Chris Palmer

Frostgrave Campaign 2017

Great report and photos, Knabe!    

I like how you make your sudden and inevitable betrayal sound so innocent.    I do not think your war hound was simply looking for scooby-snacks! :lol:

Really looking forward to the big showdown this Saturday.  Will we be able to crush the Lich Lord and his hordes of minions?   And, more importantly, who will stab who in the back!  :ph34r:

• Like 1

We played the final battle of the Lich Lord book this past Saturday!  

It as a fun game, though very frustrating, as I had one of those days that justify my Reaper God status. ::(:

Quail's report has been posted:  The FInal Battle

"...As Bailey finished the spell, she felt a stab of excruciating fire in her side, and she cried out in shock and pain.   Looking down she saw the spike of a Bone Dart protruding from just under her ribcage on the right side.  Bailey felt faint, and the ground beneath her feet seemed to roll and pitch. As she tried to stay conscious,  a second stab of pain shot through her left shoulder, and through blurry eyes, she turned her head to see a crossbow bolt from one of Gru's Marksmen sticking at an angle into her arm.  Her eyes lost focus, the world gave a last roll beneath her feet, and her body pitched  backwards into her Fog wall as all went black..."

FG11.4.001.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_255c.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lvl 33 is quite impressive. 

Looked like a good game, too bad the pre-programmed bbg didn't do its job and destroy people the way one would think.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaoshead said:

Lvl 33 is quite impressive. 

Looked like a good game, too bad the pre-programmed bbg didn't do its job and destroy people the way one would think.

Thanks, Chaoshead!  

Though I can't imagine how high Bemis is now after killing the Lich Lord and looting his HQ of almost all it's treasure.  He was higher than me going into the game.

I don't think more than a handful of our soldiers died at the hands of the many Lich Lord minions.  But in a situation where we have access to missile weapons (many of them magical) and they do not have them, their odds are never going to be that good.   As far as the Lich Lord goes,  it could have been a bit of a different story if the rolls for his Elemental Bolts had been better (we took turns rolling for him).  He hit every time I think, and he got of 5 or 6 shots before we swarmed him;  but none of the effect rolls did damage, except for the one that hit Bemis.    I also think it would have been different if Bemis' Captain, a figure that's been honing his skills since game one,  had not been there with all his special abilities.

If I had it to do over again, I think we should have multiplied the number of Lich Lords x3, like we did with all the minions.  If we were actually facing some sort of Lich Lord Triumvirate, it would have been a much more challenging and deadly battle. And it wouldn't have been so easy for 6 wizards and warbands to overwhelm him. 

• Like 1

A rather enjoyable, though as you said, anticlimactic ending to the adventures.  I have a captain in my warband and she is a massive beast of pure destruction.

It's really been fun watching Quail and Bailey on their adventures as they and their crew have grown and developed.  Am I correct in assuming you'll be playing them again in the Christmas adventure, or will the Christmas adventure be your test run of Ghost Archipelago? 

Speaking of, I'll be interested to see how things go with your Ghost Archipelago campaign!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pippin said:

A rather enjoyable, though as you said, anticlimactic ending to the adventures.  I have a captain in my warband and she is a massive beast of pure destruction.

It's really been fun watching Quail and Bailey on their adventures as they and their crew have grown and developed.  Am I correct in assuming you'll be playing them again in the Christmas adventure, or will the Christmas adventure be your test run of Ghost Archipelago? 

Speaking of, I'll be interested to see how things go with your Ghost Archipelago campaign!

Thanks, Pippin!  I’m so glad to hear you’ve enjoyed my reports on my spellcasters’ expeditions  It’s been fun writing them.  Yes, they will return and will be making their last outing into the frozen city next month before heading back, along with Sir Cardidil, to the mundane life of the University.    

December’s game is going to be a double header though, and after we finish the Frostgrave game we are resetting the table and going to have our trial game of Ghost Archipelago.

Glad also to hear you’re looking forward to the next Campaign!  I am too. ::):

• Like 1

Great report and photos, Knabe!  I enjoyed seeing the numbers crunched for your Captain’s one whack take down of the Lich Lord.  

Also it was quite amazing how the victory experience points added up!  That’s quite for a level for Bemis to have achieved!

We played the final game of our 2017 Frostgrave Campaign on Saturday December 9th.   Like we did last year, we combined it with a little Christmas party. ::):   We decided to do a Christmas themed scenario this year called, "Red Sled Down", which featured Santa's Sleigh breaking up over Frostgrave and scattering it's contents, including Mr and Mrs Claus, all over a section of the city.  This loot has attracted a band of Goblins, as well as a bunch of the usual Wizards...

Quails report has been posted: The Last Excursion

" ...Quail was horrified to see the Fog Wall suddenly vaporizing into misty tendrils while she looked at it. (Gru's Apprentice uses Dispel Magic).  As the last wisps of vapor drifted in the cold air, the Siglist suddenly realized she was looking directly at a Marksman with a crossbow a short distance past where the Fog Wall had been. She then heard the distinctive sharp sound of the weapon being fired..."

fullsizeoutput_27a3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2737.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_274d.jpeg

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Knabe said:

You got yours completed before me again....or should I say as usual.

Great report.

Knabe

Thanks, Knabe!  

Yes, I was surprised you hadn't posted yours over the weekend...  

I'm working on my Ghost Archipelago write-up now.

Excellent write up and, as always, I'm glad that you do these.  It makes it easier for someone like me to figure out the campaigns and how to make them work when there's just me and my boys.  Thank you for doing these, and for making them so very entertaining, all of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Darkmeer said:

Excellent write up and, as always, I'm glad that you do these.  It makes it easier for someone like me to figure out the campaigns and how to make them work when there's just me and my boys.  Thank you for doing these, and for making them so very entertaining, all of you.

Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our reports, Darkmeer!    I'm so glad to hear that you are finding them beneficial to your own efforts as well as being entertaining! ::): 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2017 at 5:56 AM, Chris Palmer said:

Thank you for the kind remarks regarding our reports, Darkmeer!    I'm so glad to hear that you are finding them beneficial to your own efforts as well as being entertaining! ::): 

It's always a good read and you have such a good group.  If I ever get out your way, I'd love to just sit and watch a game.  You look like you all have a wonderful time!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Darkmeer said:

It's always a good read and you have such a good group.  If I ever get out your way, I'd love to just sit and watch a game.  You look like you all have a wonderful time!

Thanks!  Yes, I am blessed with a pretty good group to game with.  

Let me know if you're ever in the central MD area, and I'll see what I can arrange. ::):

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 1