Darcstaar

Tyranny of Dragons: Hoard of the Dragon Queen

205 posts in this topic

Perception : 15 +6 = 21

Initiative: 13 + 0 = 13

Talbard does not know Light so he would be carrying a torch and his shield.

The 1 and 2 on the map represent piles of filth, trash, and fur that start to stir once you enter the cave.  You all are able to keenly perceive that each is a swarm of rats.

No surprise round.

Initiative Order:

Daton 16

Klaus and Talbard tied 13

Deckard 11

rats 8

Rolen 6

The floor is smooth dirt.  Other than being a little dusty, it is not difficult terrain.

So.... since we rolled init I'm guessing the rats are reacting hostilely to our presence?

In that case Daton'll step around and try to set up the swarm to his right in for a flank and swing down with the greatsword to cleave as many of the buggers as he can!
9+5=14

5+6+3=14

(double 14s? What're the odds?)

Yes, they are menacing, and you need to clear the tunnels...

Ok, you can walk all the way around to the far side without provoking an Opportunity Attack.

Daton wades into the fray, sweeping a wide arc with his great sword.  Numerous tiny rats are hacked in two!

(7 points.  They have Resistance).

Backing up Daton, I will take a slash with my axe.

"Rotten rodents!!"

12+5=17

1d8 + 5: ( 2 ) + 5 = 7

Klaus rushes up to the right swarm, swiping with his battle axe, doing 3 more points of damage.

Talbard is up.

Since Talbard does not have his hammer out, he will move towards the front and if he can reach he will take a swing with the torch that he is carrying as an improvised weapon.  If he can not reach, he will move forward and drop the torch and ready his hammer.

Attack: 8 + 3 = 11

Damage: 1 + 3 = 4

5e is a lot more forgiving with actions.  You can walk up, drop the torch, pull out your weapon and attack.  The 11 hits, so go ahead and roll weapon damage.

2 people like this

Talbard rushes forth and swipes at the damaged group of rats, doing some fire and some physical damage.  They have taken 12 damage.

Deckard is up.

Deckard mutters something about "a set of pipes would be better for this" and strike a cord on his lute while detailing the faults of rodents in general.

Vicious Mockery: 3pts psychic damage and disadvantage on next attack if fail Wis save.

Sorry for the delay.

Assuming you target the already damaged swarm, they fail their save and take 3 more damage.  They have taken 15 damage.  They have disadvantage.

The wounded swarm then enters Daton's space, provoking Opportunity Attacks from Daton, Klaus, and Talbard.

The un-injured swarm scurries over to try to enter Klaus' square, provoking an OA from Klaus.

Go ahead and resolve those...

Sorry for the delay.

Assuming you target the already damaged swarm, they fail their save and take 3 more damage.  They have taken 15 damage.  They have disadvantage.

The wounded swarm then enters Daton's space, provoking Opportunity Attacks from Daton, Klaus, and Talbard.

The un-injured swarm scurries over to try to enter Klaus' square, provoking an OA from Klaus.

Go ahead and resolve those...

Klaus only gets one reaction before his next turn, so let me know which swarm you want to OA.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

AoO:

(uninjured)

axe slash: 1d20 +5 (13) + 5 = 18

If that hits: 1d8 + 3 ( 5 ) + 5* = 10*

Edited by haldir
*Changed due to I don't know how to add......

Daton'll swing mightily against those rats coming towards him...

20+5= critical

6+1+6+2 +3 = 18 damage

2 people like this

Klaus turns his attention to the rats swarming toward him, slicing a mighty arc through their numbers.  4 damage.

Daton does his best to defend himself as the rat swarm comes to cover his legs.  His vicious reaction thins the swarm number enough to disperse the first swarm!

The second swarm bites at Klaus.

12+2= 14

If that hits, 9 damage.

Using my shield I'm able to fend off the swarm..for now (AC18)

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now