Try to do 4 minis this month.

Overall I'd like to break 50 for the year. Came close last year!

• Like 8

Man, you guys are starting off 2017 fierce!! 

I am too - I'm giving myself an "Art Boot Camp." January is figure drawing and finishing up anatomy.

And I'm hoping to see some green stuff on my desk by summer.... :) 

• Like 9

I just moved into a new house, and finally set up my new desk area. I still need to unpack most of my hobby stuff and organize it all, so that, plus paint at least one mini, is my goal for this month.

Meager, but needed to get me back into the groove since my stuff has been packed up and in boxes for awhile.

Edit: Now having an entire finished basement dedicated to gaming and hobby stuff is blowing my mind.

Edited by Ravendas
  • Like 10

For January, I would like to get a couple more Frostgrave figures done by the 14th, for our new campaign, at least a new wizard and apprentice. They should be primed tonight. I also would like to finish another handful of science fiction figures (I've got six more primed, all various Bones), so that we can give Rogue Stars a proper try. If that isn't enough, I'd like to get some of the Dark Ages figures I want for Saga done.

• Like 8

My goal for 2017 is to paint 120 minis (where each SKU counts as one) (I did 112 in 2016, so this is just a slight push from that).

So for January I need to paint 11 minis to stay on schedule. 3 down so far...

77336 Stone Giant

77336 Stone Giant

14329 Street Thug, Mercenaries Grunt

In work:

77106 Beorogg Blackrime, Frost Giant Jarl

77107 Svetlana, Frost Giant Princess

In the queue prepped and ready...

77262 Vulture Demon

77262 Vulture Demon

Dwarves New Adventurers Set (Scibor)

77304 Male Thunderknight

60191 O-Sayumi

60031 Queen IIeosa of Korvosa

Dragon Hatchlings

• Like 7

My goal for 2017 is to paint 120 minis (where each SKU counts as one) (I did 112 in 2016, so this is just a slight push from that).

So for January I need to paint 11 minis to stay on schedule. 3 down so far...

77336 Stone Giant

77336 Stone Giant

14329 Street Thug, Mercenaries Grunt

In work:

77106 Beorogg Blackrime, Frost Giant Jarl

77107 Svetlana, Frost Giant Princess

In the queue prepped and ready...

77262 Vulture Demon

77262 Vulture Demon

Dwarves New Adventurers Set (Scibor)

77304 Male Thunderknight

60191 O-Sayumi

60031 Queen IIeosa of Korvosa

Dragon Hatchlings

Impressive!

Good Luck!

• Like 3

January was supposed to be the "start" of my Skaven army that was supposed to occupy all of 2017...  However, after failing horribly on my December goals (holidays, flu, sinus infection, Dishonored II...), the rat swarm will wait until after I finish the following: 

- Finish LOTD dreadnought 

- Finish Cinder and hatchlings diorama

• Like 7

I will finish The dragon and terrain parts on DDS2

I have the bad guys primed for my Legion of Justice and Caeke diorama. Paint the baddies and finish the diorama.

• Like 6

January goals?

Finish my wizard and apprentice for my new Frostgrave warband

Finish the 3 figures from the Learn To Paint Kit 2 

Finish Barbarian with teddy bear

6 minis in 1 month, all of them started (at least base coated with liner). I can do this...

Edited by David Brawley
  • Like 3

I am too - I'm giving myself an "Art Boot Camp." January is figure drawing and finishing up anatomy.

I'm actually eyeing the sculpting class at the art school out of the corner of my eye. Unfortunately there is a conflict with figure drawing, because it would be nice to start doing at least a little sculpting...

Big stuff, of course, not minis :p

• Like 3

I'm actually eyeing the sculpting class at the art school out of the corner of my eye. Unfortunately there is a conflict with figure drawing, because it would be nice to start doing at least a little sculpting...

Big stuff, of course, not minis :p

My écorché will be about 20 inches tall. That's like sculpting 20 minis! :lol:

• Like 4

2017 Goals:

-Dwarven Forge terrain. Finish all of KS3, and put a serious dent in KS4.

-Myth board game. Completely paint the stuff from KS1, and put a dent in KS2.

-Cthulhu Wars. Paint the factions and gates, and put a dent in the other expansions.

-Reaper Bones. Paint at least one big model, and also a healthy dose of the rest.

-Deep Wars. Paint enough to field two factions on the table.

These goals are rather lofty. It will mean more painting than any other year. Wish me luck.

• Like 3

The WM model is somewhere about 25% done.  It gets worked on a little every day, and more of it will get done later this morning.

I have all of the KoW orc ax troops assembled, and have begun work on the great ax and boar rider units.  I like Mantic, as a general rule, but their boars have some pretty major gaps that will require some significant green stuff work.  It won't be fun.

Managed to get the airbrush working again, and did the base black (badly) for the chainmail on some of the SAGA models.  I think the black is pretty glossy, but the silver drybrush helps, and I plan on using some rust effects, which will tone it down a bit.  I hope. 

Trying out some color schemes based on WWI naval patterns for the Dystopian Wars models, but nothing really definitive yet.  I might do some practice with the airbrush and masking, and try doing them that way.  No hurry - if I had to, I could probably do the entire fleet in a weekend with normal brushes, and they don't have to be painted until mid-March.

• Like 2