Darcstaar

Tyranny of Dragons: Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Recap:  Both bandits slain, 1 Kobold (A) slain.

Deckard relentlessly taunts kobold (B), visibly wounding his pride.

Kobold B advances 10 feet and shoots his sling at Klaus, disadvantage: 11 or 3+4=7 Miss.

Kobold C advances 10 feet and shoots at Klaus 6+4=10 miss

Kobold D advances 20 feet and shoots at Deckard (range 60 = disadvantage ) 5 or 7 + 4 = 9, miss

Kobolds E and F advance 30 feet to Klaus and try to stab him (the second gets advantage for pack tactics)

E - 3+4=7 miss

F - 12 or 19 + 4 = 23 hit.

2+2=4 damage

He whoops and hollers something in Draconic (did you guys see that? I'm da bests!  I stabbied that dorfy!) then he hums a little kobold tune to himself as he licks his dagger.

Daton is up

• Like 1

(apologies, been working everyday since I've gotten back from RCon vacation, last Tuesday. Also note, I'm gonna re-do/re-load my character sheet as somethings aren't coming up on it when I reference it. I'm not sure if it shows that way with everyone else. To be sure I'll just redo the sheet.)

With the wound from the lowly kobold, I will grit my teeth & take a mighty swing at the other one (kE)! 

Battle Axe (d20+5 = 17)

Damage: (d8+3 = 6)

"Pop goes the Kobold!!!"

I will then move up to kD if I can.

Klaus strikes down Kobold E.  

Rolen is up.

He shoots an arrow.

You can’t tell where he was aiming.  The arrow lands 10 feet from him in the dirt. (Nat 1).

Deckard is up.

Deckard once again taunts the kobold (B): "Not only can you not sling rocks, you are so ugly, not even arrows want to be near you!"

Vicious Mockery: save (Wis) or take (1d4) 3pts psychic damage and disadvantage on next attack.

• Like 1

Kobold B shoots his sling at Deckard, trying to redeem his sense of self: Disadvantage

18 or 20 + 4 = 22 hits.

Damage 4+2=6

Kobold C advances to Klaus and attacks with its dagger:

Advantage (Pack tactics)

12 or 12 + 4 = 16 misses

Kobold D attacks Klaus with its dagger:

Advantage (Pack tactics)

3 or 16 + 4 = 20

Damage 1+2=3 if that hits.

Next round.

Daton makes Kobold D pay with his life.  His arrow sinks into its back and the tip bursts forth from its chest, dragging much of its quivering heart with it.

Talbard is up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MissNiki
      So guys. I repainted an old D&D mini, in the process learning that it is kinda rare I guess lol..oops! She looks pretty badass if I say so myself! 

But yeah! This sculpt is awesome and was super fun to paint.
      My husband runs a couple D&D games, I play in one every other week that is a MONSTER campaign and it is so fun! So in honor of tonight's game night, I wanted to share her! 
      I play a Ranger Drider, this is her!  (My other party members are a Rogue Gargoyle, Swashbuckler Rogue Mindflayer and a Cleric Shield Guardian, I can post those minis too, if ya'll like) 

I used some mystery reaper samples for some base coats and Folkart brand Coloshift paints for accent and omg, this stuff is awesome. I can get it for about $4 a bottle (2 oz bottles) here in Central NY. It is really cool to work with and semi translucent so I was able to layer and manipulate the tones. I wish I could really capture the scintillating nature of these paints! 
      Hope you love her as much as I do and no one hates me for repainting an old classic, hard to find mini! lol

Thanks!  C&C welcome! 

• By Darius Glenwell

Another one for a client of mine completed! He sent me a character illustration as inspiration for the mini. Really like this figure, and may pick him up myself, paint him in full military green for use with my IMEF Troopers! 

• By Darcstaar
      I don't get to be a player as much as a DM.
      So, when I do get to play, I want to spend a little extra effort on my figure for my own PC.
      This is the situation for this Goldar.

He is a half-orc fire specialized sorcerer, so he get's to use a Greataxe and plays a little like a one-trick pony with his fire spells.

I envisioned him as very gray skinned.

I tried to accomplish a green shadow blending up to gray highlights.  I mixed MSP Stone Gray and Highland Moss, then highlighting with Weathered Stone.
      I think it just ended up as a pale green, but it is still interesting.  There were glazes of GW green and red washes in the shadows.  I think it would make a good zombie or ghoul flesh recipe.  I tried to give a little life to his face with a few layers of thinned flesh glaze on the nose and cheeks, but it doesn't really show in the photos.  His face was a tad miscast, with a flat nose and odd right cheek.

The backstory of the character describes ritual branding and tattoos all over his body.  I thought that would end up taking the figure toward a Goliath, so I avoided it.  Instead, I put a little flame on his shoulder pad.  I wanted to read as raised embossed metal, but I think it just looks like a decal.

As I thought of ways to add detail, I decided to put runes on his skirt.  My go-to for runes are the variant of FUTHARK used in the Ultima games.
      In this case, Vas Flam, which was the recipe for the fireball spell!  I liked it enough, I put it on the axe.  I can imagine a smart sorcerer would figure out a way to turn his skirt into a scroll.  I'll see if my DM will let me do it ;)

I had to re-do the armored legs and axe nmm a few times.  The first time I tried the Twilight Blue triad, and didn't like it.  Then I tried the Stone Gray triad, and worried it was too close to his skin.  So I ended up mixing White and Black into Cloudy Gray.  It ended up a little rushed.  The scratches are all just painted on, a decision I made at the last minute (I tend to hate risking botching up a paint job that I'm happy with, and getting the metals to that point were almost enough deterrent to do it).

Without further ado, here is my take on Goldar.
      C&C Welcomed.

• By Darcstaar
      This figure is a great load off my Shelf of Shame.
      I wanted to complete it for my friend's 40th birthday, as he was supposed to come back to town for a surprise party.  I never finished it, since he changed his plans and there was no party.  He and I go back to 7th grade, and have gamed together on-and-off for the better part of 25 years.  I've gone back to complete this figure after about a 3 year hiatus.  He is my first real attempt at an NMM weapon and armor.  The challenge with the sword was the spine of the sword is soft not crisp, so getting a straight line was tough.

I asked my friend what his favorite type of character was to play.  His answer: Sword and Board fighter.
      I wanted the figure to resemble my friend: Very pale Caucasian, very light blond short hair.  Also, I wanted our high school colors to figure into the paint scheme: Green and White.

I also like to find old gems from the Reaper store that need some love and new life breathed into them!  Ashlan definitely fits the bill.

So, I present Ashlan Fellthrush, Heroic Paladin.

I had dreams at one point of making the suitable looking parts of the sword and tabard-trim into green gems, but gave up on that to get him DONE!.

Part of the reason I gave up on this figure for so long was my failure to realize my ambitious goal to paint a freehand gold NMM device on the back to match the one sculpted on the front.  The back felt like it needed something.  I tried a white dragon for a while, like the shield, but didn't like it.  So I repainted the back and tried this gold device.  It came out "good enough" after about the third try, so I moved on.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Ashlan.  In know my friend will enjoy it.  He's triple-sealed for gaming goodness.
      Now, I just have to pack him up for a safe trip to Seattle.

Thanks for reading.
      C&C Welcome.
  • Who's Online   41 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)