110 posts in this topic

The town is always sinking... gotta love dungeon delving without having to leave the comforts of civilization behind.

1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

The town is always sinking... gotta love dungeon delving without having to leave the comforts of civilization behind.

Precisely and considering the dilapidated conditions aboveground, it's a veritable surface dungeonscape.

2 people like this

Also, there are entire industries built around catering to adventurers flocking to Dreadmere to make their fortunes and local shoppe owners are quick to provide goods and services ensuring any loot acquired in the 'Mere can be spent for upgrades.

3 people like this

I think you mentioned that current day Dreadmere is built on the sunken remains of three previous settlements.

• Grey Elves
  • ?
  • ?

Also, though currently somewhat sidelined, I'd appreciate a bit more on the Disciples of Cthon.   They feel very Cthuhu-ish.  Does this have a link to any of the ruins from the previous civilizations?  Thanks for your answers!

Oh, and here is another of the faction blurb wallpapers I've sent my players

Bonehenge Covenant.PNG

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Mercurion said:

I think you mentioned that current day Dreadmere is built on the sunken remains of three previous settlements.

• Grey Elves
  • ?
  • ?

Also, though currently somewhat sidelined, I'd appreciate a bit more on the Disciples of Cthon.   They feel very Cthuhu-ish.  Does this have a link to any of the ruins from the previous civilizations?  Thanks for your answers!

Oh, and here is another of the faction blurb wallpapers I've sent my players

Bonehenge Covenant.PNG

The city of Tiernival was the northernmost outpost of the Tivallan/gray elvin empire (formerly stretching from the Regency of Dartha hugging Daggerpoint Gulf and heading northwards to what is now the Dark Moors.

The other two settlements include an old fortress and settlement known as Olde Mosscrest (ancestral seat of Murkillor's family) centuries ago.

Later, the area was inhabited by various nobles and ner'do'wells from the Gaelent Highlands, Ritterlich, etc. The town was a decadent outpost for scoundrels. Eventually the greedy nobles and their cronies retreated to their manses while the town burned. A plague had broken out spread by plaguewalkers, horrid undead constructs manufactured by the Wraith King in Stonegraves - his underground lair and laboratory. With no options, the nearby settlements and the Margraive surrounded the town with fortifications and summoned walls and tossed in dozens of fireballs and meteor swarms. The ashes and cinders of the town was a mass grave that sank into the muck.

Flash forward a few centuries and Dreadmere rises from the muck.

As for the Disciples. They're still around. Not side-lined per se. They were betrayed by their allies - the River Widows who took advantage of the momentary weakness and chaos of last years assault by Murkillor's minions. The gang is splintered and a little disorganized but the Crimson Herald is rumored to have survived, albeit very weakened. I suspect the other bands - Duskwardens, Maggotcrowns, etc. have been infiltrated by the Disciples...

And yes, there are a few truly ancient pre-Tivallan ruins in the 'Mere. Last year featured the Disciples of Cthon being contacted by one of these ancient Cthonic entities when the cyclopean ruins rose from the muck.

The Bonehenge Covenant tangled with a Cthonic entity that came down in a meteor and took up residence in one of the crumbling manses on the edge of their territory.

>>ReaperWolf 

Edited by ReaperWolf
5 people like this