haldir

The Dragon's Demand

The imp tries to move in the room but, Bregan & Mal are both aware where he is!

You can make your attack, at normal invisibility condition modifiers.

I will continue his actions after Bregan & Mal resolve theirs. 

• Like 1

"There's the beastie!" yells Bregan as he draws a vial of ink from his belt pouch and throws it. Ranged attack 17+5 (-4 for improvised weapon?)= 22 (18). (Do you roll the miss chance Haldir?)

• Like 1

The ink finds it mark!!! While the bottle flies past the imp, it impacts onto the wall & the splash back covers the the little devil enough for it to be seen. Seeing the creature, Mal brings his weapon down on the creature! The imp reacts by stabbing Mal with it's tail, but Mal's high resistance to poison makes the attack uninspiring. Col K's spell is next & it hits the creature causing to scream in agony as it's life force is sucked away. The creature falls limp to the ground, never to move again in this lifetime!

After the battle, the party decides to use the room as a makeshift camp, resting for 8 hrs & magically gaining back everything! (DM's gift)

During the 8 hrs of downtime, you find some interesting things in the torture room: You find the following useful things: The bronze plaque of the Canteclure Clan is big & unwieldy but it could be worth something to a the family (the Baroness or her son) or someone interested in the history of the Canteclure clan. Also as a DM's gift, it has use later in the adventure.

The party is ready to resume the adventure!!

• Like 1

"Alrighty then". Bregan heads to the door and listens first to make sure nothing is waiting on the other side. Nat 20, so 20+7=27. If he hears nothing he'll open the door and head out.

• Like 1

The party moves out of the torture chamber & into a 10 foot wide tunnel. The tunnel is pitch black, so those that need light to see will have to provide. Those with darkvision,  see a cold lonely passage. It heads north for about 20 feet before the tunnel turns sharply to the west. The tunnel continues this route for about 55 feet. It then takes anther sharp turn south & continues for 60 feet before it turns eastward. (pretty much the tunnel goes around the torture chamber)

The floor drops away here as the corridor turns east, though a seven-inch-wide ledge continues along the south wall. The walls are very smooth, offering few handholds. The remainder of the passageway is filled with a five-foot-deep trough filled with foul-smelling, thick green sludge. The passage turns southward.

Passageway with the green sludge

Also I don't really need a marching order through the tunnel as there is nothing threatening in it but I will need one for the remainder of the map. I assume Bregan is in the lead up to the latest encounter.

• Like 1

The two of you determine the the green sludge is not what you think at first, green slime. As you poke around the slime & pull the stick back, you see it slowly starts to eat at the wood. The tip where it was submerged the longest with the slime seems to have been eaten away.

The ledge, while very narrow, looks like it can be traversed. It'll probably take some slow & careful pacing but it can be done.

"Well, I'll keep my boots, thank ye" says Bregan as he peers down the ledge in preparation to walk it it. Perception 16+7=23 (25 if related to stone)

Mal will take off his armor and shield and stow them in his pack/on his back.  He’ll then walk slowly along the ledge at half speed. (Take 10 acrobatics = 12).

”If I fall in lads, I’ll extend up my axe handle.  I hope you can fish me out before I turn into goo.”

Perception as I go:

rolled a natural 20!

20+6=26.