Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

dark elf skin triads, anybody use them for shading?

So for a while now I've been incorporating the dark elf skin triads into my washings and shading quite a lot depending on the colors, but they are becoming kind of common for me.  Does anybody else use them for the same purpose?

Just curious....

• Like 1

I like them for dark elves, but I've never gone the route of shading other skin tones with them.  I have experimented with the Dusky skin tones as shadows for "rosy" skin tones for my Chaos Dwarves, which has worked out quite well for me, so I'm going to have to give the Dark Elf skin tones a shot.

• Like 4

Ooooo.. I just got 2 Dark Elf and 2 Dusky skin colors a few days ago (place I ordered from didn't have the third shades in stock). I'll definitely be trying them out for normal skin. So glad I read this. 

• Like 2

I love Dark Elf and Dusky triads for shading white and highlighting black. They are also great for more natural greys for fur and stone and such. (Items in nature are almost never pure neutral greys/black/white, and pure neutrals are duller to look at than something with a hint of colour.)

• Like 10

Love the dark elf triad, it's so versatile. I use them the same way Wren does...thinking back, she's most likely the reason I ordered them to begin with. :-) so thanks! I'll have to add dusky skin triad to my list of paints to get.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord_Ashenwyte
      Hey everyone,

Having spent the last 4 weeks away from any sort of miniatures (Fun vacation tho!), I'm super eager to paint again, and with my return flight being tomorrow, I thought I'd make this thread as a sort of documentation/to-do list. I want to clear my backlog because I'll be frank I'm sick of staring at unpainted plastic every day and I want to do something remotely productive in these remaining four weeks I have free. I have mostly Warhammer miniatures, though there is some Mantic and Reaper stuff in there. 

First of all to be done is this charming fellow. 

A Stormcast chap who I first tested sculpting fur on, which I'm reasonably happy with. A closer look at the fur, which does look like guacamole in this picture.

Right now it's a standard basecoat and drybrush fur, but I will re-doing the fur and wet blend it to something like what this fellow has.

Have a nice day! 

• By dmpv01
      Autumn Bronzeleaf as a drow.

• By dmpv01
      AKA Dorva Shinystab Strongface

• By Sophie was taken
      Just a quick and simple paint, nothing fancy. Couldn’t resist picking it up though, because every tabletop needs a werewolf (even if that tabletop has nobody to play with):

He’s very shiny. I couldn’t find my brush-on sealer and had to use PVA sealer, which is always glossier than the label says. 

His fur is supposed to be mottled grey/white and brown/black, but I never know how to paint the not-obviously furry parts, and usually default to bare skin. In this case, Dark Elf Skin. So I guess he’s a drow werewolf.

Also, this:

Look at at that eye! It’s a halfway decent eye (even if it isn’t quite human)! Calling the whole thing a win on that basis. C&C welcome.
    • By Mutilatedlips
      Dark elves are fun to paint. This came out just so classic looking to me, love it.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)