Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

Question about WH40K Space Wolves: Fenrisian Wolf Pack

One of the things I've been struggling with as I assemble my hoards of D&D minis is getting wolves. High-quality, diverse wolf sculpts are actually pretty hard to find, I'm finding - I want a good-sized pack, and while I love Reaper's three-wolf pack in pewter, they're a little smol and gentle looking for my tastes...

So I've been booping around Amazon looking for something to burn a giftcard on, and I found something called the Space Wolves: Fenrisian Wolf Pack. This:

99120101092_FenrisianWolfPackNEW01.jpg

They look... pretty good, and @ 20$ for 5 they're more expensive than bones but cheaper than pewter (and a steal @ GW prices!)

So... has anyone seen/used these? How do they measure up next to Reaper's stuff? I don't mind if they're a little hulking, but they come with 40mm bases, so they sound pretty giant? I do love that there are 5 sculpts though - that's really, really handy, since I'd probably want a good-sized pack...

If anyone has a ref. of them next to a Reaper fig, or could take one, I would love you forever~!

• Like 1

They are big. More along the size of dire wolves... Large size in DND/Pathfinder terms. 

5b0559aefa.jpg5b05dbe230.jpg

the smaller wolf is the DnD prepaint on a 25mm base and is medium size... 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 2

They look great, but indeed more Dire Wolves or Wargs then normal Wolves.

Alrighty! I have PLACED THE ORDER! Thanks for all the help guys - these look a little big for real wolves, but perfect for dire wolves, so I've got some really good encounters planned up for them :D And two of them are going to be fire elementals, which will be fun!

• Like 4

Alrighty! I have PLACED THE ORDER! Thanks for all the help guys - these look a little big for real wolves, but perfect for dire wolves, so I've got some really good encounters planned up for them :D And two of them are going to be fire elementals, which will be fun!

Do show them when painted!

• Like 1

I have a box of these :D They're awesome. I will say this, without hopefully getting too much into debate about GW pricing etc: for their cost, they do really really good work, well worth it imo. There's some great detail on these.

Mine are eventually going towards Goblin riders I think, one of those backburner projects.

Be great to see how you paint yours up!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arc 724
      Primaris Space Marine (Warhammer 40,000)
      by Games Workshop

This was my first warhammer figure I've ever done. I've always enjoyed the theme of the game but never really like the Space Marines because they are to short. When I saw these new, taller, ones I actually got excited to paint one. The height on these guys are amazing. They really have a better feel about them. The issue was that I only wanted to paint one (for now) and that is when a friendly forumnite told me about this book they just released "Getting Started with Warhammer 40,000." I jumped at the chance at the book comes with one miniature on a nice base for only $15. I called my local GW store and they saved it for me. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to just paint a miniature and not spend loads of cash on a single miniature or a three pack. 

I decided to go with a blood angel look for this guy. But I wanted to make it look a little unique so I did those grey chevrons on the shoulder and knee. This was also the first time I've done battle damage like you see here. It was FAR easier than I thought and the look is wonderful! I was very happy the way it turned out. 

With this guy I did fill in the base with GreenStuff to give the model a little bit more weight. You can see that in the WIP below. 

Thanks for the support.  

WORK-N-PROGRESS for this piece.
    • By Lidless Eye
      A raiding of Rad Wasters and a gobbledegook of Goblins.

All are converted from "The Hobbit: Escape from Goblin Town". I can see these filling a large number of roles; Goblins, Mutants, Poxwalkers, Ghouls, or more!

Except for the Overseer and Goblin boss, all minis have been converted.  Even the fantasy/feudal 40k gobbo-mutants have had weapon swaps at the least; I don't care for doubles and had already painted their base sculpt back in the summer:

First, we have the Rad Wasters!

I forgot to take a shot of the last one with the others.  I guess he managed to sneak into the Goblin cave!

• By Pingo
      These are Reaper's 02830: Wolf Pack, sculpted by Geoff Valley. They are mounted on one-inch fender washers.

I painted them for versatility, which is why there is a variety of color and base types.

Detailed WIP thread here.
    • By Pingo
      These gorgeous wolves (Thunderbolt Mountain 8560) are the nicest giant wolf sculpts I have ever seen. They are by the legendary Tom Meier.

IMPORTANT: TOM MEIER IS CLOSING HIS THUNDERBOLT MOUNTAIN STORE DEC. 25 OF THIS YEAR, SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, GO THERE NOW!

They are pretty big.  I mounted them on 1.5" fender washers for extra stability.  Tom Meier sells optional goblin riders for them.

WIP thread with extensive color notes, painting details, and comparison to other wolf figures here.

• By Pingo
      I had these in an RAFM blister and as I recall their bases said RAFM (I glued them to 1.5-inch fender washers for stability). I haven't been able to identify them.  They look like the sorts of giant wolves that are ridden by goblins.

I am not sure where they came from.  Well, apart from RAFM, obviously.

They are pretty big.  Here's a size comparison with the RAFM one on the far right:

Left to right these are: a wolf from Reaper 02830; a wolf from Reaper 77176; Reaper 03682 Willow Greenivy; a giant wolf from Thunderbolt Mountain 8560; and an RAFM mystery wolf.

I painted them as several different types of wolf, one with a snow base and two with grassy bases, for multiple uses. Their bases are 1.5".

Extensive WIP with lots of color mixing and technique notes here.
  • Who's Online   52 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)