Goblyn

Floor/Wall Mimics

18 posts in this topic

Awesome!

*** After his first adventure, Gareck never left home anymore***

3 people like this

Sweet!  Those are sure to keep adventurers from rubbing their grubby hands over the walls when searching for hidden doors...  I really like the floor one, but both are cool.

5 people like this

Awesome!  One thing I'm curious about, though, is what will be done with the "normal" (non-mimic) wall and floor pieces?

As in, will you be making a mold off of them and then using the same texture for 3D terrain?  Or do you normally use floor tiles and such?

Otherwise, if you're only laying down one particular segment of "normal" stone or wall, that might be a bit of a "tell" to the players.  (Sort of like how in old Scooby-Doo cartoons and the like, you could always tell that that ONE rock over there that's slightly discolored and well-outlined is going to turn out to be the tooth of a monster, or is actually going to get picked up, or in some way is not just part of the background painting.  ;)  )

4 people like this

Those are incredibly cool!

2 people like this

They are incredibly awesome!  I'd love to paint a few up. ::wub::

1 person likes this

Next thing..the entire dungeon is a mimic and eats you...

OMG...!

1 person likes this

That is a distinct possibility in Pathfinder and the Mimic entry there states that...

2 people like this

OMG...!

with mimics all the way down

2 people like this

OMG...!

That reminds me of a map pack I saw once that appeared to represent a "dungeon" inside the belly of a giant whale-like creature.  (Or maybe it was meant to be a giant worm.  Hard to tell from the inside.)

1 person likes this

OMG...!

I ran an adventure last summer where a colony of mimics replaced an entire village. The Village Smithy was the leader. The PCs investigated the creepy abandoned town, and objects (chairs, pottery, etc.) would move when they weren't looking. Odd noises, footsteps. Just as they were convinced it was a haunting, the cutlery attacked - little Fine 1hp mimics disguised as forks! Took them until the first kill to see it wasn't haunted cutlery but mimics, and then the chair attacked. All of the furniture sprouted mouths, and they ran, only to be pursued by the Smithy!

Good times.

Edit to add - These are super cool! If you used just the monster part you could ad them anytime you used Stones, Secret Weapon, or Dwarven Forge terrain.

Edited by Reaperbryan
6 people like this

Wowza!!!

Awesome!  One thing I'm curious about, though, is what will be done with the "normal" (non-mimic) wall and floor pieces?

As in, will you be making a mold off of them and then using the same texture for 3D terrain?  Or do you normally use floor tiles and such?

Otherwise, if you're only laying down one particular segment of "normal" stone or wall, that might be a bit of a "tell" to the players.  (Sort of like how in old Scooby-Doo cartoons and the like, you could always tell that that ONE rock over there that's slightly discolored and well-outlined is going to turn out to be the tooth of a monster, or is actually going to get picked up, or in some way is not just part of the background painting.  ;)  )

maybe i ll do a set of floor tiles with some mimics randomly inserted in the set   :p

4 people like this

Excellent!!!

1 person likes this