Talae

Reaper's Gloss Sealer vs Golden Soft Gel Medium

Is there a Reaper product similar to Golden® Soft Gel Gloss Medium? Maybe Gloss Sealer?

I am using it to make part of some Dwarven Forge sewer tiles shiny, and the guide suggests the Golden product. Having only about twenty 2"x2" tiles makes me not want to go buy a product just for this.

I've been using Reaper's gloss sealer for my first sealer layer on my minis and, yes, it should achieve the same effect.  My minis all look suitably slimy until I hit them with a layer of brush-on sealer to kill the sheen.

*Attempts to restrain self from suggesting a popular floor cleaning product*

Although I do like the irony of using Future to finish the bottom of a sewer system. . . . ::):

Doubly so due to the scent. Give your sewer that lifelike fresh flower scent!

That smell is pretty much permanent. I have dungeon tiles I sealed 5 years ago with Future, and they still smell like flowers.

• Like 1

Although I do like the irony of using Future to finish the bottom of a sewer system. . . . ::):

That smell is pretty much permanent. I have dungeon tiles I sealed 5 years ago with Future, and they still smell like flowers.

That irony would be rather amusing, although not quite amusing enough to make me go on a special trip to the store and purchase a bottle to use on twenty tiles.

• Like 2

Yeah, for non-plaster tiles, it's not exactly a necessary purchase. For anyone that does any amount of work with plaster though I recommend it. It's cheap, and the plaster just drinks it up, making it go from a scratchy, chalky surface to a more plastic-y surface that resists scratches and scratching. Dwarvenite doesn't really benefit from it like plaster does.

• Like 1

That irony would be rather amusing, although not quite amusing enough to make me go on a special trip to the store and purchase a bottle to use on twenty tiles.

How do your tiles look? I just did this for my Water Dwarven Forge and I don't know if I need to dry-brush over the gloss.

post-14906-0-43673600-1484765325_thumb.jpg

• Like 1