SamuraiJack

judgement

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gunmeistergames/judgement-a-moba-inspired-54mm-miniatures-game

Judgement brings all the elements of the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena video game genre to the table top. Powerful, diverse and fun heroes, neutral monsters, magical items and hero levels. These ingredients provide a truly amazing gaming experience like no other miniature game on the market. The game design team have worked tirelessly for more than a year creating, testing and perfecting the core mechanics which ensure diverse, dynamic hero activations and a fast, flexible combat system.

The icing on the cake are superbly detailed 54mm scale resin cast miniatures.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

Awww...why 54mm?

You know there's a few other larger scale fantasy skirmish rules sets out there (I'm thinking Ruination by Terragnosis and then Scale 75 did one with a very generic name).

Neither did very well. I believe a lot of developers want it to catch off but the buying public just aren't interested. There's even a few 40mm rules sets out there which are close enough to the various 30-35mm scale creep figures out there while being large enough for painters to show off a bit.

I really like the look of the first dwarven hero for this one. Almost makes me wonder if there's any chance some of the figures will be available separately. I'll be watching this one. Might even back it.

I've spent the last half a week thinking there's a really important kickstarter starting on the 26th but I couldn't remember what it was. All I could think of was Village Attacks and the Atlantis Dwarven kickstarter but I know both of those are due to start in February. Or at least I know that Village Attacks isn't supposed to start 'til February and that at least one of those two will be launching nearer the tail end of the month than the front. Judgement, on the other hand, had completely slipped my mind - driven out by thoughts of Village Attacks, probably. However that strong memory that something important was starting on the 26th may just see me jumping in to offer my support after all :).

I just discovered they're an Australian company so they might actually be launching their project sooner than you'd think, quite possibly on the 25th for many of us. International timezones can be funny like that.

15894494_239852379775348_909077400884696

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 1

Listening to the podcast they took part in I believe the scale decision was because having 6-10 25-35mm figures on a gaming table feels like a waste of space. They wanted to do small scale skirmish/arena situations (they speak about adventuring parties fighting each other as the original concept behind this). Having larger scale figures fills the space better. Also I think they just wanted to play with detailed larger scale sculpts.

It will be interesting to see how they do.

Listening to the podcast they took part in I believe the scale decision was because having 6-10 25-35mm figures on a gaming table feels like a waste of space. They wanted to do small scale skirmish/arena situations (they speak about adventuring parties fighting each other as the original concept behind this). Having larger scale figures fills the space better.

That logic doesn't make much sense to me. If you're playing with minis half the size, then you can scale down the gaming area to half as large. The play area looks just as full and a lot of folks would consider being able to use a smaller table as a plus.

Also I think they just wanted to play with detailed larger scale sculpts.

This I believe. But tracking down and purchasing larger scale dungeon/game dressing is a huge turnoff for me.
  • Like 1

Live:  Link added to first post

9b83ff1d0803af5f936914eb7c9162ed_origina

You can see details of the hero choices in the Heroes section above. You should also check the unlocked goals section (below) to see the heroes that have been unlocked during the campaign.

ecccdde437b6dca99bad7268bf542e8f_origina

This pledge gets you any 1 hero from our range, including models that were unlocked during the campaign. All hero miniatures are 54mm scale and cast in high quality resin. 

• Miniature cast includes a sculpted scenic base
  • Scenic base is cast as a separate piece to the miniature
  • Ships in a full colour illustrated box
  • Includes 2 double-sided full colour statistics cards
ba533bafd106224ae3ae10a98f8a0d63_origina

This pledge gets you any 3 heroes from our range, including models that were unlocked during the campaign. All hero miniatures are 54mm scale and cast in high quality resin.

• Ships in a full colour Kickstarter exclusive illustrated box
  • Includes 2 double-sided full colour statistics cards for each hero (6 in total)
8bc445d24248aade78934e92c96cdf74_origina

This pledge gets you any 5 heroes from our range, including models that were unlocked during the campaign. All hero miniatures are 54mm scale and cast in high quality resin.

• This pledge level includes all unlocked FREE stretch goals
  • Ships in a full colour Kickstarter exclusive illustrated box 
  • Includes 2 double-sided full colour statistics cards for each hero (10 in total)
e3ebcb804f7f0ad2d2782ac87b975549_origina

This pledge gets you any 7 heroes from our range, including models that were unlocked during the campaign. All hero miniatures are 54mm scale and cast in high quality resin.

• Ships in a full colour Kickstarter exclusive illustrated box
  • Includes 2 double-sided full colour statistics cards for each hero (14 in total)
  • A set of 10 Judgement dice
afbd6b533b4e12f07200df8ee4253bf9_origina

This pledge gets you any 10 heroes from our range, including models that were unlocked during the campaign.. All hero miniatures are 54mm scale and cast in high quality resin.

• Ships in a full colour Kickstarter exclusive illustrated box 
  • Includes 2 double-sided full colour statistics cards for each hero (20 in total) 
  • A set of 10 Judgement dice
  • A Judgement token set (55 pieces)

16174652_246335469127039_722309059953945

Eep!  Look away.... look away....

Edit: Ok, so I looked.  And then I scratched my head.  Why would they show this as a sculpted figure when the Kickstarter is only for the Hero characters?!?  It does make a mention to "neutral monsters" but doesn't showcase them in stretch goals or show any way to acquire them.   And then... it's all resin... 

Edit 2: Oh... wait... this is the Shadow Hound... a stretch goal.  As for the sculpts, I like Gloom the Shadow Hound, Rakkir the Orc and the Thrommel the Dwarf.  Though, to be honest, the Shadow Hound turned out far superior to the artwork, so maybe some of these others will as well.  

Edited by Grayfax

Edit: Ok, so I looked.  And then I scratched my head.  Why would they show this as a sculpted figure when the Kickstarter is only for the Hero characters?!?  It does make a mention to "neutral monsters" but doesn't showcase them in stretch goals or show any way to acquire them.   And then... it's all resin... 

Edit 2: Oh... wait... this is the Shadow Hound... a stretch goal.  As for the sculpts, I like Gloom the Shadow Hound, Rakkir the Orc and the Thrommel the Dwarf.  Though, to be honest, the Shadow Hound turned out far superior to the artwork, so maybe some of these others will as well.  

On their facebook page where this picture first appeared they mentioned that it was going to be a free stretch goal at some point during the campaign. Everyone getting a certain level (I think the box of 3, 5 pack of pack of 7) should get it provided they do well enough. Don't know about the single figure backers 'though.