haldir

[Pathfinder] The Dragon's Demand

17+3=20. "I wonder if one of the unusual daggers we found earlier might be the key?" says Bregan as he brings them out of his pack.

Everyone makes it but Bregan figures it out. The dagger's odd shape will fit the lock perfectly.

The Dagger fits the lock perfectly! You hear the tumbler click over, inside the lock as you turn the dagger. The door is now unlocked.

OOC I haven’t looked back at the posts to figure it out, and I don’t remember the role of the player we lost, but I remember someone else wanted “lead duty” so Mal took rearguard.  If that changed, Mal could definitely go axe/shield and go first.  I didn’t volunteer since I remembered he was bringing up the rear.  I think it was Bregan who was in the lead?

I do believe Bregan volunteered to be point man, but the party also didn't have a thief errr rogue in the party at the time. Col K was a wizard so maybe he's changed his mind now??? Also brings up a good point. After this door/room I'll need a updated marching order & such but since, Tripleh1533 said he'd go, then he'll go this time.

Opening the door, you enter a small 5 x 5 room. There is  a steel door on the other side. As soon you are fully in the room, a loud voice appears out of nowhere

"Please close the door before proceeding with the correct pass phrase."

Yes Bregan was going to fill that role but has no problem letting the new guy shine. He starts to follow but stops short of entering the room when he hears the voice.

[OOC, finally got around to scanning the old posts but all I really saw was the plaque.  Maybe I missed something reading too quickly]

"'Good Baron Sarvo wills it', obviously," replies Aear with a wave of the hand. "Those apparitions were repeating that phrase constantly."

The voice does not appear again but a very loud click of the door on the opposite side of the room can be heard.

You are not sure how long it'll stay open thou.

"Onward, lest we all end up trapped together in a tiny room!"  Aear says as he walks up to the door.  He then steps to the side and motions to his well armored companion, "After you."