Metalchaos

01533, Jack the Chibi Pumpkin Head

As a Pumpkin Head Fan myself I must say that is one UBERCOOL Little Guy. Your brushwork & colors are OUTSTANDINGWONDERFULLY WELL DONE!

Amazing!

I have one of those, thx for the inspiration!

I love the natural look of the plant parts and those eyes are great!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NyarlaBcn
      My work for this past week. 
      I don't have space to display big dioramas; not even for scenic bases. Lately, though, I've been trying really, really small diorama ideas or improved basing with a bit more life. An example was my Mucroack posted here a month ago or so. 
      Now I used that idea to combine two Reaper miniatures that fit together perfectly; special edition Halloween Knight & Halloween Tree. 
      I used a rusty bronze, green & orange palette for most of this work. Really happy with the outcome :) 
      P.S. Gallery on Instagram @albertnyarla , will love some new followers ^^ 

• By Pingo
      I thought I had a WIP thread for her, but apparently not. I know I posted a half-done photo of her once, long ago. At any rate, here is a blast from the past and my past as well, the long-languishing Reaper 59037, Deadlands Noir Femme Fatale, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

And because I like to play around with backgrounds:

• By Crowley
      Somehow I ended up with 2 sets of 03793: Townsfolk of Dreadmere: Mercenaries (3) by Bob Ridolfi, and another on the way with Bones 4. Figured these 3 (x2) would be a good set to start the year with. 

After a good wash and scrub, they were glued onto the last of my round Reaper bases (really like this style base) and proceed with Reaper brush on white primer. I then used Tanned Shadow and Ruddy Flesh for their faces and hands.

Then used a variety of browns plus muddy Olive and burgundy wine, Black and linen white... 
      Purple guy thinks he's extra fancy

One of these two has their beanie baby collection in their satchel.

Mr Jedi with an ax to grind amuses me.

More to come!
    • By DocPiske
      After missing last year I'm back. Good thing I started painting in August, just finished these last weekend!

First up, a banshee (77096 Labella DeMornay, Banshee). Not too happy with this one, still working on finding just the right way to use the translucent Bones. I like how the dress turned out, though.

Next up, 77097 Grave Wraith. Happier with this one, but still not quite right:

Next, another pumpkin golem, 03708 Freddie, the Pumpkin Horror. I think I'm only missing one now.

And what is Halloween without a spooky tree (03692 Halloween Tree):

Keeping with the pumpkin theme, here is the Halloween Knight, 01449. Color scheme shamelessly stolen from the mobs in Scholomance in World of Warcraft.

And finally, Halloween herself, 01450 All Hallow's Eve. She came out a bit more shiny than I intended.

Happy Halloween everyone!
    • By Guindyloo
      I finished up this lovely lady last night. She was wonderfully sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I really enjoyed the details on her and she was a lot of fun to paint. 
      I always mean to paint a Halloween figure before Halloween but am usually too busy to actually manage it. I got this figure while at Reapercon though and decided it was meant to be, so I put aside a couple of other things to make time for her. 

I had a lot of technical issues with her due to my clumsiness - I dropped her THREE times which resulted in extensive repair work and having to reattach her to the pumpkin each time.  There’s no indentation or any other indication for how she’s meant to be attached to the pumpkin and assembly is not my strong suit so I struggled a bit with that part. The way I have her attached leaves her foot hanging past the base by a good bit so I’ll need to build the base up on a little bit of cork, but she looked the most correct to me this way. (She is currently still sitting on top of foam tape and the craft paint bottle that I used as a holder, I just painted them black for pictures.)

I was asked over on facebook how I painted the wings, so I’ll copy that info over here as well:
      I basecoated with MSP Black Indigo. (That’s one of this year’s Reapercon swag bag paints. I think Nightmare Black would probably be fine to use in its place.) Then I layered up using paints from Nocturna’s Imperial Purple Set. They’re Vallejo paints made for Nocturna and I highly recommend both that set and the Crimson Red set. Both sets come with little painting guides and the purple one walks you through how to do both cold purples and warm purples. I went in the warm purple direction starting from the darkest colours and layering up to the lightest. So Imperial Purple > Purple Hex > Amethyst > Witch Purple > Lipstick. 
      Then I glazed over everything with MSP Gothic Crimson which was also a LE Reapercon paint, I think from the 2016 swag bag. (I can’t think of a replacement for that off of the top of my head but it’s a wine-maroon colour.) Then in the areas that I wanted to darken, like the transitions going back into the shadows and the backs of the wings, I glazed with the Black Indigo.

• Who's Online   51 Members, 2 Anonymous, 73 Guests (See full list)