So I've been painting Khanjira for a long time now. Like for a year-ish now. The last time I picked it up I just wasn't happy with how it was turning out and just put it on the shelf and there it sat. Until now. I've finally picked it back up again, I'm not terribly disappointed in how it's turning out but it's still got a long way to go. I figure by making this WIP thread I will hopefully get it done in a timely manner. And by timely manner I mean by Valentine's Day. No particular reason for the date, it's just a date that I will remember. Anyway, here is my progress so far:

post-13972-0-06595100-1485384052_thumb.jpg

Ignore the state of my desk, it's been worse. Also, note to self, stop putting models together before painting them.

• Like 18

All I accomplished today was covering white spots. I started this before I learned about brown liner. Beyond cleaning things up I'm not really sure where I'm going with this yet, which is probably part of why I left it alone for so lone.

• Like 1

All I accomplished today was covering white spots. I started this before I learned about brown liner. Beyond cleaning things up I'm not really sure where I'm going with this yet, which is probably part of why I left it alone for so lone.

Hmm...you have some lovely greens going on already. For some reason, it's reminding me of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....

I'll just leave that thought there. ^_^

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Still working on filling in white spots. I covered most of them on the leg and arm plates, the rest of the body is hit or miss, mostly miss because whenever I turn it over "whoops, I missed a spot." I really wish I'd waited to put this one together until after it was painted, it's pretty painful to hold and I don't really have anything big enough to hold it on that is sturdy enough as well.

• Like 2

As I continue filling in patches I keep finding mold lines and gaps that I missed. I'm trying to decide if I want to just leave it or if I want to take the time to clean it up and repaint it as necessary.  :unsure: Otherwise things are looking good as far as how much white is left on him.

I've decided to go ahead and remove the mold lines. They bug me much more than the gaps. We'll see how I feel about them once I get the mold lines removed, they aren't that big but they are big enough to be noticeable. It'll probably take me a day or so to get it cleaned up and repaint the areas that I will need to.

On another note I'm still trying to figure out the best way to weigh down the base. It topples over backwards when I place it on the base. I'm leaning towards washers but it's a pretty shallow area so I'm not sure I'd be able to get heavy enough ones that would also fit under the base and not make it lean in another direction.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 1

I woke up early and I think that I've gotten all the mold lines, the ones that are accessible anyway. So that didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would have. I have yet to start to repaint which will hopefully start happening either this evening or in the morning. I hope to have it at least back to where I started no later than Sunday. So I probably won't have much in the way of pictures to add until Monday when I can start doing new things to it (hopefully).

• Like 1

Nice, what kind of wash did you use? Kinda reminds me of Reikland Flesshade.

I used Army Painter's soft tone ink that comes in the dropper bottle. I'm trying to decide if I want another coat but I'm running desperately low on it. I think it's my new favorite for washing.

• Like 1