haldir

The Dragon's Demand

243 posts in this topic

Tark asks the Raven, "What do you need the blood for?  What is your trade?"

The raven replies

"My trade is knowledge & secrets. I need the blood cause I am continuing my master's work."

"This bird is giving us the run around. I'm beginning to think this is a trap or ambush." says Bregan as he scans the room. Perception check 12+7=19 (21 if stone related)

"You keep mentioning your master's work.  What specifically did your master do?"

"Yes, what was your master's work?" {Knowledge(Arcana) to see if I know what that 'work' maybe, Roll (18+8= 26,YEAH!}

Bregan

Scanning the room & with your dwarven eyes you spot a well hidden secret door. It's right above the entrance you just came in.

The raven replies

"My master was a artist who knew how to make men tell her anything she wanted to know. She also could summon magical energies just in case her tools couldn't."

"Let me guess there, birdie if that's what ya really be. Ya get our blood, cast some spell ta quiet us down and yer allies come out of yonder secret door" Bregan says as he points his spear at the door "and do us in, eh?"

"What kind of secrets?  Who is was your master?"

The raven replies

"Oh no tricks. There is no one here besides us. The door allows people to head further into the dungeon that is all. My master & I are or were all that is left The door is locked thou. The key is somewhere on that table. I'd try to find it myself, but what's the point I have no fingers. (ha ha(in a cawing sound))"

The raven points to the table with the items on it. The raven then points toward the bound skeleton in the chair.

"My master, Alyrora the Cruel. At least that is what the prisoners would call her, they didn't know I was watching them as they talked to each other. Filthy maggots..."

"Ah if I told you what secrets I know then they wouldn't be secret anymore now would they? Your blood, my secrets. It's a fair trade."

Mal wants to try to get a sense of how this bird is trying to trick us.

If we all spill blood, will he divulge his secrets.

sense motive 19+2=21.

OOC (If so, and if our magic users think it isn't some kind of spell completion trigger, then I'd recommend trying to get around the potential HP damage by using someone's cloak pin to poke everyone's finger and drip a drop of blood on all the furniture.)

Bregan will head over to the secret door, inspect it and then head over to the table and see if anything looks like a suitable key.

Aear will tag along with Bregan and help him out.

Mal

Your quite sure the raven isn't telling the whole truth. It appears to be hiding something

Bregan & Aear

The two of you move to the door. The door is hidden quite well but with Bregan's skill you spot where it is. It appears to swing outward & into the passage/room beyond this one. One odd feature is, you can't find a keyhole or lock for that matter. Do you still search the table?

With Bregan & Aear turned to the door, anyone watching the raven, sees it disappear from sight.

"No keyhole.  I wonder how it opens?"

[knowledge: engineering 6 + 5 = 11]  Apparently unknown.

Mal wants to close the door we came through, to prevent it from flying out.  Then he'll go total defense.