Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Genghis_Sean

Zombicide: Black Plague male walkers

7 posts in this topic

Few touch ups  to make and then applying the Quickshader.

post-14161-0-13280200-1483398102_thumb.jpg

post-14161-0-95355800-1483398165_thumb.jpg

9 people like this

Very Nice!!

Quickshader applied.  Now I need to apply the anti-matte spray to remove the shininess, but not sure how to do that given that it's below zero outside.  If necessary, I'll wait until spring, I guess.  Or I could try it in my garage and potentially blow myself up from the fumes reaching the furnace.  Wonder how warm it needs to be outside...

post-14161-0-31572700-1483830301_thumb.jpg

post-14161-0-98458300-1483830389_thumb.jpg

post-14161-0-55040800-1483830485_thumb.jpg

6 people like this

It depends entirely on individual tolerances, but I find a thin layer of Reaper Brush-on Sealer over gloss coats does a fine job killing shine and can be used pretty much regardless of the weather.  I have no idea how it goes on over Quickshade, however.

If you ever feel like trying it, just make sure you wick away any excess sealer to avoid "hazy" areas on the model.  Don't let it pool!

2 people like this

It depends entirely on individual tolerances, but I find a thin layer of Reaper Brush-on Sealer over gloss coats does a fine job killing shine and can be used pretty much regardless of the weather.  I have no idea how it goes on over Quickshade, however.

If you ever feel like trying it, just make sure you wick away any excess sealer to avoid "hazy" areas on the model.  Don't let it pool!

Agreed, my season 1 Walkers all got x2 gloss coat followed by watered down brush-on sealer to dull them back down. Works great for table top. I also agree to not let the brush-on pool.

Hmm.  Thanks.  I'll have to consider that.  I didn't realize that could be use to remove shine.

I followed the same painting tutorial to paint up some of my ZBP zombies. I used Dullcote spray to kill the shine but it didn't get a few of the hard to spray areas. I did those spots with a brush using the bottled Testors Dullcote. It can only be thinned with lacquer thinner or Testors own thinner. You also have to clean the brush with thinner. It works fairly well brushed on, but the bottled Dullcote is better through an airbrush.

Honestly, it's easier to do it with Reaper's brush-on sealer because it dilutes and cleans up with water. I usually add one drop of water to the Reaper sealer. That seems to make it a tiny bit more matte. You can also dilute paint with it but I find that it makes the paint dry much faster on the wet palette (turns the paint gummy). Your mileage may vary though. 

tesr3160.jpg < 9TiXoVH.jpg

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0