Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Dark Maiden as Demonic Frostgrave Construct (14106)

Brutal!!!

I would run like hell from that!

Good job!

Thank you, Xherman!    :)

She looks great!

Thank you, Citrine!

She turned out amazing!

Thank you, hiddenone!

Excellent!  The OSL sets it off, and the swords just look good too.

Thank you, BLZeebub! Glad to hear you think the OSL turned out so good. 

• Like 2

Holy crap I love that!  The green OSL is so subtle yet stunning!

Thank you, Baldur!  My worry always with OSL is that I'm going to over do it, so glad to hear you think the subtleness works. 

• Like 1

Love what you've done here! You took a mini that I always thought was neat, but somewhat impractical and made it make amazing sense!

The swords actually instantly made me think light sabres. Yep, she's a demon boat Jedi. Seriously, though, the OSL is done so well that it does come across as that same idea of light/energy blazing across the blades. Excellent work, good sir!

• Like 2

Love what you've done here! You took a mini that I always thought was neat, but somewhat impractical and made it make amazing sense!

The swords actually instantly made me think light sabres. Yep, she's a demon boat Jedi. Seriously, though, the OSL is done so well that it does come across as that same idea of light/energy blazing across the blades. Excellent work, good sir!

Thank you, Pippin!

I agree that while it is a very cool mini it is mostly an impractical gaming mini.  Only in a bizarre setting such as Frostgrave could I have conceived of there being a masthead of an ancient derelict ship still magically moving around the old city under some long-gone Enchanter's Enchant Construct spell.   Or there being some Demon trapped in an ancient masthead; torn free of the derelict ship it was bound to, only to float magically across the ruined waterfront seeking vengeance on anyone it finds.

And now that you pointed it out to me, I have to say I agree that the swords bear a strong resemblance to light sabers...not that that's a bad thing. :)

• Like 2

Oh my, that looks amazing and nightmare-inducing. The green lighting looks good and convincing (and the anchor and chain look good and rusty)!

• Like 1

That ROCKS!!!

Nice work.

Thank you, Chaoswolf!

Oh my, that looks amazing and nightmare-inducing. The green lighting looks good and convincing (and the anchor and chain look good and rusty)!

Thank you, Pingo!  I especially appreciate the kind words regarding the anchor.  Though it's hidden around back, and not as flashy as the OSL, I think the aged rusty look turned out really well on it.

Very nice!

Thank you, ub3r!

• Like 3

I dont know where to begin really.. The first pleasant surprise was the skillful OSL that was not too much or too subtle to be noticed. Then I was again hit by the realistic coloring of the old-wood look of the figurehead.. Finally the anchor with its perfect rust effect was the final hit needed to blow me away.

This is a great composition. Well thought out and tediously worked to perfection. I love it. Two thumbs up!

• Like 1