Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aard_Rinn

Question about WH40K Space Wolves: Fenrisian Wolf Pack

11 posts in this topic

One of the things I've been struggling with as I assemble my hoards of D&D minis is getting wolves. High-quality, diverse wolf sculpts are actually pretty hard to find, I'm finding - I want a good-sized pack, and while I love Reaper's three-wolf pack in pewter, they're a little smol and gentle looking for my tastes...

So I've been booping around Amazon looking for something to burn a giftcard on, and I found something called the Space Wolves: Fenrisian Wolf Pack. This:

99120101092_FenrisianWolfPackNEW01.jpg

They look... pretty good, and @ 20$ for 5 they're more expensive than bones but cheaper than pewter (and a steal @ GW prices!)

So... has anyone seen/used these? How do they measure up next to Reaper's stuff? I don't mind if they're a little hulking, but they come with 40mm bases, so they sound pretty giant? I do love that there are 5 sculpts though - that's really, really handy, since I'd probably want a good-sized pack...

If anyone has a ref. of them next to a Reaper fig, or could take one, I would love you forever~!

1 person likes this

They are big. More along the size of dire wolves... Large size in DND/Pathfinder terms. 

5b0559aefa.jpg5b05dbe230.jpg

the smaller wolf is the DnD prepaint on a 25mm base and is medium size... 

Edited by Smokestack
2 people like this

They're pretty nice, but like SmokeStack has shown, they're fething HUGE!

1 person likes this

A dire wolfpack with these would be awesome, and a terrifying encounter...

1 person likes this

They look great, but indeed more Dire Wolves or Wargs then normal Wolves.

Alrighty! I have PLACED THE ORDER! Thanks for all the help guys - these look a little big for real wolves, but perfect for dire wolves, so I've got some really good encounters planned up for them :D And two of them are going to be fire elementals, which will be fun!

4 people like this

Alrighty! I have PLACED THE ORDER! Thanks for all the help guys - these look a little big for real wolves, but perfect for dire wolves, so I've got some really good encounters planned up for them :D And two of them are going to be fire elementals, which will be fun!

Do show them when painted!

1 person likes this

Wolf fire elementals? That sounds interesting.

Neat!

I have a box of these :D They're awesome. I will say this, without hopefully getting too much into debate about GW pricing etc: for their cost, they do really really good work, well worth it imo. There's some great detail on these.

Mine are eventually going towards Goblin riders I think, one of those backburner projects.

Be great to see how you paint yours up!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lowlylowlycook
      Against all expectations, I'm getting back into 40K.  This is because, against all expectations, some fine friendly folks are opening a FLGS that's actually local to me.  That is, it's in the small town I live in.

Activity is mostly been MTG and other card games along with 40K.  Since they are just starting out they don't really have any terrain to play with.  As it happens, I dont' have lot of stuff for 40K unless the battle is being fought on a planet that just happens to resemble the Ethiopian countryside.  However, I have way too much "possible terrain stuff"/junk laying about so I figure I could knock some things out for people to use at the store.

Here are some trees I put together (bases will be done later):

Other plans are

To copy Chris Palmer's board game punchout ruins.  So sad about all the punchouts I have thrown away.. Add some Deadzone terrain bits to a styrofoam packing shape to make a bunker. Build some of the Deadzone terrain as scatter terrain.  Maybe make a tower and some barriers?  
      Any other ideas for quick, cheap, hard wearing 40K terrain are definitely welcome!

• By Arc 724
      So I finally got this book and began prepping the miniature that came with it. I'm really impressed with the design of the new Primaris. Very well done.

To start I felt like the over all miniature needed some more weight to it. I mixed up some sculpty and green stuff and filled in his base and pressed the remaining into his back. It still fits together cause there is a lot of hollow space in him. The only reason I knew it was light was they had a few on display at the Games Workshop store so I got to pick one up.

• By SirLarpsAlot
      I've been working on some bigger projects and have been really bogged down with some of them. I decided to test out some snow following one of Mr. Justin's two minute tutorials. In order to give it a fair test, I painted up a Vahallan Heavy Bolter team. I did this to work on some leather texturing techniques I've been trying to perfect. So a lot of different things going on in this piece here. My color scheme is roughly following the Stalingrad army. I've been working off one of the Osprey books about the battle and have found it very useful.

I'm pretty pleased with the results. The snow looks fantastic (I think anyway, I'm biased). I need to remember to spray seal the figures before I put them on the base.

• By Lidless Eye
      To add to the number of projects I'm falling behind on, I picked up the new 40k boxed set, "Dark Imperium":

I'm really liking what I've seen for the new 40k, and although I haven't gotten a real game in in a long time, I've played Nurgle Chaos Space Marines for a long time.  It's really cool to seem Marines the size they're supposed to be.

I skipped over assembly photos, and went straight to the drybrushed armor.  I think there's some shoulders and skin done in this photo, too:

I haven't even primed the Poxwalkers yet.  I already have a ton of modern/sci-fi zombie types, and while I do plan on using the new sculpts, I want to convert the second half a bit before I paint them.

You can see my previous project, the poor Cave Goblins (of The Hobbit films), literally pushed to the side.  I may work on them as a co-project, as they would make great Poxwalkers!
    • By Garomero
      Hey guys been away for a while with a severe illness however am slowly getting back on the horse through much pestering by a dear friend! I have painted a Black reach Ork warboss in Evil sunz colours and added small details to his surroundings. Using milliput I made vines with venus fly trap heads! also added a couple of skaven mini rats to the base! I hope you like my submission and as always comments are welcomed and gladly received!

• Who's Online   49 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)