SamuraiJack

Live
Midgard Campaign Setting: Dark Roads & Deep Magic

5 posts in this topic

About this project

Welcome to Midgard’s shadow roads, traveler! The way is winding and dangerous, but the rewards are great for the adventuresome and bold.

085f9d071ffe0b0f6a204add517d0cc1_origina

The rewards for the Midgard Kickstarter include 3 primary books, plus a slew of thrilling adventures and crunchy expansions! The core rewards include these volumes:

Midgard Campaign Setting: A 300+ page volume describing the Midgard regions, from the Northlands to the Western Wastes, and from the Southlands to the Crossroads. With detailed locations, cities, rulers, heraldry, plots, and adventure hooks galore, plus full details of the various pantheons, masked gods, and dark gods, there’s enough here to fuel years of adventuring!

In this updated edition, you’ll get the expanded Blood Kingdom of Morgau and updates to Zobeck, the Cantons, the Western Wastes, and other regions. If we meet our goals, we'll also  add the Shadow Realm and Blood Kingdom as standalone chapters, and may even open the golden gates of Khandiria...

This book is available in both a regular cover and in a special limited edition with leatherette cover, bookmark, and stamped gold foil, plus a handbound leather edition.

Midgard Heroes Handbook for 5th Edition: Full details for Midgard races, variants, archetypes, and backgrounds—everything you need to play trollkin, ravenfolk, kobolds, and others! You’ll also get more than a dozen new cleric domains, new weapons and equipment, and Deep Magic spells and traditions such as Clockwork Magic and Ley Line Magic. Stretch goals will add even more Deep Magic to the book, plus expanded races and broader options for existing ones.

Midgard Player’s Guide for Pathfinder RPG: Collects all of Midgard’s racial lore, class options, feats, and equipment under one set of covers—plus new material for ley line magic, and more. We hope to expand it with shadow magic and other stretch goals. Developed by Paizo staff developer Amanda Hamon Kunz.

Deep Magic Standalone: If the Heroes Handbook for 5th Edition grows too large from the addition of further Deep Magic material, we’ll split the spells and traditions into a separate volume of the arcane. If so, the new divine domains will remain in the Heroes Handbook.

Eldritch Lairs: A series of short 5th Edition adventures written by James Haeck and other designers, somewhat like the Prepared! collection of one-shots. This starts as a set of PDF stretch goals, and it will become a print volume included with the premium tiers once the collection is big enough (it will be an add-on for Basic pledge tiers).

dfe790c31f69ad49042a0beb196591f4_origina

e62c36137bc928dfd007fb1e29a18893_origina

The Midgard Campaign Setting is a world of dark roads and deep magic, firmly rooted in European myths and legends. While some regions of Midgard have been played since the 80s, Zobeck and the Crossroads were first published in 2006, and the world was originally published in 2012.

Midgard supports the 5th Edition of the world’s first RPG, as well as the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and others. Its players enjoy both wide-ranging rules support and a rich variety of adventures. Now we’re ready to update the setting by a decade, and to reveal a few of the secrets hinted at in the first edition of Midgard—while introducing new secrets and mysteries, of course! Baba Yaga knows much, and shares enough lore and schemes to fuel the next 5 years of campaigning.

Kobold Press always deliver a top-notch product, though it comes at a certain price. As I have all those books, I'm not sure I want to "update" at that price.

Kobold Press always deliver a top-notch product, though it comes at a certain price. As I have all those books, I'm not sure I want to "update" at that price.

I'm in the same boat. I have the previous books so, even though I play 5E rather than Pathfinder, I don't know whether there is enough value for money in it for me to update.

Is the setting any good?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sylverthorne
      And now, for something completely different.

Yes, yes. I know. Not miniatures. But! Shiny! Art! With.. with .. with stuff. *Sage nod*
      The book part usually gets shipped with efficiency; medals and patches and things seem to depend on the efficiency of the crafter making them, but communication is good and things generally show up. I haven't grabbed hardbacks; I've been happy with the soft covers.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
                       Product Description
      A custom made box aka "vault" to hold essentially all gaming materials needed to play many table top role playing games. The gaming vault measures 4"depth x 9 1/2"width x 12 1/2"length externally. Internal depth is 2 1/4" and weighing 5lbs which is made of solid wood with a custom made hand crafted design to the front. The vault opens like a book with the spine laying flat. There are built up sides to keep materials secured inside. Once the vault is open there are two troughs located on the right side for writing utensils and dice along with a rolling surface covered with a faux leather material and a clip to the top left corner to secure scratch paper. This exciting products also includes a matching dice tower that is collapsible and lays flat within the box.
                        How We Plan To Succeed!
      The funds raised will be used to help obtain more tools to make more elaborate, complex designs for the gaming vault and to add to its functional complicity. We have so many ideas on new vault designs and how to add to the gaming vault. Such as the use of different woods and stains to fit clients preferences. 
                      Why I LOVE the gaming vault
      Everything I need is all in one handy vault that goes with me to game night...and not to mention I think is pretty cool looking too. Before the gaming vault my gaming books, dice and dice tower along with scrap paper and pencils were kept in a book bag where they would get pretty beat up. I spent money on those items and it sucked to see them fall apart after a short period of time. With the gaming vault I not only have all of my stuff stored nicely together but it protects my hard earned money spent on gaming products.
                                 Stretch Goals 
             If we meet our $11,000 goal we want to make many different stains, rolling surface materials, metals along with a variety of different woods available.
                           nightshadecreations17@gmail.com
                SUGGESTIONS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project

Arcana Note is a portable, rugged leather notebook filled with 5E tools such as character sheets, cheat sheets, a collapsing dice tray, a ruler that measures game feet, a mini GM screen, grid paper, condition/spell/item cards, card pages and more. The inside pages contain templates for tracking sessions, NPCs, organizations and locations within your campaign. 

