Darcstaar

Tyranny of Dragons: Hoard of the Dragon Queen

215 posts in this topic

Daton will offer daggers and slings to the children.

"I know it's scary, but if we're jumped again I want you to be as ready to defend yourself as you can be... Be careful with those knives, they can be very sharp. Do you think you can handle it?"

Daton will then extend his handaxe to Cuth.

"Think you're in good enough condition to handle this if it comes down to it?"

He will also stash one of the daggers on his belt, and address the parents.

"We can talk as we walk, but we need to know what's happening and what we risk expecting. Tell us as much as you can, and worry not. We'll do all we can to keep you safe."

Rolen does a great job entertaining the kids, bringing a smile to their mother's face.

Daton then tries to get everyone back on task, doling out the weapons.

Cuth waves you off. "Sir, I'm not going to be able to use that one. If you please, I'll just carry my littlest one. He'd slow us down too much if we let him walk."

(OOC - the kids are too small and young to really help with the fighting They'll take the weapons and use them in case of the unthinkable).

Linan tells you the quickest way to the Keep is the street. It heads east, then branches to the side street to the Keep.

"We have seen kobolds, humans, giant lizards and we think there is a dragon up one the air."

At the thought of that, she shudders.

She continues. "The town is in chaos. Fires are burning everywhere. I fear the way to the Keep may be blocked soon."

(OOC I'm going to post some maps as soon as I can).

"Well then, we had best be moving." Deckard looks down at our captive.

"Who is going to carry our captive?"

"I knocked him out, I guess he's my responsibility."

Daton hoists the kobold over his shoulder.

"Let's carry on, to the keep, then."

1 person likes this

"Want me to scout out ahead?"

If there is a keep, and the city is under attack, is the keep entrance blockaded?

The top map shows Greenest among the cities of the Sword Coast.

The second is a map of Greenest. The important area is #1, which is the Keep.

Other points of note are a mill, stream, and temple to Chauntea, which those of you who had ties to Greenest will know about, and where they are.

I will retrieve my bolt from the kobold if I can. Wipe it & my axe off & place the bolt back into it's case. Shouldering my crossbow. I grab my shield & my axe & ask "Point the way to the keep, we'll get yah there!"

Being a merc, Klaus really had no home other then the one in the Mtn (insert name) that was overrun by goblins & other foul beasts. He lost his wife & 2 kids in that raid, he wasn't going to lose this family.

I will take lead but will stay near the family.

"I think we should all stick close. No telling what could be lying in wait for an ambush, and there'll be strength in numbers."

"Aye. I agree" We should surround the family if we can & just make our way there the fastest way possible"

You make your way along the road (fastest). You move about 15 minutes when you are spotted by a a group of pillagers: 3 kobolds come to harass you from behind, and 4 human mercenary types block your way from the front.

The humans don't seem to be wearing a cohesive uniform, just whatever clothes and bits of armor they own. They are all wearing black arm bands.

One steps forward. "Well well, lookie what we'd got here boys! Some do-gooders trying to act like heroes. Let's show'em what we do to interlopers. I got dibs on that sweet woman..."

He cracks a disgusting smile, liking his lips and barking at Linan.

(OOC roll initiative. It is getting darker. Due to the twilight and fires, there is at least dim light. -5 perception checks related to vision (except Darkvision within range). The road here is 20 feet wide. The mercenary speaker is 20 feet away, his chums are 30 feet away. The kobolds are in the other direction, 30 feet away. Scattered trees line the road, big enough to give half cover. Where there is no tree, there are light bushes/hedges here and there which can lightly obscure someone).

Do I recognize the black arm bands as anything? (It's my background thing)

The arm bands, not specific enough yet.

Don't worry, that part of your background will have a chance to shine, I guarantee!

1 person likes this