Darcstaar

D&D 5e Tyranny of Dragons

I can see a + but not a extra dice. Way overpowered, espically when you consider there are class powers that give you advantage for being near a companion already (ex rogue).

Probably a + 1 to hit if I were to do it.

My interpretation of the Rogue sneak attack isn't a flank, just threatening the same target as one of your friends.

Yah that is how I do it as well.

19 minutes ago, haldir said:

espically when you consider there are class powers that give you advantage for being near a companion already (ex rogue).

I think you might've misread the feature.

The rogue gets sneak attack damage if he has advantage on the attack roll, but does not need advantage on it if another ally is within 5 feet of his target.

So if, say, Rolen is striking a prone Orc with a dagger, he has advantage on the roll and deals sneak attack damage.

If Rolen hits a hobgoblin with an arrow while Klaus is in melee combat with that hobgoblin, he does not get advantage on the attack roll, but still deals sneak attack damage.

• Like 1

You're right. Some reason I was mixing that up. I shouldn't have since I DMed a game at ReaperCon last year that had a rogue. So I seen it first-hand....:huh:

Advantage for flank would be very powerful.  I would suggest starting with a +1 to hit at most and adjust slowly to the powerlevel you would like.  

My understanding of rogue sneak attack is as BT  said, advantage or ally within 5' threatening an enemy,

Sorry about the late and infrequent posting as of late.  March and April have seen a lot more life issues between work, a death in the family, a grandma taking a fall and breaking her back and the family drama around her future care, a nasty shoulder injury and a slew of other problems it has been difficult for me to find time to post.  Things seem to be slowing down and I should be able to post on a more regular basis.  I hope that I have not held the game up too much.  Thanks for the patience.  

• Like 2

No worries.  I gave you some time to clarify prior post, waited a bit, then moved us ahead.  It's understandable to de-prioritize this.   Sorry to hear about the losses and struggles in your life as of late.  Post when it's right for you.

Tornado, I have the same concern about myself and my rolls, just be truthful. 

I'm glad you guys made it through that encounter unharmed.  There are harrowing tales online about a rat swarm crit for 4d6 snuffing out early adventuring careers!

You aren't quite done with this mission yet, as I'll post to the Playing soon.

• Like 2

Yah swarms in general are just nasty, whether it's Pathfinder of 5e. I've taken out 2 goblin parties with a swarm at the end of We Be Goblins. I did see a potential typo as it mentions the end boss likes to summon dogs to help her in her write up, but in her spell list she has summon swarm. Either way gonna dial it down this year & just use Animal Summoning 1 (dog). Her + her familiar + the dog should still be a good end game encounter.