• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 knarthex

knarthex

Quaestor

• House Tabletop
  • 11532 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:21 AM

So if there are any of you folks out there that played FoW, and don't follow that forum, Battlefront has announced that the new 4th Ed rule set is coming out this year.

and as before, they are giving away FREE rule books to those that already play the game.

Free Version Four Rulebooks?

With every new edition of the Flames Of War rules, we have given away free copies to all existing players to say thanks for being a player and welcome to the new version. When we went from version 2 to version 3 we gave away 26 tonnes of books – that’s the same weight as a T-34 tank! You might even say that we are Fearless Veterans when it comes to this process.

This time around it is no different, except that you will be getting TWO books, not one.

The first one is a full-sized set of rules, an 112-page, A4-sized book, formatted for existing Early-war and Late-war players. The game rules are identical to the hardback version, only instead of referring to the Unit Cards that we will be using in Mid-war, they refer to the current book range, allowing all existing books to still be used for those two periods.

take a look at their site for more details....

So even if you are currently not playing, as I am not, make sure to visit your FLGS anyway for an updated rules set...

'Cause you never know if you might start playing again!

SGT George

Paint On!

Clever Crow, on 07 Sept 2015 - 3:54 PM, said:snapback.png

He looks great. You should be very proud.

Knarthex' Law:
Whenever you are shading or high lighting a figure that you have already base coated, you Will find at least one mold line you missed in prep.

House Tabletop

We Came,

We Saw,

We Kicked It’s Elf!

I painted a Goddess!

Can you see the real me?

Can Ya? Can Ya?

#2 OneBoot

OneBoot

She of the Singular Footwear

• House Procrastius
  • 6984 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

That sounds like...a lot of free books.  :unsure: Is the company doing well enough that it can afford such a big loss leader?

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot, 13 January 2017 - 04:24 PM.

• knarthex likes this

kalkhan_zpsnpnn7vhi.jpg
Kaladrax Show-off thread: http://forum.reaperm...ays-by-oneboot/

"Don't sweat it, just paint it." ~buglips*the*goblin

"I'm not crazy! I'm just not user friendly!" ~Unruly

"There are generally two rules for learning to swim - shallow end or deep end. Every now and then, though, you have to drop your marbles and dive into the ocean after them." ~Guindyloo

"Motivation is fleeting and unpredictable. Do not wait for it. Instead, cultivate discipline. Discipline will see you through the times when flighty motivation has left you." ~CashWiley

"You can be the Head of the Papal Guard! SpacePope! Defended by the Mightiest Boot in the Universe!" ~Reaperbryan

See, this is why you're my favourite.

#3 knarthex

knarthex

Quaestor

• House Tabletop
  • 11532 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

It's one of the ways that they are different from a certain other miniature games company....

They have been expanding their lines since they started out, and while they have hiccups here and there, they are a great company.....

They Have Reaper Level Customer Service....

Back when I was actively playing their games, I would have said that Reaper has Battlefront Level Customer Service......

Paint On!

Clever Crow, on 07 Sept 2015 - 3:54 PM, said:snapback.png

He looks great. You should be very proud.

Knarthex' Law:
Whenever you are shading or high lighting a figure that you have already base coated, you Will find at least one mold line you missed in prep.

House Tabletop

We Came,

We Saw,

We Kicked It’s Elf!

I painted a Goddess!

Can you see the real me?

Can Ya? Can Ya?

#4 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 6232 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

While their customer service is true, their model quality is a bit to be desired (though I haven't tried their plastics yet)...

Damon.

-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-Home of the Blackrazors: http://griffcrier.com/
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4th ED, rule books, Flames of War, Battlefront, free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users