a new WIP for a mini I'm working on for one of the players in my D&D 5e campaign.

One of her characters is a Tiefling Eldritch Knight, so I have selected the glaive-weilding S'Kara to be the starting point for this project...

As you can see, I have just begun. I have primed the mini, and used a pair of pliers to slightly curve her horns, to achieve a more ram-like, less devil-like look.

I'm currently in the process of selecting colours for the cloth portion of her outfit. Any suggestions or ideas? (Fyi, she will have dark brown hair and olive skin).

As always, comments and constructive feedback are always welcome! 

-E.E.
    • By Pingo
      (Note: I actually started these a while back, though they are not done yet. This is a bit less of a WIP thread than a how-I-got-here-so-far thread, which I will update as I get my old pictures organized. Questions and comments and critiques are, as always, welcome.)

Last summer Bad Squiddo Games hosted a brief Kickstarter, "My Last Sunrise," of an assortment of Gothic horror minis centered around vampires. These two stood out to me as a little beyond the Hammer horror ethos of most of the other figures. While I was painting them I thought of them as "Feral Vampires," although when I just rechecked they are called "Vampire Thralls."

I dunno. They don't look very thrall-like to me.

Their tag line in the Kickstarter was "Float about in my night dress cooing for scraps? No way. I hunt my own meal."

Anyhow, they have a fun, odd, lady pirate or highwayman look.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is a slight deviation from how I prime figures. Normally I prime them with Titanium White (which I did here) and then wash over them with Burnt Umber to bring out the details. These I wanted kind of cold-looking, so I washed them with a cold dark grey mixed from Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Blue.

That's them on the left. For a while I was including Bad Squiddo's "Dracula" in the photos, so you get a free peek at that too.

And as per usual, the first thing I did was their skin. In contrast to the skin of living humans, I have been painting vampire skin in stark black-and-white mixed from Titanium White and Carbon Black. The very first layer is thinned Titanium White, then pale shadows of the lightest grey.

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my entry in the Miniature Monthly End of Year Competition. It is a beautiful sculpt that was fun to paint. I had to do a desert theme due to playing Assassin’s Creed Origins inbetween painting sessions and I couldn’t get the light brown with blue color scheme out of my head. I am really happy with her skin although her left thigh looks really flat in the photo.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• Who's Online   38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)