Jump to content
Darcstaar

Tyranny of Dragons: Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Recommended Posts

Perception : 15 +6 = 21

Initiative: 13 + 0 = 13

 

Talbard does not know Light so he would be carrying a torch and his shield.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1 and 2 on the map represent piles of filth, trash, and fur that start to stir once you enter the cave.  You all are able to keenly perceive that each is a swarm of rats.

 

No surprise round.

 

Initiative Order:

Daton 16

Klaus and Talbard tied 13

Deckard 11

rats 8

Rolen 6

 

The floor is smooth dirt.  Other than being a little dusty, it is not difficult terrain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.... since we rolled init I'm guessing the rats are reacting hostilely to our presence?

 

In that case Daton'll step around and try to set up the swarm to his right in for a flank and swing down with the greatsword to cleave as many of the buggers as he can!
9+5=14

5+6+3=14

(double 14s? What're the odds?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, they are menacing, and you need to clear the tunnels...

 

Ok, you can walk all the way around to the far side without provoking an Opportunity Attack.

 

Daton wades into the fray, sweeping a wide arc with his great sword.  Numerous tiny rats are hacked in two!

 

(7 points.  They have Resistance).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Backing up Daton, I will take a slash with my axe.

 

"Rotten rodents!!"

 

12+5=17

1d8 + 5: ( 2 ) + 5 = 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klaus rushes up to the right swarm, swiping with his battle axe, doing 3 more points of damage.

 

Talbard is up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Talbard does not have his hammer out, he will move towards the front and if he can reach he will take a swing with the torch that he is carrying as an improvised weapon.  If he can not reach, he will move forward and drop the torch and ready his hammer.

 

Attack: 8 + 3 = 11

Damage: 1 + 3 = 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5e is a lot more forgiving with actions.  You can walk up, drop the torch, pull out your weapon and attack.  The 11 hits, so go ahead and roll weapon damage.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talbard rushes forth and swipes at the damaged group of rats, doing some fire and some physical damage.  They have taken 12 damage.

 

Deckard is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deckard mutters something about "a set of pipes would be better for this" and strike a cord on his lute while detailing the faults of rodents in general.

 

Vicious Mockery: 3pts psychic damage and disadvantage on next attack if fail Wis save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the delay.

 

Assuming you target the already damaged swarm, they fail their save and take 3 more damage.  They have taken 15 damage.  They have disadvantage.

 

The wounded swarm then enters Daton's space, provoking Opportunity Attacks from Daton, Klaus, and Talbard.

 

The un-injured swarm scurries over to try to enter Klaus' square, provoking an OA from Klaus.

 

Go ahead and resolve those...

Sorry for the delay.

 

Assuming you target the already damaged swarm, they fail their save and take 3 more damage.  They have taken 15 damage.  They have disadvantage.

 

The wounded swarm then enters Daton's space, provoking Opportunity Attacks from Daton, Klaus, and Talbard.

 

The un-injured swarm scurries over to try to enter Klaus' square, provoking an OA from Klaus.

 

Go ahead and resolve those...

Klaus only gets one reaction before his next turn, so let me know which swarm you want to OA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AoO:

(uninjured)

axe slash: 1d20 +5 (13) + 5 = 18

If that hits: 1d8 + 3 ( 5 ) + 5* = 10*

 

 

Edited by haldir
*Changed due to I don't know how to add......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klaus turns his attention to the rats swarming toward him, slicing a mighty arc through their numbers.  4 damage.

 

Daton does his best to defend himself as the rat swarm comes to cover his legs.  His vicious reaction thins the swarm number enough to disperse the first swarm!

 

The second swarm bites at Klaus.

12+2= 14

If that hits, 9 damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using my shield I'm able to fend off the swarm..for now (AC18)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Darcstaar
      Here's my final batch of new painted figures.
      Bones Giant Centipedes.  A staple encounter for low-level adventurers.
      Still inspired by Reign of Winter.  Sadly, Mr. Red got into the snow of Mr. Blue's base!
      Enjoy.
      C&C Welcome.

    • By Darcstaar
      Here are some classic vermin for your viewing pleasure.
      Still going along with the Reign of Winter theme, I wanted one wintry option.
      The red one shading/blending got really washed out in the picture.  The recesses are splattered crimson, so much darker than this looks.
      Boy, are these eyes tiny!
       
      C&C Welcome.
       

    • By Darcstaar
      Also to go along with our Reign of Winter campaign.
      This is the BONES Winter Wolf.
      I had the most fun with the eyes.
      Some of the pics came out a little dark, despite 3 lights.
      It must be a camera thing...
       
      C&C Welcome.

    • By Darcstaar
      I haven't posted much lately.
      Work and life have been busy.
       
      We have been playing Reign of Winter.
      The GM told me there would be some Snow Goblins.
      I thought these Bones Gremlins look a lot like Pathfinder Goblins, so I gave them a wintry paint scheme and some snowy bases.
       
      C&C Welcome
       

    • By haldir

      Starfinder: Dead Suns
      Chapter 1: INCIDENT AT ABSALOM STATION
      by Robert G. McCreary
      Starfinder Adventure Path #1: Incident at Absalom Station © 2017, Paizo Inc. All Rights Reserved. 
      For more info visit www.paizo.com/starfinder 
       
      You all have received a message from a dwarf by the name of Duravor Kreel, a member of the Starfinder Society. In this message he says he has a offer for you that if your task is successful could bring you notoriety with the Society itself. He wants you to meet him on Absalom Station. After you've arrived he'll  show you around the Station, get settled in & help with your membership into the Society. Why he picked you? The dwarf has heard some things about each one of you off the net & knew you'd be perfect for the job. After your arrived, he'll explain the job in more depth. He excited to see everyone.
       
      Now,  where or not, your a native of Absalom Station, you've decided that you needed some time away where it's a vacation or a job you're returning on the shuttle, Okimoro. A non-descriptive shuttle like any other that frequents the docking bays of the Station. In particular, Docking Bay 94 ("what a piece of junk".........) on this day.
       
      Absalom Station
       
      The brightly lit docks of Absalom Station are abuzz with activity as travelers bustle by, preparing to board or disembarking from starships bound to or from any of dozens of worlds. Brash and swaggering star pilots, scurrying ysoki mechanics, and expectant colonists mingle with enigmatic kasatha mystics, hard-faced asteroid miners, imposing vesk mercenaries, and more, creating a microcosm of the abundance and variety of life in the Pact Worlds. New arrivals meet friends, loved ones, or business contacts, and are whisked away into the humming activity of daily life on the vast space station.
       
      Docking Bay 94
       
      Beyond them, ground crews tend to the docked ships, and dockworkers in mechanized cargo lifters load and unload freight and luggage.  A sharp tang of ozone hangs in the air—a byproduct of electrical discharges from the docked ships—but underneath, the station’s atmosphere has a slightly used aroma. The docking bay’s deck plates thrum beneath your feet, though whether it’s from the passage of innumerable feet or the vibrations of the station’s power conduits and air recycling systems is impossible to say.
       
      Taking in your surroundings the bay looks like any other docking bay, a large, worn yellow painted "94" lays on the floor directly in front of everyone (everyone is in the grey "trapezoid"), that steps off the shuttle. A information kiosk in on your left. There are set of giant double doors North of the party & there are 2 passages that to the side of those doors.
       
       Anyone outside the shuttle, give me a Perception Check.
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×