Whether you are a player or a GM, Arcana Note provides a dragon's hoard of supplies to help you with your 5E games. 
      The kit comes in a long-lasting leather journal that is crafted to survive many epic campaigns.  The handy size allows you to easily bring it to your sessions by throwing it in your backpack or car. It also takes up less space at the table. The strong leather covering protects your sheets from tearing, bending and arcane missiles.  The inner pages are designed to streamline your games so you can spend more time adventuring and less time looking up information or printing resources. Arcana Note is a great piece of loot for both new players as well as veterans looking to raise the armor class of their character sheets. 

Arcana Note contains the following items:
      One A5 size leather journal made of saddle leather. It develops a rich patina giving it a rugged, weathered look the more you use it. It's soft and smooth like Gnome skin but tough enough to wear as armor. Collapsible dice tray that fits snugly within the journal. No more rolling your dice off the side of the table and trying to claim it landed on a 20.  A high quality, glossy UV coated mini GM screen that slides smoothly into the pockets of the notebook.  Custom character sheets that were designed to be streamlined and clean. Extra character sheet included to roll up yet another Chaotic "Neutral" character. Cheat sheets such as equipment tables, light source diagrams, rules, and more so you can stop borrowing your GM's PHB. Session note pages to help keep you organized.  Campaign specific pages to track timeline, NPCs, locations, organizations, deities and more. Grid paper so you can draw pretty maps. A ruler that measures game distances. For when you don't have a battle grid or your low intelligence Barbarian has a hard time counting squares.  Condition cards. Lay the card out in front as a reminder.  A spell slot card to track spell usage.  50 blank spell cards to place in in the card pages for your own personal spell book. 30 blank item cards to manage loot or hand out to players. Ten card holder pages that hold up to 80 cards.  A zip pouch for holding small tokens & pencils. Six divider tabs to help stay organized. An A5 plastic divider that can be used for dry/wet erase notes. Ten dry erase initiative card tents to hang from your GM screen or place in front of each player. The 6 hole A5 binder paper is easily found in various styles to order online and we will be providing the digital PDFs so you can print your own pages at any time. We will also be providing refill pages at a reasonable price after the Kickstarter if you don't want to print your own. 
      Please note that metal dice will eventually wear through the dice tray and will cause damage. If you have metal dice, we suggest using the tray to hold the dice then rolling on the thicker leather of the journal instead.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      The Crew of the Mother Hydra.
      Welcome to the latest Kickstarter from Blind Beggar Miniatures: The Crew of the Mother Hydra. The aim of this campaign is to get these new Amphibious Alien miniatures into production in white metal. Success will see this happen. 
      With your help it will.

The Mother Hydra.
      The Mother Hydra is the name of a space-faring vessel of previously unknown design that has entered the fringes of the solar system in which the planet Outland exists. 
      The occupants of this vessel have made long range contact with the authorities on Outland and appear to be conducting themselves in a most peaceful fashion. They claim to be an alliance of amphibious alien races, calling themselves the Dee-Pwonz.
      A delegation of the Dee-Pwonz has made its way to the surface of Outland and has been greeted by the Human Government of Outland where introductory talks are commencing. 
      This landing party used a small shuttle of curious design that has been set down in the spaceport of Landfall
      The miniatures in this Kickstarter campaign represent the crew of that particular vessel and the the following descriptions detail the roles that they appear to fulfil on board the shuttle,

Whether these roles are accurate has yet to be determined but these are believed to be a reasonable reflection of the positions they occupy in their society.
      At the moment these are the only visitors that have left the shuttle, although there may be more crew members still aboard.....
      The Origins of the Crew...
      At the moment there is only speculation as to the place from where the Mother Hydra came and, until more news is received we can only hope and assume that they have come in peace,
      What do we actually know about them?
      The crew of the Mother Hydra appear to be from several different species of amphibious creatures that have formed an alliance. If they all come from the same planet of origin is as yet undetermined.
      Whether their specific species dictates their role in Dee-Pwonz society is also unknown, although it appears that at least one of the distinct species is fulfilling at least two very different roles on board the shuttle.
      The largest of them appear to be acting as 'warriors', maybe they are the equivalent of Marines on a human vessel, but we cannot be sure but have termed them as such. These larger creatures are not the only members of the crew that appear to be armed as one of the smaller creatures is also bearing what appears very much to be an automatic rifle of human origin. This would also indicate that this is not the first time that the Dee-Pwonz have encountered humankind but how they have come into possession of human weaponry is as yet unclear.
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)