So, I'm currently working on painting up Wyrmgear.  I'm going for a brass, bronze, gold color; I've got several different MSP metallic paints so I decided to test them out to see which ones looked good or I could use for some TMM shading/highlighting.

So I ran some lines of each color on a piece of paper.  knarthax was on the hangouts and he said that other people might want to know the results so I snapped a quick pic with my phone.  Here are the results.

post-626-0-95363000-1483583975_thumb.jpg

The cross at the top is Clockwork Brass (horizontal line) over Drillbit Metal.  Both colors are very close to each other which is surprising as they look very different wet on the palette.

I hope this helps someone.  If needed, I can take a picture with a better camera and better lighting sometime later.

• Like 13

Thanks, this is pretty handy!  Scorched metal is an interesting looking color, I may pick that up one day.

I use Scorched Metal as a dirty bronze armor on things like orcs.  I'm going to use it on Wyrmgears engine and exhaust pipes.

• Like 6

Typically when I'm doing brass, I'll use P3 Blighted Gold as my base color. It's a cool, green-tinged gold color. Then I'll work my way up to a brass from there.

Nowadays for metallics I mostly use Scale 75, the gold and copper sets are amazing.

For rust I use the Valejjo Special Effects Set.

Thanks, this is pretty handy!  Scorched metal is an interesting looking color, I may pick that up one day.

I use Scorched Metal as a dirty bronze armor on things like orcs.  I'm going to use it on Wyrmgears engine and exhaust pipes.

Agree, it's handy.  I also use it as dirty bronze armor! 

• Like 1

It's pretty. You need to be even more vigilant than usual about thoroughly shaking it though. 

Scorched Metal highlighted up through Coppery Orange into a bright gold looks really nice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this