NomadZeke

Resolutionary Painting Challenge 2017 Chatter/Questions

So, anyone planning to fingerpaint a microbust of a horror creature??

Very interesting challenges.  And since I still haven't decided my Jan/Feb plans yet, I might give one or more a try!

• Like 3

In monochrome? ::P:

I think there's crippling size limitations on your fingers with that, but if you can pull it off, go for it

• Like 3

In monochrome? ::P:

I think there's crippling size limitations on your fingers with that, but if you can pull it off, go for it

I knew I left out something  ::D:

• Like 1

im going to skip the finger painting - but the micro bust sounds kinda fun. 

I am currently painting up the fire dragon 77109  - it is relatively small, but fits best on a 3" base.  is that 2 or 3 figures worth? 

• Like 1

That guy's a 2.

Keep in mind...you can finger paint a skeleton (or a slime) and it fulfills the criteria.

• Like 2

I think now that this is bi-monthly, I'll give it a go.

I finished DDS2 in January... that's 5 adventurers, a dragon and a crapton of terrain... I assume that completes my number quota for Jan/Feb? Even if not, I have 3 figures that I have to finish by mid-February and then the bonus challenges will push me further beyond quota completion.

I'm especially looking forward to having some fun with fingerpainting...I already know which figure I'm going to do.

• Like 6

I'm intrigued by the notion of the microbust.  

I've selected a candidate, but I've never really made such severe modifications to a model before.  Unfortunately it's metal, so won't have the luxury of being able to cleanly cut away bonesium.  Now, I've snipped off a broccoli base, filed down parts, and shaved off flash, but I've never tried to cut through the main mass of a models body.  What tool do you use to cut through without distorting the model too much?

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by the notion of the microbust.  

I've selected a candidate, but I've never really made such severe modifications to a model before.  Unfortunately it's metal, so won't have the luxury of being able to cleanly cut away bonesium.  Now, I've snipped off a broccoli base, filed down parts, and shaved off flash, but I've never tried to cut through the main mass of a models body.  What tool do you use to cut through without distorting the model too much?

Jewelers saw would do it. Perhaps a very fine blade on a hacksaw?

I was just re-reading the bonus challenges; by classic horror creature, you mean vampire, mummy, Frankenstein's monster, stuff like that, right?

Or do slasher movie villains, aliens, and stuff like that count as well?