Sign in to follow this  

Question about WH40K Space Wolves: Fenrisian Wolf Pack

One of the things I've been struggling with as I assemble my hoards of D&D minis is getting wolves. High-quality, diverse wolf sculpts are actually pretty hard to find, I'm finding - I want a good-sized pack, and while I love Reaper's three-wolf pack in pewter, they're a little smol and gentle looking for my tastes...

So I've been booping around Amazon looking for something to burn a giftcard on, and I found something called the Space Wolves: Fenrisian Wolf Pack. This:

They look... pretty good, and @ 20$ for 5 they're more expensive than bones but cheaper than pewter (and a steal @ GW prices!)

So... has anyone seen/used these? How do they measure up next to Reaper's stuff? I don't mind if they're a little hulking, but they come with 40mm bases, so they sound pretty giant? I do love that there are 5 sculpts though - that's really, really handy, since I'd probably want a good-sized pack...

If anyone has a ref. of them next to a Reaper fig, or could take one, I would love you forever~!

• Like 1

They are big. More along the size of dire wolves... Large size in DND/Pathfinder terms. 

the smaller wolf is the DnD prepaint on a 25mm base and is medium size... 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 2

Alrighty! I have PLACED THE ORDER! Thanks for all the help guys - these look a little big for real wolves, but perfect for dire wolves, so I've got some really good encounters planned up for them :D And two of them are going to be fire elementals, which will be fun!

• Like 4

Alrighty! I have PLACED THE ORDER! Thanks for all the help guys - these look a little big for real wolves, but perfect for dire wolves, so I've got some really good encounters planned up for them :D And two of them are going to be fire elementals, which will be fun!

Do show them when painted!

• Like 1

I have a box of these :D They're awesome. I will say this, without hopefully getting too much into debate about GW pricing etc: for their cost, they do really really good work, well worth it imo. There's some great detail on these.

Mine are eventually going towards Goblin riders I think, one of those backburner projects.

Be great to see how you paint yours up!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      The painting funk has lasted for 4 months, and I need to get my cranium out of my anal orifice and start painting again....
      Posted Thursday at 09:46 PM So....
      While on the hangouts with some folks that play 40K, we have been talking about stuff, and I went to look for a figure that I knew I had, and didn't want, that @Chaoswolf thought was cool, and found the following:

Now this is the basis for my mechanical Obliterators that I painted way back in 2003? and brought to Reapercon last year

where they got a silver medal in the open category
      Speaking with one of the judges afterwards (@dks) we discussed them, and the painting dragged them down, as I said old paintjob...
      Well, with my painting funk in its 4th month, I was thinking that maybe, I could re do a new one from scratch, and with all the sculpting things I have learned, as well as painting techniques, I might be able to do better...
      Now Reaper forbids entering the same piece twice, but this would be a reprisal of something I did years ago....
      Would this be legal as a new entry?
      @Heisler care to comment?
      @Heisler's response
      As long as the entry is an entirely new piece and not one of those three then it would be a perfectly legal entry.
      My response...
      thanks @Heisler
      really hoping this will kick out the brain weasel painting funk!
      For some reason, I couldn't cross quote so....
      It's gonna be ugly for a while....
      the raw components:

lots and lots of surface grinding with the Dremel tool, and sore fingers.....
      But hopefully, I've learne a bit about painting and sculpting since I did those guys, and this time, there will be only one....
    • By Guildenstern
      Haven't been able to get my lights out, I want to do some close up of some of these guys but here is their group shots. If/when I do, I'll update this thread :) 

I did want to do a bit more detail on them but honestly I'm suffering from can't see syndrome so I left it for now. Maybe when my eyes improve I can get some more done on them. 
    • By Rat13
      Yesterday I went to my best friend's birthday party. For anyone who saw my post about Song of Blades and Heroes this is the same friend I've been playing that with. He probably wouldn't have had a birthday party if not for his girlfriend but I think he had a good time. She had the great idea to have a gaming party (specifically tabletop) since lately with a little push from me he's been getting into them.
      Between my wife and I we have quite a few games. In the end we brought Song of Blades and Heroes, What Do You Meme, Disturbed Friends, Star Realms, Munchkin, and by special request even though we knew we weren't going to play it Risk. These were just the games we brought though, almost everyone brought at least one game. Oddly enough the only games that were actually played were Song of Blades and Heroes, Twister, Chess, and Friday the 13th on XBox. So it was a pretty eclectic game night.
      Now we're getting to the meat of this post. Since I was bringing a miniature skirmish game I decided to bring all my painted miniatures to show to a friend who is thinking about painting. When I pulled out all of my completed pieces he insisted I show them to one of his friends who was also at the party. 
      I showed off my work and ended up talking with this guy for about an hour. We talked painting, Wargamming, role playing games, and what we were currently playing. As we talked he admired the GW Cadiens I had finished. 
      He told me years ago he had played Warhammer 40K. This of course lead to a long discussion about GW. The one thing that kept coming up though was his desire to play again but his reluctance to do so. I've met quite a few old 40K players recently and I've noticed that so many of them would love to play again but don't. 
      I know 40K is expensive and time consuming but I've never encountered a game with some many old players unwilling to return. This game seems to have cornered the market on players unwilling to return.
      Is it just the expense and time consumption keeping them away? Are there any other games out there with this same problem?
    • By Pingo
      These are what I finished painting this year, a year that was somewhat abbreviated by world events. Really, this is what I painted in the last six months, since political dismay kept me from the miniatures table for approximately eight months after the last US Presidential election.
      This year I painted my first Reaper Warlord figures who were also my first oversized werewolves, 77754 the Rageclaw Slayer, and 77755, Aislinn, Shadow Tracker.
      Nearly everything I painted was for the White Wolf World of Darkness and Exalted.

Left to Right Links:

Left to Right Links:

Link for Five Figures:

Left to Right Links:

Left to Right Links:

Top to Bottom Links:

Left to Right Links:

If you would like to see how I originally intended to show everything (without all the links), here's all of them in order behind a spoiler:
    • By Guildenstern
      This is an older GW kit, little out of scale with the newer ones, so it's a good bit smaller. But anyway I present the Warbuggy! This is one of 3 I'm working on, the other two I've converted heavily and hopefully will be done to show you soon

• Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)