aku-chan

Aku-chan paints a big pile of Kingdom Death

88 posts in this topic

Progress:-

KBcytCN.jpgXncfch5.jpg

Still had the right colours for the outside of his coat, so I finished it off with highlights of 1:1 Lonestar Leather/Oiled Leather and 1:1:1 Lonestar Leather/Oiled Leather/Vallejo Yellow Ochre.

The Ruddy Leather inside of the coat has been replaced with Vallejo Leather Brown, and the 1:1 Ruddy Leather/Carnage Red leather straps have been replaced with Vallejo Scarlett Red.

Moving on to unpainted parts, he got a 1:1 Vallejo Prussian Blue/Vallejo Pure Black hat, highlighted with 1:1 Prussian Blue/Vallejo Off-white, and given glazes of thinned Blackshade Wash and thinned Blue Ink.

I've also started on his trousers, with a base of 1:1 Vallejo Royal Blue/Vallejo Wolf Grey. I can't quite figure out where his trousers end and his boots start, so I'm going to sleep on it and take a second look tomorrow.

19 people like this

I really like this fig and regret not purchasing one.    aku-chan as always I love what you are doing with the paint job!

1 person likes this

Thanks!

Yeah, he's a great mini, even though he looks like he's wandered in from a different game.

Been making progress, just been forgetting to update this:-

8RgFhFp.jpg

Finished off the trousers with highlights of 1:1 Royal Blue/Wolf Grey and 1:1:1 Royal Blue/Wolf Grey/Off-white.

Still avoiding his boots, so I gave him Vallejo Brassy Brass kneepads and used Oily Steel and Bronze on his pistol.

Then I painted his utility belt (1:1 Scarlett Red/Leather Brown > Brownshade Wash > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Leather Brown > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Oiled Leather).

I have got a bit further, so expect another update later ...maybe.

14 people like this

Woot! Double update:-

CT9TNs7.jpgleHc5xB.jpg

Painted his gallows.

The wood was based with 1:1 Leather Brown/Medium Olive, washed with Brownshade and given highlights of 1:1 Leather Brown/Medium Olive and 1:1:1 Leather Brown/Medium Olive/Tanned Leather.

The rope was based with 1:1 Oiled Leather/Medium Olive and washed with Brownshade. I left it there because it looked too good to mess with.

Now I just need to figure out how to paint his  very weird boots.

18 people like this

tvrWdsU.jpg

After being flummoxed by his boots for several days, I went for the simple option of Pure Black boots with 2:1 Pure Black/Cold Grey highlights, plus a Blackshade Wash to blend them together.

Now I just need to paint the base.

16 people like this

The Manhunter is all finished and in Show-off.

And a preview of what comes next:-

WDlT3ff.jpg

The mighty Percival.

11 people like this

Made a start on Percival:-

by7cZqu.jpg

Her hair scares me, so I'm painting everything from the neck down first.

Started with her quilted skirt thingy (2:1 Emerald/Hexed Lichen > Emerald) plus Bronze buttons and an Oiled Leather trim (this was going to be Bronze as well, but I really liked how the Oiled Leather looked).

16 people like this

GgHRVp8.jpgxr06PlV.jpg

Painted the cloth bits of her outfit (Wolf Grey > 1:1 Wolf Grey/Off-white > Off-white > Greyshade Wash) and kept with the Oiled Leather trim. Didn't spot at the time that she also has cloth bits on her arms, so I'll have to get them done later.

She's also now got metal boots, they're Oily Steel with a black wash so far.

16 people like this

Loving the colors you are using on this one!

2 people like this

I love that green... and am a bit jealous as I'd love to have a Perceval to paint but the figure has remained out of reach so far. Don't be scared of the hair, that sort of detail loves washes and has well defined high points to accent for highlights from what I can see. Great job so far.

1 person likes this

Thanks guys!

Progress.

Took a painting break and worked on her base:-

O2IyblA.jpgWsuYN4V.jpg

A broken chessboard look seemed fitting.

But today I started on her armour:-

PGyJ7lN.jpgPpsDPeK.jpg

It's Oily Steel and Brassy Brass, still needs highlighting at the moment.

Feeling better about leaving the trim on the cloths parts as plain Oiled Leather, I think the originally planned Gold would've been metallic overkill.

And speaking of cloth parts, found another spot I missed :angry:

16 people like this

Looking good!  I agree that the leather looks better than gold trim.  It's all coming along great!  Keep it up!

2 people like this

Very nice!

Keep going!

1 person likes this

Thanks guys!

Finally made some progress:-

aeruE7l.jpg

Tidied up the metal parts, started the leather parts, painted her face (1:1 Rosy Flesh/Light Flesh > Fleshshade Wash > 1:1 Rosy Flesh/light Flesh > 1:1:1 Rosy Flesh/Light Flesh/Off-white) and basecoated her hair (1:1 Leather Brown/Orange Red).

17 people like this

Got a little carried away and Percival has already made her way to a Show-off thread.

Not sure who to paint next (plus all my painting corks are occupied), so this thread is going to sleep for a little bit.

5 people like this