haldir

The Dragon's Demand

243 posts in this topic

Fort 14+5= 19

Initiative 10+4=14

After getting stabbed/clawed in the back, Mal just slowly turns around to face this thing, not verbalizing any of the "I told you so" thoughts welling up.  He just has a frustrated, pissed off scowl on his face.

17+4=21. "Knew there was more to that beastie than met tha' eye", mutters Bregan.

I was waiting for Col K. I know he is busy, so no worries.

Tark: 24

Bregan: 21

Mal: 19

Imp: 17

Col: 15

Auberon: 1

Round #1

Your move Tark!

(Sorry busy and now the laptop crashes. First roll 29 just kidding that was the d30 I grabbed in my haste. real roll was 15 + something which I can not find so take the 15.)

Tark will move towards the Imp and next to Mal.  "If you want blood, then blood you will have."  Tark reaches out and touches Mal's Battle Axe and casts Bleeding Strike upon it.

Concentration Roll:  16 + 4 = 20

(As a free action when the wielder hits a living creature, the wielder can discharge the spell to add +1 bleed damage to the weapon's base damage.  The Bleeding is difficult to stop.  +3 to the DC to stop the bleeding.)

Ok

Bregan you're up next.

Bregan moves past the others to a position where he can strike at the critter with his spear and then holds his strike. "First strike belongs ta yerself Mal." he says. (Delaying my strike until after Mal. If he can't have moved and then delayed he will have said that from where he was and then move and strike after Mal.)

Ok then Bregan moves down to 19 under Mal

Mal you're up then.

Mal takes a deep breath and bellows out a curse in Skald:

"Død til fienden min!" (Enters rage)

Attacks with battle axe one handed, shield in the other.

power attack.

D20= 11+6(base)+2(rage)-1(power attack) = 18

If Hits d8 = 4+5(base)+2(rage)+2(power attack) 13

I'd add the bleed, which would be 14, but it needs to hit, and I don't know when it applies, and he has to fail his save.

OK

You are able to hit the imp with you battleaxe. Invoking the spell that is upon your weapon. 

You notice as your battle axe hits the little red devil, that some of the damage was deflected away from him.

(Pretty sure, the save is for when the imp has to roll for the bleed in the next round. Thou, I'm not 100% sure as I'm not familiar with this spell & it's not coming up in any google searches)

9 points of damage

Bregan, your move!

Bregan makes a single thrust with his spear. Atk 18+3=21 Damage 7+3=10

You are able to stick the imp with the spear, but like Mal's attack, some of the weapon's damage doesn't get through

5 pts damage

TOTAL SO FAR: 14

Imp's turn: 

Suddenly the imp is there & now he is not "POOF" You can also hear in the air, the flap of his wings as he moves in the room

Col K, you're up!

I will use the Evocation School special ability Force Missile. Auto hit deals 1d4 damage + coupled with Intense Spells, adds 1/2 my level (min of +1) to the damage roll. D4 roll 2+1 =3. (I can see the arvuement that if I can not see him then I can not hit him, if such isnthencase no big deal..... I learned a new ability of my mage is the important thing to me.)

Ok, even thou it's hits automatically, the spell references magic missile.

Force Missile (Sp): As a standard action you can unleash a force missile that automatically strikes a foe, as magic missile. The force missile deals 1d4 points of damage plus the damage from your intense spells evocation power. This is a force effect. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.

Being that MM has this in it's description:

MAGIC MISSILE

School evocation [force]; Level sorcerer/wizard 1

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V, S

Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)

Targets up to five creatures, no two of which can be more than 15 ft. apart

Duration instantaneous

Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes

Some spells have a target or targets. You cast these spells on creatures or objects, as defined by the spell itself. You must be able to see or touch the target, and you must specifically choose that target. You do not have to select your target until you finish casting the spell. If the imp hadn't moved, I would have allowed you to try a touch attack thou since the spell isn't a touch attack spell, it would have provoked Attack of Opportunity (AoO) from the imp.  Nice choice thou.