SamuraiJack

Live
Midgard Campaign Setting: Dark Roads & Deep Magic

5 posts in this topic

About this project

Welcome to Midgard’s shadow roads, traveler! The way is winding and dangerous, but the rewards are great for the adventuresome and bold.

085f9d071ffe0b0f6a204add517d0cc1_origina

The rewards for the Midgard Kickstarter include 3 primary books, plus a slew of thrilling adventures and crunchy expansions! The core rewards include these volumes:

Midgard Campaign Setting: A 300+ page volume describing the Midgard regions, from the Northlands to the Western Wastes, and from the Southlands to the Crossroads. With detailed locations, cities, rulers, heraldry, plots, and adventure hooks galore, plus full details of the various pantheons, masked gods, and dark gods, there’s enough here to fuel years of adventuring!

In this updated edition, you’ll get the expanded Blood Kingdom of Morgau and updates to Zobeck, the Cantons, the Western Wastes, and other regions. If we meet our goals, we'll also  add the Shadow Realm and Blood Kingdom as standalone chapters, and may even open the golden gates of Khandiria...

This book is available in both a regular cover and in a special limited edition with leatherette cover, bookmark, and stamped gold foil, plus a handbound leather edition.

Midgard Heroes Handbook for 5th Edition: Full details for Midgard races, variants, archetypes, and backgrounds—everything you need to play trollkin, ravenfolk, kobolds, and others! You’ll also get more than a dozen new cleric domains, new weapons and equipment, and Deep Magic spells and traditions such as Clockwork Magic and Ley Line Magic. Stretch goals will add even more Deep Magic to the book, plus expanded races and broader options for existing ones.

Midgard Player’s Guide for Pathfinder RPG: Collects all of Midgard’s racial lore, class options, feats, and equipment under one set of covers—plus new material for ley line magic, and more. We hope to expand it with shadow magic and other stretch goals. Developed by Paizo staff developer Amanda Hamon Kunz.

Deep Magic Standalone: If the Heroes Handbook for 5th Edition grows too large from the addition of further Deep Magic material, we’ll split the spells and traditions into a separate volume of the arcane. If so, the new divine domains will remain in the Heroes Handbook.

Eldritch Lairs: A series of short 5th Edition adventures written by James Haeck and other designers, somewhat like the Prepared! collection of one-shots. This starts as a set of PDF stretch goals, and it will become a print volume included with the premium tiers once the collection is big enough (it will be an add-on for Basic pledge tiers).

dfe790c31f69ad49042a0beb196591f4_origina

e62c36137bc928dfd007fb1e29a18893_origina

The Midgard Campaign Setting is a world of dark roads and deep magic, firmly rooted in European myths and legends. While some regions of Midgard have been played since the 80s, Zobeck and the Crossroads were first published in 2006, and the world was originally published in 2012.

Midgard supports the 5th Edition of the world’s first RPG, as well as the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and others. Its players enjoy both wide-ranging rules support and a rich variety of adventures. Now we’re ready to update the setting by a decade, and to reveal a few of the secrets hinted at in the first edition of Midgard—while introducing new secrets and mysteries, of course! Baba Yaga knows much, and shares enough lore and schemes to fuel the next 5 years of campaigning.

Kobold Press always deliver a top-notch product, though it comes at a certain price. As I have all those books, I'm not sure I want to "update" at that price.

Kobold Press always deliver a top-notch product, though it comes at a certain price. As I have all those books, I'm not sure I want to "update" at that price.

I'm in the same boat. I have the previous books so, even though I play 5E rather than Pathfinder, I don't know whether there is enough value for money in it for me to update.

Is the setting any good?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now