haldir

The Dragon's Demand

243 posts in this topic

"If the group doesn't want to risk the ramp, I can climb up, pull everyone up with rope and lower them back down the wall with my rope, then climb down." Offers Mal.

OOC I would take 10 on the climb check

Aear continued to look the situation over while rubbing his chin.  "A rope sounds like an excellent idea to me.  Falling off a wall was not on my to do list when I got up this morning."

I agree that a rope is the best option.  This tower does not look entirely stable. 

I think I would rather take the rope up. it seems the only way to discover why these kobolds are this close to town. 

Alright to make this clear:

Mal

Which wall do you climb up? Do you climb the ramp? The 10 climb check succeeds & you are able to tie the rope off on some exposed timbers on the 2nd floor. If you decide to go the wall climb, the 10 will not succeed.

Everyone using the rope to make their way up feel free to make a Climb check. 

(roll 13 -1 = 12{that should make life interesting, but totally kill my character})

You are right. Sorry about that. Either way your up.

Also note, if anyone decides to check the front door, it's blocked from the other side.

Col K, your are up with Mal!

If that doesn't get me progress on the wall, I'll go back up the ramp, try to move the beam, then lower my rope for everyone.

Again, the 15 makes it up either the wall or the ramp. The ramp has a chance of falling off & causing the damage, the wall while harder doesn't pose that threat. You make it either way. After you reach the top, you make your way over to the trapped trap door & with your strength, the large timber feels like a twig. You are able to move it easily off the trap door.

Afterwards you tie your rope off on to it & allow the others to make their way up.

Tark will follow behind using the rope.(roll 14+2=16)

Everyone makes it up to the second floor with no problems.

Party is awarded 400 XP.

The trap door is open. Whoever goes first drops down to the first floor sees the following:

Ground Floor

A ladder has survived the collapse, it drops down to the ground floor. The tower’s large ground floor has mostly collapsed under the rubble, but along the western portion of the room a section remains clear of debris. An iron trap door set in the floor is directly below a companion door in the ceiling above. Shattered wooden furniture lies scattered around the corpses of two small, green-scaled creatures, more kobolds.

The only light that enter this floor is from the open trap door from above. Light sources will be needed for non-seeing in the dark people. When the party is ready to descend in the dungeon/basement below I will need a marching order.

*Note I mentioned that the Baroness' husband died by falling from the 3rd to the ground floor, it actually was the 3rd to the 2nd as from the 2nd down it's only trap doors. My mistake.